EUC Footwear?

I wear timberland Pro tactical zip boots. I use elastic laces and can zip into them in 2 seconds. I wear them snug. 
The heel has a stabilizer built in. 
the boot is slowly wearing out due to the boot rubbing the power pads from sitting. I’ve bought two additional pair. 

IMG_6979.jpeg

• Like 1

Here is a sole in total contact with the grip of the pedal. There is no empty space, the adhesion surface is complete. These are racing motorcycle boots, I used it on my Ducati. This does not apply to studded pedals.

semelle tcx.jpg

33 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

Here is a sole in total contact with the grip of the pedal. There is no empty space, the adhesion surface is complete. These are racing motorcycle boots, I used it on my Ducati. This does not apply to studded pedals.

semelle tcx.jpg

Those are not racing boots, those looks like a normal flimsy sport boots.

TCX racing line is very similar as others Alpinestars, SIDI etc. Inclined and raised narrow heel, plastic enforced sole. Very good protection and strong plastic hinge which makes possible to move the ankle right way, but also offers good lateral support. But they are also quite uncomfortable to stand on pedals.

https://www.tcxboots.com/us/en/road/racing-2/

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have them, but looks like they have a lot of good stuff going for them. Ankle support looks decent, sole grip doesn't look too harsh, and they look quite slim fit and flexible, so shouldn't get in the way of transitions between standing and seated riding...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I don't have them, but looks like they have a lot of good stuff going for them. Ankle support looks decent, sole grip doesn't look too harsh, and they look quite slim fit and flexible, so shouldn't get in the way of transitions between standing and seated riding...

Yeah. I own these

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Forma-Terra-Evo-Low-Motorcycle-Boots/SubProducts/Forma-Terra-Evo-Low-Motorcycle-Boots-0008&Locale=en_AU&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5Me69PiChgMV1JiDBx0GUgtQEAAYASAAEgKDfPD_BwE

but they are on the heavy side with most rigid toe area i have ever seen. Generally pleased with them but they lack comfort.

Decided to go witth less height and bought 2 pairs that didnt cut it due to lacking enough ankle support and rigidity for stable riding. So after trying and riding with them I had to give up on these two. Actually, I  kept Dainese as walking rain shoe.

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Icon-Overlord-Vented-CE-Moto-Boots

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Dainese-York-Air-Ladies-Motorcycle-Shoes/SubProducts/Dainese-York-Air-Ladies-Motorcycle-Shoes-0005

Was also eying these as possible candidates

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Icon-Stormhawk-WP-Motorcyclce-Boots/SubProducts/Icon-Stormhawk-WP-Motorcyclce-Boots-0026

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/SHIMA-Strato-WP-Ladies-Motorcycle-Boots/SubProducts/SHIMA-Strato-WP-Ladies-Motorcycle-Boots-0006

but finally came up with Icon Alcan as possible solution them being similar to Forma but less bulky and more comfortable (ordered, not tried them yet) 

Edited by versus

The Icon Alcans look nice and I considered them as an upgrade to the Slabtowns in the ankle protection department. But I thought a pedal strike to the BOA ratchet wouldn't go so well, and at the time that was my biggest concern. Please report back with your impressions once you've tried them!

Tried a number of different boots. Work boots, Kinetic - too soft and flexible and didn’t even bother to try on EUC, TCX motor cycle boots, Forma Adventure Low, trainers, etc etc …

The ones I settled on are the Klim Outlander Gtx. Not cheap but a fantastic lacing system, great protection, the sole ergonomics seem to help with acceleration.Love them 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 1:40 AM, mtl said:

The Icon Alcans look nice and I considered them as an upgrade to the Slabtowns in the ankle protection department. But I thought a pedal strike to the BOA ratchet wouldn't go so well, and at the time that was my biggest concern. Please report back with your impressions once you've tried them!

No dice. Alcans are less bulky but, as always with lighter shoes, offer less support and, although not by a very large margin, less control compared to Forma Evo Low.

Evo ticks almost all marks but has annoying effect, due to extremely stiff toe box, of grinding against and causing pain to my upper toe (nail).

Still not giving up and the next candidate is 

Alpinestars Belize Drystar Waterproof Motorcycle Boots - buy cheap ▷ FC-Moto

I even had the luck that "dogfight" between two exists. Should be more padded on the inside and I took one size up this time.

Edited by versus

• 3 months later...

I purchased the RST Tractech Evo 3 Short Motorcycle Boot. It seems to be well protected and durable but it not too flexible and the soles are not completely flat. I don't know if it will get more flex as the shoes break in. Having second thoughts about keeping these boots. What do you guys think?

RST Tractech Evo 3 Short CE Motorcycle Boot 2341 (Black) 1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...