Amazon: Segway S1 for $299, Mistake? Getting Out of Single-Wheel Business?

Jason McNeil

10 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Incredible, the S1 is listed for just $299!  The S1 is the best thing to ever happen, nearly everyone who owns one, wants to upgrade, go faster ;) 

The primary materials periodic elements that go into the Wheel probably cost more than this! 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1SFFNE 

It has 25% 1 star ratings - defective wheels, batteries not chargable again, ...

someone got a punch of defective wheels - s1‘s that did not pass the tests? Returned wheels?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wow :blink: at least people have a fairly good starter wheel for Christmas.  Hopefully those battery issues and wild take-off issues some people have been encountering are not too common.

Isnt this your wheel before your Tesla? I'm wondering if I should get this as a kick around wheel for when people come over.

10 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Incredible, the S1 is listed for just $299!  The S1 is the best thing to happen, nearly everyone who owns one wants to upgrade, go faster ;) 

The primary materials periodic elements that go into the Wheel probably cost more than this! 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1SFFNE 

In Germany, there were several sales last month for the s2 (320wh) for 299 euros on Amazon and a large electronics retailer. It made a perfect 4th wheel for kids. Urban360 rates it as the most reliable one after INMOTION v8/v5.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Amazon has easy free shipping return policies so you're covered if you get a dud. Remember to go through Ebates.com or .ca (in Canada) for cashback.  I got like $78 when I bought my Tesla from AliExpress by going through the Ebates click-through link.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

OMG I woke up this morning to buy it, and it's sold out!

Nooooooo!!!!!

I just got up to do the same. :( 

Per my previous post a majority of gripes and returns were due to the battery and charger.

Most of the reviewers said the unit wouldn't charge or the battery would be dead just after a short while.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, aalenkin said:

Nooooooo!!!!!

Per my previous post a majority of gripes and returns were due to the battery and charger.

Most of the reviewers said the unit wouldn't charge or the battery would be dead just after a short while.

LOL I can't believe you hesitated to buy this wheel!  :blink1:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

LOL I can't believe you hesitated to buy this wheel!  :blink1:

Sadly, like most of my decisions I tend to do research and read public opinion.  I was also debating about $350 with tax etc is not too far off from an IPS I5 or similar wheel I was looking at. I know, I was pretty bummed out this morning, but everything happens for a reason.  Black Friday is not too far off so who knows there may be more sales, maybe on even better EUC's coming up!

The ratings on Amazon weren't too impressive, mostly taking about defects and batteries etc....I wonder what batch they were selling?

• Upvote 2

Just now, aalenkin said:

Sadly, like most of my decisions I tend to do research and read public opinion.  I was also debating about $350 with tax etc is not too far off from an IPS I5 or similar wheel I was looking at. I know, I was pretty bummed out this morning, but everything happens for a reason.  Black Friday is not too far off so who knows there may be more sales, maybe on even better EUC's coming up!

The ratings on Amazon weren't too impressive, mostly taking about defects and batteries etc....I wonder what batch they were selling?

Yeah, it's tough when you're new and you're flooded with information.  As long as you're patient, you'll find another good deal.  You're not the only one that missed out!  I should have paid more attention when Jason posted the ad myself. 

• Like 1

Just now, mezzanine said:

Yeah, it's tough when you're new and you're flooded with information.  As long as you're patient, you'll find another good deal.  You're not the only one that missed out!  I should have paid more attention when Jason posted the ad myself. 

Fingers crossed for both of us!!  If I see anything, ill update this post!

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ninebots and the S2 are boring, but safe (and cheap), and seem to be pretty reliable. At least I haven't heard anything else. So either the Ninebot people don't post here, or it's not that bad.

@Jonathan Tolhurst you bored of the Ninebot yet?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 8:24 AM, aalenkin said:

Nooooooo!!!!!

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8899ba-amazon-segway-s1-for-299-mistake-getting-out-of-single-wheel-business/?do=findComment&comment=133355

back on sale