Gotway Moonwalk

Brianliu

Fascinating product

much different structure than most in the same category

interesting how many people ride long boards with different feet position and orientation, some of which might be limited by the battery pack being on top of the board

but, I am interested and appreciate the information here

Nice new product!  That power switch position might be rethought out as I wonder if the rear foot accidentally kicks the rocker switch off it might kill power/braking to the unit?  Also ergonomically with the boxes it could pose a tripping hazard if a rider needs to dismount quickly.  On the flip side they are nice to maybe brace against I guess?  I wonder if dropping that middle box down within the body of the board halfway might reduce to the topside bulk and then perhaps a top grip layer could be designed over top?  Check out this Boosted Board minimalist design for example.  The board arches up a little to help compensate for rider weight, but there's very little bulk to the components.

b8e93a4ea04b1999f2c6ac20410ac699_origina

Here's a modded one for longer range and with underboard lighting:

IMG_3911.JPG

Will the Gotway Moonwalk stop by itself going down a hill if a rider falls off?  I guess if the weight sensors are smart enough to detect no load it should stop the motors?

Yeah... putting the centre box underneath would make sense.

And those specs are interesting - though I notice they don't mention range. Which at 35km/h with 120kg load wouldn't be much. Would it? 

I suppose not having to keep the unit balanced (like an EUC) would reduce the power consumption though. 

The boosted board only has 7 miles of range, but that sort of makes sense looking at the lack of batteries.  I think Gotway wants clearance going over slight hills or bumps so maybe incorporating a central hold and putting the battery box kind of in the middle of the board platform might be a compromise?  It might weaken the structure unless the box itself was made to be a load bearing structural component.

I don't know if having it mounted completely underneath would be a go as it could hit all sorts of things that you go over.  Unless it's a thin layer of batteries then maybe it would be fine?  It just seems a little weird to me to have those boxes on top with your feet standing in the middle, but it might be fine as is.  With the one wheeled skateboards there's a huge honking hump or open wheel in the centre, but they don't have the little boxes on the ends.

I guess I always have a little bit of a critical eye to see where possible improvements might be and where potential problems could occur.  :innocent1:

It looks like the sensors are mounted so it can only be ridden facing left.  Also the shape of the battery box kind of makes you face left.  That and the motor covers kind of force your feet in one location.

The 5 inch tires look like they can handle small rocks better than the boosted board.  

13 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The boosted board only has 7 miles of range, but that sort of makes sense looking at the lack of batteries.  I think Gotway wants clearance going over slight hills or bumps so maybe incorporating a central hold and putting the battery box kind of in the middle of the board platform might be a compromise?  It might weaken the structure unless the box itself was made to be a load bearing structural component.

I don't know if having it mounted completely underneath would be a go as it could hit all sorts of things that you go over.  Unless it's a thin layer of batteries then maybe it would be fine?  It just seems a little weird to me to have those boxes on top with your feet standing in the middle, but it might be fine as is.  With the one wheeled skateboards there's a huge honking hump or open wheel in the centre, but they don't have the little boxes on the ends.

I guess I always have a little bit of a critical eye to see where possible improvements might be and where potential problems could occur.  :innocent1:

there are so many on the market

i've see no one else putting the "guts" ON TOP of the board (for a COG reason, of course).... 

is it "GENIUS" or "LAZINESS?"

i'm trying to ponder that 

pensive.gif

Archived