Best cursing speed EUC unit

MagicCow

14 hours ago, Hatchet said:

True enough. I do value quality and the assurance of buying from a proven manufacturer. I really don't care for the looks of either MSV3+ or the KS18s TBH. I'm spoiled by my "Ferrari-looking" - V5F+, so slim and sleek. The KS18s is also somewhat smooth and sleek, but so tall, it's weird looking to me, while the super is fat and boxy. The black-matte ACM is of course gorgeous:dribble: - but I want an 18" wheel.

If the reviews are very positive, I will seriously consider the KS instead, because the stats are basically the same, but if KS really are superior in support and safety - that would tip me toward them absolutely. I am a Sucker for a quality build and support, I will be loyal to a company for years if they treat me right. 

I was all set on the KS 18s, but was persuaded to go with the MSV3+.  But what I'm thinking is that if I am like so many others, I will probably buy more than one wheel at some point.  When that time comes around, Gotway will have had its one chance to persuade me, and I'll be looking into Kingsong next if my new MSuper disappoints.  I have heard a great many good things about both wheels.  Unless the new model is glitchy, I would be surprised if you didn't wind up enjoying either the new Kingsong 18"  or the new Gotway MSuper ... and from what I read, Gotway's quality has stepped up recently so it's not the gamble it once was.

I actually like the Kingsong's height.  It makes it easier to ride on seated, and keeps it slimmer, which some people like too.  For instance, I've read people saying the fatter ACM is less comfortable for them than the slimmer one with less battery in it.

This is easily one of my favorite riding videos:

Haha Great video! The only snag with the 18s is that pesky 67v thing they are sticking with. Now, as far as i know, this limits the wheel's speed (see ACM upgrade to 84v increasing speed past 25mph w/o brownouts).

So how do they claim an 18" wheel will go 50kph (after 1000km unlock) with a 67v, when Gotway had to increase to 84v to get those speeds? I am a little confused there.

2 hours ago, Hatchet said:

So how do they claim an 18" wheel will go 50kph (after 1000km unlock) with a 67v, when Gotway had to increase to 84v to get those speeds? I am a little confused there.

You can get (brushed) 5V motors that run at 30000 or 50000RPM, but will have next to no torque ;) There are BLDCs that are rated up to 10k RPMs at around 20V, which of course would be way too much for a wheel even if they otherwise could do it ( (for an 18" wheel, just as an example, with around 1.37m circumference, 10k RPM would mean about 822km/h or 510mph), don't know about PMSMs, probably the high rotational speed will also become a problem at some point if the MCU cannot run the algorithm fast enough. But basically you can get as much power & speed out from 67V as 84V, but it needs to use higher current for that, and that means better connectors and thicker gauge wires, otherwise you'll end up with the wires melting their sheating or connectors melting the solder ;). Upping the voltage will make it possible to use smaller connectors and wires, as you don't need as much current for the same power.

Interesting, thank you. So it would seem the KS18s must have the thicker wires etc since it goes that fast.  The 18a looks pretty fast in videos, though I have seen no KS18 hillclimbing, I'd assume the 1500w motor should power you up hills fine.

Archived