Best cursing speed EUC unit

MagicCow

Now, I know the over-all monster with the 18 in. wheel is the overall fastest EUC unit and right now I have a Ninebot one(Thanks again @Clovis), but.... NOW, I would like something a little bit faster. I am more experienced and comfortable having this as my daily rider. What I would like to know, is if there is an EUC units with a cruise speed of 20+ mph? Now, I love my Ninebot. but I hate the fact the tilt starts at 14mph, I am looking just a tad bit more power under my legs, now...

I like to curse at 10kph, but that's me.;)

I'm in the same boat actually. My 14' V5F+ is awesome, love it, but i just need a little more on those straightaways and bridges, the tiltback kicks in too early and always is disappointing. I love the nimbleness of the 14" tire, but the poor 460wh battery and 500(?) w motor struggle when i need some "oomph!"

I'm looking at a Gotway MSV3 - 18" tire, 1500w motor, 1600wh battery, trolley handle, 30 mph top speed, seems like a perfect fit for my commute and fun. I have stairs, so the MSV3 is the limit of weight I'd want to lift occasionally. The KS 18" might be a good fit for you too.

10 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

<snip>
 I have stairs, so the MSV3 is the limit of weight I'd want to lift occasionally. The KS 18" might be a good fit for you too.

If you buy a Monster you can 'walk' it up the stairs :D

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

If you buy a Monster you can 'walk' it up the stairs :D

I actually was thinking the MSV3 could be walked up stairs because the tire is exposed so high front and back (unlike my Inmotion), so you could set the wheel against a stair and use the motor to help lift itself up onto the next stair, does that work Marty? 

Just now, Hatchet said:

I actually was thinking the MSV3 could be walked up stairs because the tire is exposed so high front and back (unlike my Inmotion), so you could set the wheel against a stair and use the motor to help lift itself up onto the next stair, does that work Marty? 

To a degree, but there's a lot more lifting involved with the MSuper. On the other hand the Monster requires less lifting - the tire is dramatically bigger.

6 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

Interesting, i would have thought the Monster's 70lbs (2400wh) would trump the tire size advantage. 

Nope. Seeing (or experiencing) is believing. I'll get a bigger workout getting my MSuper up a flight of stairs than the Monster.

56 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

I like to curse at 10kph, but that's me.;)

I'm in the same boat actually. My 14' V5F+ is awesome, love it, but i just need a little more on those straightaways and bridges, the tiltback kicks in too early and always is disappointing. I love the nimbleness of the 14" tire, but the poor 460wh battery and 500(?) w motor struggle when i need some "oomph!"

I'm looking at a Gotway MSV3 - 18" tire, 1500w motor, 1600wh battery, trolley handle, 30 mph top speed, seems like a perfect fit for my commute and fun. I have stairs, so the MSV3 is the limit of weight I'd want to lift occasionally. The KS 18" might be a good fit for you too.

I have both the V5F+ and the MSuper V3S (the 1600 version). They are so different that I never have the slightest doubt which one I should take on any particular trip.

Interestingly enough, I find the MSuper to be very loud but the whine cannot be easily heard by older people but quite easily by younger people from a distance. I can almost always sneak up behind older people on sidewalks; I can't do the same with younger people.

The MSuper makes an excellent hearing test while the Inmotion V5F+ with its trolley handle makes an excellent distance measuring tool.

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nope. Seeing (or experiencing) is believing. I'll get a bigger workout getting my MSuper up a flight of stairs than the Monster.

The trolley is included in all this?  I know sometimes trolleys don't help much in going up stairs with some things, but on others a trolley makes it easy as pie.  

Trolley on the MSuper doesn't help?  at least without banging up the unit?

6 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

The trolley is included in all this?  I know sometimes trolleys don't help much in going up stairs with some things, but on others a trolley makes it easy as pie.  

Trolley on the MSuper doesn't help?  at least without banging up the unit?

No way. If you try and lift the MSuper in any way via the trolley, you'll have a broken handle. As others have pointed out ad nauseum, the MSuper trolley handle is not very strong. In my opinion it's plenty strong for guiding the wheel around as you are walking. But please don't put any real stress on it or you will regret it.

Most other wheels that have built-in trolley handles are much lighter than the MSuper, so you may be able to pull the wheel up stairs with the handle extended.

1 hour ago, Dingfelder said:

Okay, good to know, Marty, thanks.

Bummer. It's actually hard not to torque a trolley handle pretty hard sometimes even if you're being careful.

Trolleying a wheel around is not the same as luggage, if that's what you're thinking. I think you'd be hard pressed to over-torque one attached to a wheel.

I have a slower EUC for 1 year and I hate its speed. Even a jogger can out-run me. The ideal cruising speed should be 20-25 km/h, nothing less. I had protection gears with me now so bring it on. Faceplant will not stop me from riding.

I've been looking at the new KS18s - I'm impressed with the emphasis on QA and improved electronics. The safety features like avoiding wheel cut-out at top speed etc sound really nice coming from a wheel company. generally you don't read them make specific points about safety features and improved controllers etc. That crazy tall shell has even grown on me a bit.

The problem? It's the exact same price as a 1600wh Monster, so why not just go for the big boy?

49 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

I've been looking at the new KS18s - I'm impressed with the emphasis on QA and improved electronics. The safety features like avoiding wheel cut-out at top speed etc sound really nice coming from a wheel company. generally you don't read them make specific points about safety features and improved controllers etc. That crazy tall shell has even grown on me a bit.

The problem? It's the exact same price as a 1600wh Monster, so why not just go for the big boy?

Because an 18" wheel is a lot more nimble than the Monster. There's no one wheel that ticks all the checkboxes.

6 hours ago, Hatchet said:

To prove their corporate strategy a success, it may be necessary to pay a premium for quality just as it is for any other selling point like stronger motor, bigger battery, etc.  If you are impressed by quality but not willing to pay a premium for it, then maybe you are proving their corporate strategy a failure, and if enough people do that, maybe there truly is no reason -- as far as a company's financials go -- to prioritize quality.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 0:12 AM, Dingfelder said:

To prove their corporate strategy a success, it may be necessary to pay a premium for quality just as it is for any other selling point like stronger motor, bigger battery, etc.  If you are impressed by quality but not willing to pay a premium for it, then maybe you are proving their corporate strategy a failure, and if enough people do that, maybe there truly is no reason -- as far as a company's financials go -- to prioritize quality.

True enough. I do value quality and the assurance of buying from a proven manufacturer. I really don't care for the looks of either MSV3+ or the KS18s TBH. I'm spoiled by my "Ferrari-looking" - V5F+, so slim and sleek. The KS18s is also somewhat smooth and sleek, but so tall, it's weird looking to me, while the super is fat and boxy. The black-matte ACM is of course gorgeous:dribble: - but I want an 18" wheel.

If the reviews are very positive, I will seriously consider the KS instead, because the stats are basically the same, but if KS really are superior in support and safety - that would tip me toward them absolutely. I am a Sucker for a quality build and support, I will be loyal to a company for years if they treat me right. 

1 hour ago, Hatchet said:

<snip>

If the reviews are very positive, I will seriously consider the KS instead, because the stats are basically the same, but if KS really are superior in support and safety - that would tip me toward them absolutely. I am a Sucker for a quality build and support, I will be loyal to a company for years if they treat me right. 

I would love to read a true comparison between the new KS18 and the MSuper V3s+, from someone who has extensive ride time on both. The MSuper seems like a very desirable wheel based on forum postings, Facebook, etc. The KS18, not so much.

Are the stats really "basically the same"? The MSuper has a more powerful motor and runs at 84 volts. From my experience, 84 volts is not a gimmick. There's a noticeable amount of additional power in the 84 volt wheels.  

I recognize in myself a bias towards Gotway, yet I'm really open to changing my mind. I can say that I don't like the styling of the KS18, never did.

If someone wants to loan me a KS18S for about a month I could do a thorough comparative review and video :D

I'd say basically the same. 1680wh / 1500w / 18x2.5" wheel, 30-50kph (so they say) top end 46lbs Vs 50lbs - the voltage is lower on the KS which is disappointing. WI'd call that basically the same.

2 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

I'd say basically the same. 1680wh / 1500w / 18x2.5" wheel, 30-50kph (so they say) top end 46lbs Vs 50lbs - the voltage is lower on the KS which is disappointing. WI'd call that basically the same.

I somehow missed that the motor had been bumped up to 1500. Interesting. But the difference between 84v and 67v wheels is substantial enough to preclude the use of "basically the same". I recognize this is a matter of opinion.

Hopefully someone near me will get one and I can do a little test ride.

The 67v issue is a real concern, I agree with you there. I'd love to see the MSV3+ offered with an ACM shell, sized up or whatever for the larger wheel.

If you do get to test one Marty i would certainly love it if you make a video, you do a great job. 

Ummm... I'm greatly disappointed with the lack of cursing on this post, given the clickbait-y title <_<

On 5/30/2017 at 0:26 PM, Hatchet said:

Interesting, i would have thought the Monster's 70lbs (2400wh) would trump the tire size advantage. 

If you think about it, because the Monster is taller, it barely has to be lifted off the ground, as opposed to the shorter MSuperV3, where the center of gravity has to be lifted way higher than the center of gravity of the Monster (despite being lighter).

I've lifted both, and the Monster is not really much harder to lift than the MSuperV3.

4 hours ago, Hatchet said:

The black-matte ACM is of course gorgeous:dribble: - but I want an 18" wheel.

Maybe you can wait long enough for the rumored liquid-cooled Rockwheel 18 ;)

Archived