Amazon: Segway S1 for $299, Mistake? Getting Out of Single-Wheel Business?

Jason McNeil

17 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hi!

Don't do this, unless you actually want no more motorcycle. A EUC is definitely not a motorcycle replacement. It's very comparable in use cases to a bicycle. It has neither the speed or range or stability and therefore the use cases of a motorcycle.

Just saying, to be sure you don't have any regrets. If you just want to replace one hobby (motorcycle) with a different one (EUC), then of course that doesn't apply.

I could technically keep my motorcycle.  But to be honest, I'm kinda over it.  I've been riding for about 12 years now.  Its fun, but the maintenance and upkeep are wearing on me.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Tygerwoody said:

I could technically keep my motorcycle.  But to be honest, I'm kinda over it.  I've been riding for about 12 years now.  Its fun, but the maintenance and upkeep are wearing on me.

I'm in the same situation; one big reason I favor EUCs is because you walk out the door and you can hit "curvy" roads but on a motorcycle you're taking a boring ride to find them. Forget it; I'd rather go two blocks to the local park and have terrifying white-knuckle riding at 8 mph through a curved handicap ramp.

On 1/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, novazeus said:

that will do, pig. hoping the foam over the edge of the pedals will last long enough to protect a rider from an ankle bite.

E0F2FED7-1E68-411F-BB96-C8FCF06B853C.jpeg

A1168C7E-904E-4926-8561-492A6BEBEE12.jpeg

i’ve been using/learning on/dropping this s1 and the solar shorts work great over the optional foam pads, which are great. the only thing i’d do different than this photo, is another strip of the stick on foam on the pedals.

Archived