THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

i mowed and rolled my paths yesterday.

beat me to death.

then rode these lynxes with the tires inflated to 35psi. more beatings. there is no good way to check on ur property and animals. i need a robot.

• Like 1

i shot this little demo for an interested prospect, and i had forgotten what a comfortable little wheel it is.

now i think i'll keep it for practicing freemounting because ithas no spiked pedals.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cerbera said:

You need a drone ! ;)

i have lots of drones and use to fly rc helis. i worry some trespassing kid would get hit by one and programming them to fly this route seemed difficult. and they are so noisy. for chasing coyotes great, but observing cattle not so much. the wheel and my elevated position works great around the cattle as opposed to a minibike, not so much.

there are many pros of using a wheel for this work, one big negative, very dangerous. i'm always relieved when i finish a ride. i don't do this for fun or exercise. it's either use a wheel or not patrol at all. still need a wheel for retrieving amazon packages.

it's less abuse on my body to use a wheel on this raw land as oppose to any other conveyance. it's basically free, no gas, and much faster than my jeep was. if u don't go slow on a 4 wheel vehicle, u could flip over. i mowed at about 7mph and it beat me to death.

pretty sure part of the cushiness with the lynx is the extremely soft and low rated tire. works for my use at 180 pounds and 90 pound wheel, total 270 pounds on a 267 pound rated tire at max pressure, but if on pavement, it would be prone to wobbles, esp braking when max load is on the tire.

yeah, just two patrols on friday, none yesterday, and my knees are feeling it. on my land i gotta drop tire pressure down alot. non stop dirt pot holes.

Edited by novazeus

Hello, he is right to tell you about the drone. I use it to monitor herds. It does not fly at low altitude, it does not hit any pedestrians, trees, fences, it has a zoom to see an injury on a cattle or a crushed crop or coyote droppings. It flies between 0 degrees and 40 degrees. It is comfortable in winter and not dangerous. No programming at home in front of a screen. Mine consume less than the wheel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, varamontelo said:

Hello, he is right to tell you about the drone. I use it to monitor herds. It does not fly at low altitude, it does not hit any pedestrians, trees, fences, it has a zoom to see an injury on a cattle or a crushed crop or coyote droppings. It flies between 0 degrees and 40 degrees. It is comfortable in winter and not dangerous. No programming at home in front of a screen. Mine consume less than the wheel.

which drone do u use?

how long is ur flight time?

37 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

How did you overlay the telemetry on the video?

the insta preview remote by insta360.

not very accurate elevation wise, but speed and mapping are probably correct. u just got to stats to enable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, varamontelo said:

For the drone question, I use Yuneec typhoon for the camera quality, but flight too short only 15 minutes. I have two. I also use two DJI mavic air2 for 3 batteries of 25 minutes.

that's one thing drones can't do, is keep me cool and the mosquitos from landing on me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

was there a crash?

one at the end ! my friend goes too much on the side to avoid the dust of a car and found deep gravel, nothing serious btw, i was in front and didn't saw it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Many people think they are riding incredibly fast on their wheels... in reality it is turtle speed, after all.   A little weekend entertainment:  The guy in the video has now survived these stunts for over 20 years.. and it's not because I like his way of putting other people's lives and health at risk, but he rides fast, idiotically fast.

Edited by Robse
  • Like 3

Danish drivers must be very disciplined and well-trained. I saw many motorcyclists in Germany on the Autobahn who rode insanely fast, splitting lanes, but not weaving as much as this guy.

In a more chaotic state, he would not be so lucky. I also suspect that he knows every meter of the road he is riding on intimately.

As for "turtle" speed, it's all relative. I routinely hit 25mph on sidewalks with no pedestrians on my MCM. 25mph is very fast for that kind of riding, dodging overgrowth, broken concrete, driveways, parking lots, etc. I frequently get positive attention from motorists who slow down to ride along side of me for a mile or less. But I know the routes I ride extremely well.

When I hop onto the road where there is no traffic, the MCM is way too slow for traffic conditions (45mph, no bike lane or shoulder). Even my S22P is too slow to ride 'safely' in regular traffic.

4 hours ago, Robse said:

Many people think they are riding incredibly fast on their wheels... in reality it is turtle speed, after all.   A little weekend entertainment:  The guy in the video has now survived these stunts for over 20 years.. and it's not because I like his way of putting other people's lives and health at risk, but he rides fast, idiotically fast.

fun to watch, definitely skilled 

7 hours ago, Robse said:

Child, dog, granny, bike and pedestrian crossing are missing :D

Curiously never had problem with cat, snake or bird ?!?

• Like 1