Who will be the brave tesla pioneers

Luiz

I have been riding eucs for some time and luckly i have not had any big accidents (touch wood) .

As much as i apreciate gotway design ( i do have 3 gotway eucs ) and bold aproach to technology development i have learned that it is not wise to buy a new model of unicycle just after its release as they tend to have lots of problems in their first versions.

In the light of the gotway QC and reliability problems and considering the power and speed of the new tesla i wonder who will bravely volunteer and pay a premiun price to be gotway guinea pigs .:P

I would like to say that i am grateful in the name of all euc comunity for your selfless contribution to the euc development and i wish you the best luck . I reckon you will need it.:thumbup:

Please use addequate ptotective gear.

2 hours ago, Luiz said:

I have been riding eucs for some time and luckly i have not had any big accidents (touch wood) .

As much as i apreciate gotway design ( i do have 3 gotway eucs ) and bold aproach to technology development i have learned that it is not wise to buy a new model of unicycle just after its release as they tend to have lots of problems in their first versions.

In the light of the gotway QC and reliability problems and considering the power and speed of the new tesla i wonder who will bravely volunteer and pay a premium price to be gotway guinea pigs .:P

I would like to say that i am grateful in the name of all euc comunity for your selfless contribution to the euc development and i wish you the best luck . I reckon you will need it.:thumbup:

Please use addequate ptotective gear.

If I'm still alive after a 50 kph sprint on my upcoming Tesla in November, you can thank me later. :w00t2::clap3:

Unfortunately the Tesla does not offer anything compelling to me over my existing Gotway wheels. I probably won't be riding one. 

I think the acm and msuper design was spot on but i was not impressed with the  egg shaped tesla design .

I may change my mind in the future about the design but a 50 km/h gotway wheel will have to prove it self to be extremely reliable before i even think to get one . I just hope this unicycle dont kill anyone.

I love gotway products but i believe they are damaging the euc reputation with their reckless aproach to QC and  appaling ctostoner care.

Pleople have already started moving to kingsong and inmotion due to gotway's very poor reliability record.

It is unaceptable that half baked products are released in the market and It is up to us gotway fans to remind them  that costomers are not test dummies. 

I consider myself to be  a die hard gotway fan and this is my humble opinion.

8 minutes ago, Luiz said:

I think the acm and msuper design was spot on but i was not impressed with the  egg shaped tesla design .

I may change my mind in the future about the design but a 50 km/h gotway wheel will have to prove it self to be extremely reliable before i even think to get one . I just hope this unicycle dont kill anyone.

I love gotway products but i believe they are damaging the euc reputation with their reckless aproach to QC and  appaling ctostoner care.

Pleople have already started moving to kingsong and inmotion due to gotway's very poor reliability record.

It is unaceptable that half baked products are released in the market and It is up to us gotway fans to remind them  that costoners are not test dummies. 

I consider myself to be  a die hard gotway fan and this is my humble opinion.

KingSong makes great wheels, but the swirl of energy continues to come from Gotway. KingSong wheels are safe but staid.

Those who want adventure will hop on the Gotway wagon and I see no signs of that abating.

3 minutes ago, Luiz said:

I love gotway products but i believe they are damaging the euc reputation with their reckless aproach to QC and costoner care.

It is unaceptable that half baked products are released in the market and It is up to us gotway fans to remind them  that costoners are not test dummies. 

For me, I like the egg shaped Tesla more than the square shaped ACM & MSuper coz I've grown to like my taller-than-normal Inmotion V8 coz I use my knees quite a bit to both steer the wheel and keep it stable without wobble. If I were taller, I would like the even taller KS-18S, but the top of it has already gone above my knee cap.

If one can wait, its best not to take up brand new wheels, especially high-performance ones. I've heard lots of negative comments about Gotway products, and will not be surprised if users decide to go for KS or Inmotion. Likewise, I feel KS & Inmotion has good QC & safety records. KS even sought views from customers about sought-after qualities in their products. I've seen KS communicating their desire to support post-sales products. Gotway seems to have none of the above. Sure, its been said they have rectified recent issues, but I'm not so sure. Even up till the latest MTen3, QC remains in question. Gotway is no doubt the performance-king in EUC, but for their brand-name sake, and for us riders, we hope Gotway got the message to improve in every area (other than performance). Tesla is an opportunity form Gotway to gain back riders confidence, and I'm willing to believe Gotway is on the path to safety and quality. I'm putting my faith in Gotway & the Tesla this time around. 

Let's see if I've taken the right bet. Pray for me ..... :P ..... I'll need it! :facepalm::lol:

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

KingSong makes great wheels, but the swirl of energy continues to come from Gotway. KingSong wheels are safe but staid.

"Swirl of energy"? Lately, it not so much the positive energy of great new products/services, but negative energy of faulty products driving users to KS.

"Staid"? I wouldn't call a 50 kph capable KS-18S staid. There's a heap of performance there for any rider!

4 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

"Swirl of energy"? Lately, it not so much the positive energy of great new products/services, but negative energy of faulty products driving users to KS.

"Staid"? I wouldn't call a 50 kph capable KS-18S staid. There's a heap of performance there for any rider!

I'm referring the KingSong product line. The KS-18S is an outlier and it's still saddled with safety constraints. I'll take the freedom of Gotway.

I bought a KS14S and it turns out that it's only a "Sport" wheel for the first 25% of its battery life. Yes, apparently (hopefully) it'll be fixed before 2018. I really like the wheel, but it's no Gotway killer that's for sure.

I accept the inherent risk risk of eucs . But when we reach speeds of 50 km/h we start to play with the devil a russian rullet . People will get seriously hurt  and it is end game for eucs. Add to this mix a company that do not test the products enough before market release and you have a potentially explosive result.

Fyi, Brad Webster of Gotway America said he had expected shipment of Tesla much earlier, but this time around, Gotway delayed that, choosing to be more careful with product release. Also, from Tishawn Fahie's photoed interior wiring of the Tesla, its evident Gotway has improved on it. So I'm pretty sure Gotway got the message after all these hoo-ha the past few months, and is both more careful about their products, as well as improving on the quality and safety. For what its worth, I'm actually very please with how the Tesla turned out coz its just like my V8, except its what I called a V8+++ (IMHO, Inmotion dropped the ball this time around coz they had the momentum of a splended product in the V8 but they failed to capitalize on it to build even better ones). In short, the Tesla, while nothing revolutionary like the Z10, is a commendable amalgamation of various valuable qualities from good wheels like the V8, MCM4 etc.

Of course, only time will tell if Gotway's effort is enough or not. Let's wait and see how things turn out ..... 

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm referring the KingSong product line. The KS-18S is an outlier and it's still saddled with safety constraints. I'll take the freedom of Gotway.

I bought a KS14S and it turns out that it's only a "Sport" wheel for the first 25% of its battery life. Yes, apparently (hopefully) it'll be fixed before 2018. I really like the wheel, but it's no Gotway killer that's for sure.

Agreed! KS-18S is the only exception albeit full of safety considerations and margin. The rest of the KS & Inmotion wheels are pretty tame products, outright performance wise.

8 minutes ago, Luiz said:

I accept the inherent risk risk of eucs . But when we reach speeds of 50 km/h we start to play with the devil a russian rullet . People will get seriously hurt  and it is end game for eucs. Add to this mix a company that do not test the products enough before market release and you have a potentially explosive result.

That's why I said you are a wise man! :P:lol:

I reckon we should be verry aware of the risks of riding an euc at more than 30km/h whatever unicycle brand you chose . The least we can do , if we chose to do so , is to make sure the euc is reliable as much as we can.

I hope you are right and gotway is trying to improve QC . I also hope this result in more reliable gotway eucs.

21 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

ts just like my V8, except its what I called a V8+++

I thought it was about 38lbs so ++++ . I saw a preview of some woman riding it slowly and it looked like a solid usual Gotway with the weight and feel of a bowling ball. It does have the size and height of the v8, a little bit wider, but not by much. The mten is such an anomaly for them, even though its an upgraded wheel from their past. It blends this bowlingball solidness within a 20lb package. I understand what you are saying about the V8 not upgrading fast enough for you, but make no illusions, this Gotway tesla should be a completely different type of ride due to the Gotway torque and weight. 

In a car comparison it is like a Subaru wrx sti. Like these cars, the drivers can get in very quickly over their heads in anyplace other than a track. It would be nice if my v8 would occasionally go 22 mph. 

4 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I thought it was about 38lbs so ++++ . I saw a preview of some woman riding it slowly and it looked like a solid usual Gotway with the weight and feel of a bowling ball. It does have the size and height of the v8, a little bit wider, but not by much. The mten is such an anomaly for them, even though its an upgraded wheel from their past. It blends this bowlingball solidness within a 20lb package. I understand what you are saying about the V8 not upgrading fast enough for you, but make no illusions, this Gotway tesla should be a completely different type of ride due to the Gotway torque and weight. 

V8 is 30 lbs while Tesla is 43 lbs. V8's footrest is still quite a bit higher than Tesla's. V8's high C.G is nothing like the ACM/MCM4's weighted-down bowling ball feel. V8 is 60 mm slimmer than Tesla. V8, I believe, is still a whole lot more responsive than any Gotway wheels; likely Tesla included. So you're right! The Tesla should be a completely different type of ride when you get down to actually riding one. :) Will be interesting though ..... :cheers:

I welcome gotway efforts but i will wait for at least six months after the tesla release before considering geting one .

I am defnetly not " willing to believe that gotway is on the path to the safaty and quality ".  

I will only believe in confirmed practical results.

Therefor i am looking forward to folow your adventures on the tesla.

I trust you will keep us updated on the good the bad and the ugly in this first six months.

I would like to express my sicere gratitude to you and all the early tesla addopters in advance for your unbiased reports .:clap3:

6 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Also, from Tishawn Fahie's photoed interior wiring of the Tesla, its evident Gotway has improved on it.

It's the same exact wiring like on the latest ACM/msuper V3/Monster:) They individually heat-sleeved the three motor wires, and that's it.

Archived