beach riding

novazeus

i think it would be cool some day in the future to be able to ride on the beach but doesn’t the salt take a toll on the euc?

how do u clean it or do u clean it after a ride?

40 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Does "wash it good" include disassembling the wheel?

that’s what i’m trying to figure out. can u squirt water up into the wheel cavity to rinse it off? 

I have two videos of myself riding through the Pacific Ocean. You may have seen them.

When I get home I take the garden hose and a sponge to rinse the outside of the shelf, and spray water around the axle area. Seems good enough for me.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I have two videos of myself riding through the Pacific Ocean. You may have seen them.

When I get home I take the garden hose and a sponge to rinse the outside of the shelf, and spray water around the axle area. Seems good enough for me.

i did see those and others. i didn’t know if water could get inside the motor or bearings by hosing off the inside. 

9 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i did see those and others. i didn’t know if water could get inside the motor or bearings by hosing off the inside. 

Well, I don't aim a high-pressure stream directly at the axle. It's more like a gentle indirect bathing of the motor/tire with fresh water.

I don't baby my wheels so that I can be riding them 5-years from now. So keep that in mind when reading about what I do with my wheels.

I didn't wash it with water, only dry it and use some brush for clean the sand off. I think the dry air from the mountains keep it safe from rusting ?

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't baby my wheels so that I can be riding them 5-years from now. So keep that in mind when reading about what I do with my wheels.

Yeah, Marty likes to go up steep hills so he can stress test the wheel's electronic components!  ?

Water probably isn't going to hurt the electronics, as long as everything gets totally dry before you power up.  Alcohol is better to use on electronic boards, since it evaporates quickly.

Archived