THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

love the v=11 but hate the low shock struts. You can hear me hit a low rock in the ground here.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9dAkpsVuqPo

Also not having any luck uploading the video itself...:( Maybe it's because ima noob?

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
attempt to fix link
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

love the v=11 but hate the low shock struts. You can hear me hit a low rock in the ground here.https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9dAkpsVuqPo

Also not having any luck uploading the video itself...:( Maybe it's because ima noob?

I love the color commentator! Succinct and to the point, no fluff.

Maybe try putting a space or carriage return between the period and the link (use the three dots to edit your post)

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Hopefully it stings enough to show him the obvious necessity of a helmet on a Gotway Monster doing those sort of speeds !

Numerous videos show riders without gear crashing at the highest cut out speeds, but surviving.

The four known EUC deaths have involved vehicles.

The closest known near death caused by an EUC would be the child crossing in NYC.

And all the indoor fires in homes at night.

Seems remarkably fortunate thus far.

Edited by Paul A

Euc vs car

I would have to say that it's both the car and the riders fault. The car should always be checking his blind spot before turning , however the rider approached the stopped car and entered the blind spot and stayed there. There is no way to see the rider from the mirrors in that position so without turning his head to double check his blind spot he probably didn't even see the rider. Also the rider should have noticed the directional that you can clearly see in the video because the camera is positioned behind his eye line as you can see his glasses in the vid. Just my opinion but we have to be aware of cars blind spots when approaching with a vehicle that makes very little noise.

• Like 2

‘Blind spot’ mirrors which afford the driver a look into both the rear view and the blind spot - they’re ‘a thing’ on some cars in some countries now, just sayin’ . But yeah, even though driver is at fault, the EUC rider was taking a massive risk, and we saw the almost inevitable result in the circumstances.

2 hours ago, Robse said:

Oh what a descent name; Kamikaze :facepalm:  btw; Title is wrong.  Should read " I nearly took out a citybike"  who wonders with this kind of riding.

Zoo city - Zoo riders. I just wanna see riders like them get hit by a car. Sorry - not sorry.

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Strangest EUC ever??? DEATH TRAP!!!

It may be shit, but that's not a death trap - I did a thread on it the other day, and it doesn't go anything like fast enough to be dangerous. And it's got that shitty little wheel up front to stop you faceplanting that causes as many problems as it solves. It LOOKS pretty cool, but that where the excitement stops.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

Video title is copy and paste, think the YouTuber was exaggerating for click bait.

Yes, at max speed of 12 mph/20 kph, it's not a death trap.

Bit surprised he bought it in 2021, when there are so many other EUCs available.

Couldn't find specs.

Bit

19 minutes ago, Paul A said:

What would you do?

Watch the grinding of the lock very closely. Right after the lock has been grinded through, immediately take off with the bike. :D

With the video of the theft in hand, you should be able to turn the bike into the police afterwards.