First Crash

Esash

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Glad to hear you're okay.  I woulda just plowed right through that rope on the Telsa, dragging all those construction bollards with me.  They're plastic right?  Yeah, I say gun it, and see how far you can get!  :w00t2:

Maybe something like this would have worked

slide1.gif

On 5/30/2018 at 8:36 PM, yourtoys7 said:

That was my first wheel as well, absolutely loved it. Almost sorry I sold it :( . Get some protection, please.

Yeah I love it too, I just wish I got the 680wh version.  But I still did 20 miles today with a charging break in between, and when I carry the wheel up an occasional steep hill to save battery, that extends my range significantly and gives me great exercise.

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I woulda just plowed right through that rope on the Telsa, dragging all those construction bollards with me.  They're plastic right?  Yeah, I say gun it, and see how far you can get!  :w00t2:

FYI...I‘m  keeping track of your ‘I Woulda’ comnents so if we ever meet I plan to bring along all of the stunt props you would like to challenge. 

Ok had the first real crash today. Was riding at night in a semi-lit public square kind of area that has good smooth and modern roads. Had been doing some tricks pretty confidently for 1-2hours. Then on a piece of road checking out the place I hit one of those sharp pointy boxy small speedbumps nearly at fullspeed around 25km/h. The same day earlier I had also pumped the tire up to a high pressure. That contributed to sending me flying. Anyway, I managed somehow to roll on my shoulder like a stuntman. It wasn't planned. I happened to be wearing cycling gloves with palm pads and a thin summer half-cowhide motorcycle jacket.

I just got up and kept riding. The wheel had to be restarted a few times to get the gyro stabilized (pedals wouldn't come level with the pavement). After arriving home I couldn't see any damage on jacket, jeans or gloves. Wrists are fine, palms are a bit tender and the shoulder just has a bit of muscle pain as if I hit the gym yesterday. Not too bad.

So anyway, I'm joining the crash club. The only other indicent I ever had was also in low light conditions and also alone. I better get some better lights so I see where I'm going. ?

/a

8 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Ok had the first real crash today. Was riding at night in a semi-lit public square kind of area that has good smooth and modern roads. Had been doing some tricks pretty confidently for 1-2hours. Then on a piece of road checking out the place I hit one of those sharp pointy boxy small speedbumps nearly at fullspeed around 25km/h. The same day earlier I had also pumped the tire up to a high pressure. That contributed to sending me flying. Anyway, I managed somehow to roll on my shoulder like a stuntman. It wasn't planned. I happened to be wearing cycling gloves with palm pads and a thin summer half-cowhide motorcycle jacket.

I just got up and kept riding. The wheel had to be restarted a few times to get the gyro stabilized (pedals wouldn't come level with the pavement). After arriving home I couldn't see any damage on jacket, jeans or gloves. Wrists are fine, palms are a bit tender and the shoulder just has a bit of muscle pain as if I hit the gym yesterday. Not too bad.

So anyway, I'm joining the crash club. The only other indicent I ever had was also in low light conditions and also alone. I better get some better lights so I see where I'm going. ?

/a

Glad you're alright, and yeah, it's nice to get the first crash out of the way. You'll probably be more sore tomorrow.

13 hours ago, alcatraz said:

So anyway, I'm joining the crash club. The only other indicent I ever had was also in low light conditions and also alone. I better get some better lights so I see where I'm going. 

You actually joined the crash club the day you first stepped on an EUC (we all did)... It's just that you have now progressed from provisional membership to full.

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

Full membership...thats funny.

I feel I'm also one step closer to unlocking the superpower of always setting off metal detectors naked. ?

Not yet.. not yet... maybe never! /a

Internal metal has it's advantages... My mobile reception has never been better (4G and WiFi) - but only when I use my "reinforced" arm!

4 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I feel I'm also one step closer to unlocking the superpower of always setting off metal detectors naked. ?

Not yet.. not yet... maybe never! /a

Quickly find some wood to knock on so 'maybe never' remains hopeful.

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Internal metal has it's advantages... My mobile reception has never been better (4G and WiFi) - but only when I use my "reinforced" arm!

I believe you sheet metal repair job is beginning to unfold into an antenna. ?

Archived