Kingsong 14c battery dead

Sekra

Hi! New to the forum, here to seek some help. Left my 14c uni on the shelf for a very long time. When I were to put it back into use the unicycle wouldn't turn on. Put it on the charger for quite some time and nothing happened. The LED on the charger didn't even turn red. 

I suspected battery failure, so I opened up the battery compartment and noticed a burnt whole in one of the batteries. Something on one of the batteries' control board had been messed up so that it overheated. Ok, shit happens so now I'd like to move on. Bought my unicycle used, so there is nowhere really I can turn to for warranty matters. Basically trying to find some aftermarket batteries for it. Has any of you guys tried this out? What batteries would work? I don't need the huge WH amount that they can have, this is supposed to be a spare machine that my girlfriend will use from time to time. 

Thankful for any advice!

Sebastian

image.jpg

54 minutes ago, Sekra said:

Thank you. I have seen that website on the forum, but unfortunately I'm located in Sweden, which makes it really hard for me to deal with American distributors. 

You shold get them from @1RadWerkstatt located in germany (kingsong diatributor and battery pack manufacturer). In france is also a big kingsong distributor and there are akso quite some still a bit closer to sweden (from whom i don't know the name...;( ) 

Hey there. 

I mounted mine on a treadmill and the ran the mill over the tire for an hour at 7mph. This got the wheel to a state that allowed my bms to turn on and allow charging. 

My batteries are still toast but you're test might generate a different reaction. 

2 hours ago, Sekra said:

Thank you. I have seen that website on the forum, but unfortunately I'm located in Sweden, which makes it really hard for me to deal with American distributors. 

You should send that pack to 1radwerkstatt! Perhaps it just needs a new BMS...and 1/2 cells...very recommended repairshop!

Archived