London UK meetup

Vence

On 19/10/2017 at 11:37 AM, Keith said:

Are you (they) sure about doing that - the weather is going to be pretty awful this Saturday - very high winds and rain.

It looks like the latest US exports to the UK are their Hurricanes - thankfully watered down a bit by the time they reach us ?

I guess that’s what we get for trying to leave Europe!

Heya Keith, random question: did you say once that you did the London Friday/Sunday night skate thing that they put on?

Was it good? Figured I'd try it once but don't they all go a bit slow for an euc?

On 18/10/2017 at 8:02 PM, nute said:

There are a host of opportunities for you to choose Vence, this coming weekend there is -

Saturday evening night ride starting at Starbucks on Tottenham Ct Rd at 6.30pm, mainly electric seaboard riders but EUC's welcome too 

Sunday 12.00 midday in hyde park, London EUC group

...and next week, 

Friday 27th night ride, southbank/waterloo bridge (i think) 

I did see the details of these on the various Facebook groups but I'm hopeless with FB and now can't find the details but pretty sure those are correct...

Hi @nute, where did you see details of the Friday 27th night ride?  I tried to subscribe to a bunch of facebook groups, but most dont have events except every once and a while.  Which facebook groups should I subscribe to?

Hi Vence

This is the london EUC Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1095959803798046/?multi_permalinks=1609802552413766&notif_id=1508950492563900&notif_t=group_activity

The friday thing is actually people tagging on to a critical mass event - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2304619551/

Im going as is @Luiz and possibly a group of electric skateboarders, (don't really give a stuff about the bikes) ...

This group try to meet in Hyde Park every two weeks on a sunday - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1095959803798046/

This is a group of electric skateboarders who welcome EUC's, fun bunch of guys - https://www.facebook.com/groups/eSk8UK/

Hope the links work :D

5 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Heya Keith, random question: did you say once that you did the London Friday/Sunday night skate thing that they put on?

Was it good? Figured I'd try it once but don't they all go a bit slow for an euc?

Paddy, 

Not Friday night or Sunday night, it was actually the Sunday roller blade stroll, which begins every Sunday at hyde park corner at 2 p.m. This was back in March 2016 and was organised by @yvesCr who doesn’t seem to be active any more. Yves and I wer3 the only EUC’s that turned up.

The surprise was that it was not a ride in the Park at all but 8 miles of roads out to  Parsons Green and then along the river. Yves and I both wrote it up at the time (in your London Thread!) below. It did get slow at times mostly due to waiting for traffic and bunching up. However it did get up to a good speed at times. They do an evening rollerblade (Thursday?) meet for experienced skaters I believe that is a lot faster:

This forum is really amazing . Friendly people wiling to help new riders to enjoy this exiting hobbie . Congratulations to all of you all guys . 

Hi Vence . In London there are lots of oportunities to join a group . There is the london electric unicycle group and the esk8uk group . You could join this guys on facebook . They organize rides weekly and both groups have an awesome crew . This friday there will be the critical mass event witch should be specially fun due to the hallowen .  I reckon there is a group of rollerbladers that gather for a ride every sunday starting from hide park . I have never rode with them but they seem to be a friendly and welcoming group.

It is wonderful to see that there are very exiting oportunities for people who are into personal electric transportation to enjoy and have lots of fun and the authoritirs dont seem bother much with our presence as long as we are not puting anyone in harms way .

It is a very exiting time to live indeed and an a great oportunity to be a pioneer in the electric revolution  ( i have heard rumors of a goverment electric bicycle help to by skeme  aiming to take people out of cars and into cycling ) . It would be awesome if this rumors are confirmed . And there have been reports of plans to improve cycling infrastructure in London to improve safety for cyclists  

I would like to remind  all of us to try to be very cautious while riding and respectfull with pedestrians in order to prevent any accidents that could potentially ruin the fun for everyome.

• 2 months later...

Bump.. How's winter treating everyone?

I'm up to 3 EUCs now.. the £200 ninebot one e+ i got on ebay..

A iPS i5 i got for short commutes.. and...

a 1020w 87V Gotway Tesla :-) :-)

Using the tesla for most trips now, at first i thought it was to heavy and fast for my short (1.1 mile commute) but now im pretty much at one with it and don't even notice it..

11 minutes ago, Simon Feenan Vans-Colina said:

Bump.. How's winter treating everyone?

I'm up to 3 EUCs now.. the £200 ninebot one e+ i got on ebay..

A iPS i5 i got for short commutes.. and...

a 1020w 87V Gotway Tesla :-) :-)

Using the tesla for most trips now, at first i thought it was to heavy and fast for my short (1.1 mile commute) but now im pretty much at one with it and don't even notice it..

Treating some terribly. Everyone I know is sick, myself included. Neighbor/ friend even has pluracy! Another friend has been sick for three months.  And of course this wind is pretty tricky to wheel in. Still at least we don't have that arctic free on the US east side. Glad you're ur loving your Tesla.

Archived