Orange County, California

n2eus

Yes, Aliso Creek Bikeway is one of my favorites.

Some of my other daily routes:

Whiting Ranch
Oso Creek
Aliso and Wood Canyon
Shady Canyon
San Diego Creek
Tijeras Creek
Salt Creek
Newport Bay

I'll ride in much of the area, but I haven't done much riding that far south (relative to where I live). Keep an eye on the Local Group Meet Ups section for ride announcements or post our own.

3 hours ago, n2eus said:

Yes, Aliso Creek Bikeway is one of my favorites.

Some of my other daily routes:

Whiting Ranch
Oso Creek
Aliso and Wood Canyon
Shady Canyon
San Diego Creek
Tijeras Creek
Salt Creek
Newport Bay

The San Diego Creek Trail looks like it would be a nice ride.  It's suppose to be about 9 miles from end to end. 

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

@abinder3, Yes, San Diego Creek is a pleasant cruise.  I usually run various loops (shown in the blue lines below) for approximately 25 miles.

How far do you like to ride, typically?

San Diego Creek.jpg

1 hour ago, n2eus said:

@abinder3, Yes, San Diego Creek is a pleasant cruise.  I usually run various loops (shown in the blue lines below) for approximately 25 miles.

San Diego Creek.jpg

The most I've ridden in one day is about 44 miles; the bike path between Pacific Palisades and Torrance Beach and surrounding streets. 

12 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

The most I've ridden in one day is about 44 miles; the bike path between Pacific Palisades and Torrance Beach and surrounding streets. 

That looks like a fun path.  I only wish it was farther South.  I'm guessing you have a Monster if you ride 44 miles.

5 hours ago, n2eus said:

San Diego Creek.jpg

25 miles is a nice ride (I'm usually just warming up after ~10 miles). Your route looks like a good group ride maybe. What wheel(s) do you ride and how do you ride; trails, street, off-road, fast, slow ???

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

25 miles is a nice ride (I'm usually just warming up after ~10 miles). Your route looks like a good group ride maybe. What wheel(s) do you ride and how do you ride; trails, street, off-road, fast, slow ???

I agree it should work smooth for a group.

I'm riding an MSV3 820wh.  Also have IPS121.  Trying to get a MSV3S+ 1300wh.

I usually stay under 16 mph, with some off-roading and mostly paved bikeways.  I like scenic variety and try to include slow tight practice points in the route.

30 minutes ago, n2eus said:

I agree it should work smooth for a group.

I'm riding an MSV3 820wh.  Also have IPS121.  Trying to get a MSV3S+ 1300wh.

I usually stay under 16 mph, with some off-roading and mostly paved bikeways.  I like scenic variety and try to include slow tight practice points in the route.

We'll definitely have to do a group ride there. 

1 hour ago, swvision said:

marty did you get your msuper yet?

ive been thinking about doing a group thing in my area

No :( There's been a delay in the shipment from China. I'm now expecting to receive it the week of June 19th. My ACM still works though :D

11 hours ago, n2eus said:

I'm guessing you have a Monster if you ride 44 miles.

In warm weather, even a 1300 Wh ACM/msuper V3 should be able to give you 44 miles flat riding if you're not too fast. You might be below 20% battery and getting beeps/slow downs at the very end, but it can be done from 1300Wh on quite reliably.

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

In warm weather, even a 1300 Wh ACM/msuper V3 should be able to give you 44 miles flat riding if you're not too fast. You might be below 20% battery and getting beeps/slow downs at the very end, but it can be done from 1300Wh on quite reliably.

Agreed. I know that I can ride (fast) 45 miles solid on my 1300wh ACM, with maybe 15% battery remaining.

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

We'll definitely have to do a group ride there. 

That would be awesome for me, getting to ride with your group without having to drive to LA.:P

On 6/4/2017 at 6:32 PM, Sven said:

You will find me one of these routes on weekends. ;)

UNICYCLE ROUTES.png

You really get around. The only place I haven't ridden is the Pasadena area. Since I live near the 5 & 605 I do a lot of river trail riding, Santa Fe Dam is a fun area to ride.

I'm curious, what part of Pasadena in particular are you riding. Are there good trails there?

On 6/5/2017 at 11:55 PM, Marty Backe said:

You really get around. The only place I haven't ridden is the Pasadena area. Since I live near the 5 & 605 I do a lot of river trail riding, Santa Fe Dam is a fun area to ride.

I'm curious, what part of Pasadena in particular are you riding. Are there good trails there?

Pasadena downtown and city hall area :) Enjoying the view of happy shoppers and restaurants.

Archived