Mten3 & Tesla Fan Choices???

When I disassembled my Mten3 today I noticed that the two fans were different. I'm wondering if this is by design or typical Chinese assembly processes (reach in a random box of fans and grab a couple).

They both have the same part numbers and specs, but one has 7 fins and the other has 9 fins.

Any 'fan' people out there. Could this be by design (to create some kind of asymmetrical air flow) or does the number of fins not matter?

Do we know what the Tesla fan configuration is?

Thoughts?

Blown Mten3 (5).Movie_Snapshot.jpg

Maybe to keep the fan noise down?  If they both had the same number of blades, it would be the same frequency sound doubled in volume.  With two different frequency sounds, the volume would be lower.  Like if two radios side by side were on different stations at volume level 3, it would seem quieter than two radios both on the same station at volume level 3.  

Just guessing here, I don't have two identical radios to try that experiment with.

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love, I don't think you want to disassemble your wheel unless you really have to. But I'll keep an eye out for any current or future pictures of the dual fan modules on the Gotway wheels to see if there is any consistency.

I was actually going to do it anyways.  :lol:  I like danger.  :ph34r:  Besides, I was curious to see whether there were any other weak points or potential problems, but yeah I know - I am lucky to have a working wheel and courting with danger is probably not the smartest move.  I just figure if it's going to fail it's probably going to anyways whether I take a look or not.  Snow's still not melting away enough to ride any ways so may as well do something with it?  We'll see...

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

Maybe to keep the fan noise down?  If they both had the same number of blades, it would be the same frequency sound doubled in volume.  With two different frequency sounds, the volume would be lower. 

That's way to smart for Gotway... or is it? Hmmm... very clever.

Archived