Edmonton Canada

Edmsuper

The rink is clear but it is a bit chilly and the roads are mostly dry but can be a tad slippery in spots around the neighborhood.

It looks like Tuesday would be the best bet to meet up in the evening again.

I'm going to head down to the rink at 10 this morning to meet Jeff. He can try it out this morning, then maybe come back on Tuesday when its nicer to try out other wheels if he still wants to move on it.

So no need to come out this morning, but I'll be there if people do.

We had a good session this morning; Jeff got to try out the ACM and the V8, using the walker device. He will be coming back on Tuesday at 6 to hopefully meet the rest of group and decide how he wants to move forward. He has borrowed the V8 so he can play around on it a bit until then. I told him we'll only be able to chat/demo until 6:45 at the latest and then we'll be hitting the road.

Bah, I'm late to the party, and want to pull the trigger on the purchase of a wheel (after meeting you gentleman that Tuesday night, back at the rink).  I've made enough progress on the borrowed wheel to know I want my own, but the timing couldn't be worse for the upcoming winter (not a surprise), and some personal commitments which will take me out of the loop for a bit.  If I buy a wheel, it's going to snow for sure!!

• Upvote 1

Last Sunday was a quiet one, just me working on riding backwards for the most part. @Resinears, who has been learning on my V8 for the past couple of weeks dropped by and I can report has been making excellent progress; being able to ride around without having to hold on to things now. He's found a bigger arena to play around in when the Ritchie arena is tied up, I'm interested to know more about that for next year. Next Sunday, (Canadian Thanksgiving weekend) high of 5C, pop 10%. Just sayin'. ;)

Edited by winterwheel
Didn't see @Resinears' post

9 hours ago, Edmkingsong said:

Friday night or Saturday during the day works for me Sunday is out because of Thanksgiving supposed to be a high on Friday of 8 and a high of Saturday of 9 just let me know?

I would love to ask you a question about the site you told me about when I met the group, but can't message you as a new user.  Could you pm me with your contact info?

Thanks a lot!

Jeff

Nice ride tonight down and around Hawrelak Park, where we saw a vast flock of Canada Geese on the ground prepping to leave town for the winter. Sunday at 11am we'll be meeting up at the arena just to do a bit of skill development, which for me is continuing on my journey to learn to ride backwards. I posted a new video of our stop in at Tim Horton's a  few weeks back in the video thread.

Edited by winterwheel