EUC Footwear?

19 hours ago, varamontelo said:

Racing boots have the largest contact surface on the pedals, they have no gap between the heel and the sole, they protect the ankle, they are waterproof, flexible, light and are not stuck between the pads. If you see a smooth part as it ages, you can sand it with sandpaper to maintain adhesion.

No, racing (asphalt circuit boots), what i have seen or own Alpinestars Supertech, Sidi etc and Gaerne GP1 (pic), all have quite narrow, bit lifted and inclined rear heel section and smooth slippery sole. Motorcycle is ridden ball of the foot on the track, so heel part is just for safety, sole is contact on very coarse short foot peg, so its durable quite hard plastic. Racing boots are not waterproof, liner just adds weight and prevents ventilation.  

My Gaernes are laterally very stiff and equipped with a hinge, but so are  these new Gianni Avantour 2 and they both weight the same

What I don't like racing boots is narrow heel and slippery sole  (for trail riding, some times you also have to walk slippery trail section), Inside the shoe bottom insert is hard and quite uncomfortable for a longer ride. My Gaernes have asymmetric and pointy contact points for pads.

Giannis are more comfortable flat and bigger from bottom, also the grip is better. Both boots are eu size 43

image.thumb.jpeg.6b2bb72c64b9a1e911f5ab3025e767f6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9d373265f1a2d375d465c908088302e2.jpeg

Edited by okvp
  • Upvote 1

I wear timberland Pro tactical zip boots. I use elastic laces and can zip into them in 2 seconds. I wear them snug. 
The heel has a stabilizer built in. 
the boot is slowly wearing out due to the boot rubbing the power pads from sitting. I’ve bought two additional pair. 

IMG_6979.jpeg

• Like 1

Here is a sole in total contact with the grip of the pedal. There is no empty space, the adhesion surface is complete. These are racing motorcycle boots, I used it on my Ducati. This does not apply to studded pedals.

semelle tcx.jpg

33 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

Here is a sole in total contact with the grip of the pedal. There is no empty space, the adhesion surface is complete. These are racing motorcycle boots, I used it on my Ducati. This does not apply to studded pedals.

semelle tcx.jpg

Those are not racing boots, those looks like a normal flimsy sport boots.

TCX racing line is very similar as others Alpinestars, SIDI etc. Inclined and raised narrow heel, plastic enforced sole. Very good protection and strong plastic hinge which makes possible to move the ankle right way, but also offers good lateral support. But they are also quite uncomfortable to stand on pedals.

https://www.tcxboots.com/us/en/road/racing-2/