Hi guys, I've been following this forum for about 3 months, and decided it was about time I signed up and introduced myself.

My name is Liam, 26, from Rugby, England.

My post is really is to thank you all for the information that you've provided here, in various threads, as without it, I wouldn't have taken the plunge and bought my brand new Gotway Msuper V3!

Going to share my experience so far...

My EUC lifestyle started awfully, with an injury! I was so excited to have picked it up, I couldn't wait to have a go. Went out to play squash the next morning with the intention of taking it down the local park for a practice afterwards and ripped a muscle in my back playing bloody squash!

3 weeks my Gotway was here unused, but it just made my recovery quicker.

Up and about and 15 minutes in I was rolling around the park at baby speeds.

Covered in protection, I decided to go visit my Granddad at the cemetery and show him my new gadget. After an hour of riding around large and small pathways, over unmade gravel roads and through narrow gates and fences, I had it.

I hear all kinds of stories about beginners and their adventures and I feel pretty lucky to be riding confidently around everywhere now. Only 5 hours ride time, but feel as though I've had my EUC years! 

Learning on a 18" Msuper was relatively easy. I felt stable and secure in no time at all, but also, I have never tried anything else. No injuries as of yet, apart from the pads rubbing my legs, but fully expecting to come off at some point. I have found the best way to look after yourself and your wheel, is to always remember the price! You don't want your expensive gadget smashing its way down the road like a drunken monkey!

Happy riding!

Liam

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Which one do you have, 67.2V (680, 820 Wh) or 84V (1300, 1600 Wh)?

Looks like you learnt fast, cool!

Hey, I have the 820 Wh.

I've just downloaded the app that Marty has previously suggested.

Would you recommend changing any settings at all? I'm not quite sure what the top speed would be or if I should even try for it, as the tilt back comes into play well before that. 

I think I need to get a feel for what is the safest option. 

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bambino said:

@Liam Neil welcome to the forum.

If you want you can share with us photos and videos, its nice.

I have KS 18s, but i like Msuper V3 very much...

I am from Portugal.

Good ridding.

Thank you,

Kingsong was my other choice but managed to get a good deal with Msuper. 

I think this little gadget is probably the best thing I've ever bought apart from my house! I love it! Might have to go to the doctors to see if they can prescribe me something to stop my addiction!

welcome! awesome that you picked it up so quickly. i, too, learned on an msuper 820 - rock on!

7 minutes ago, Liam Neil said:

Might have to go to the doctors to see if they can prescribe me something to stop my addiction!

noooo

@kour

Awesome, just out of interest, what is your current ride?

Also, maybe you could advise me a little here; what weather conditions can you use the Msuper in? I've not seen anything weather related apart from snow and we rarely get that! 

Thanks, Liam

24 minutes ago, Liam Neil said:

Would you recommend changing any settings at all? I'm not quite sure what the top speed would be or if I should even try for it, as the tilt back comes into play well before that.

The ABSOLUT Maximum Speed of a V3 820wh should be at 45-47kmh max! Be Aware that if you go faster the wheel will cut out!

The 80% Alarm Sound will kick in at about 36-38kmh...i would advise not to go faster!

Welcome :-)

right now my ride is still the same msuper. so far, i've only ridden when there has been no precipitation. it might be ok in a misty drizzle, but i'm not sure... i'd rather avoid moisture whenever possible. people seem to be able to go through puddles without problems, but again, i avoid them! i've ridden it in relatively hot weather for extended periods and haven't had any issues - i'm guessing that shouldn't be so much of an issue for you up there in the north!

1 hour ago, Liam Neil said:

Hey, I have the 820 Wh.

I've just downloaded the app that Marty has previously suggested.

I think I need to get a feel for what is the safest option. 

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

No need to change anything, unless something bothers you. Just make sure the tiltback is above the alarms, otherwise it might surprise you without warning. E.g. 1st alarm at 30 km/h of off, second at 35, tiltback at 37.

Other than that, you can play around with the ride modes and see which one you like best. But the default medium mode is pretty good.

Also, use the official Gotway app only to change wheel settings. For day-to-day riding, third party apps are much better, and you can't accidentally change a setting (like disabling an alarm) in the confusing Gotway app. Wheellog for Android, Darknessbot or GyroMetrics for iOS.

3 hours ago, Liam Neil said:

@kour

Awesome, just out of interest, what is your current ride?

Also, maybe you could advise me a little here; what weather conditions can you use the Msuper in? I've not seen anything weather related apart from snow and we rarely get that! 

Thanks, Liam

I've had the (dis)pleasure of riding my MSuper3 through a thunderstorm.  We get some brutal ones down here in the afternoon this time of year.  

Ride was about 2.5 miles, torrential downpour the whole way with wind gusts strong enough to almost throw me off balance.  Had to cross a drawbridge as well.

I was impressed with the handling in such harsh conditions.  No apparent water damage/infiltration either.  I wouldn't want to repeat the experience but it's nice to know that if I get caught out the wheel can handle a little rain.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

No need to change anything, unless something bothers you. Just make sure the tiltback is above the alarms, otherwise it might surprise you without warning. E.g. 1st alarm at 30 km/h of off, second at 35, tiltback at 37.

Other than that, you can play around with the ride modes and see which one you like best. But the default medium mode is pretty good.

Also, use the official Gotway app only to change wheel settings. For day-to-day riding, third party apps are much better, and you can't accidentally change a setting (like disabling an alarm) in the confusing Gotway app. Wheellog for Android, Darknessbot or GyroMetrics for iOS.

Thank you for the advice! Any information is greatly appreciated. 

Any idea what the difference is between modes? I switched it to sport but havn't spent enough time riding to notice the difference really. I think for now I'll stick with sport as it seemed okay just now.

Thanks again.

5 hours ago, Liam Neil said:

I've not seen anything weather related apart from snow and we rarely get that! 

What in Rugby, I thought that was almost at the arctic circle. 

Welcome to the forum by the way.

33 minutes ago, Liam Neil said:

Any idea what the difference is between modes? I switched it to sport but havn't spent enough time riding to notice the difference really. I think for now I'll stick with sport as it seemed okay just now.

The modes control how the peddles feel, or might be considered as how responsive the wheel is. In its softest mode the peddles feel sort of spongy and the peddles will tilt forward more as you lean forward. In the hardest mode the peddles will feel rigid and the wheel will accelerate with very little forward lean. In practice, I believe the Msuper is not particularly hard compared with other wheel manufacturers. You may find that a softer mode (but probably not the softest mode)  is helpful off-road and for long journeys, the hardest mode best on roads. Experienced users will chip in with what they find best, which I would suspect is likely to be the hardest (madden mode?)

It's how directly and quickly the wheel reacts to tilting. A harder mode makes it more stiffer and... well, harder. Softer mode makes it feel more cushioned and feathered (in lack of better terms).

If you stand on it, hold on to something with one hand. and go back and forth on the spot, you'll feel a big difference between the modes (you can only change them when standing still, wheel will beep to confirm). Soft is almost too soft and wobbly, medium feels nice and cushioned, hardest is harder and more unforgiving (also needs a little more battery and stresses the electronics a little more because the wheel allows for less tolerances, but this is nothing that's ever a problem). If you don't feel a difference, there's a bug in the iOS app where the ride mode won't be remembered sometimes.

HAHA. my msuper 84v likes to bite me as well. I was being stupid and trying to ride it sitting down to see if i wanted to order the cusion seat, well I was not used to that and I fell down going very slow on top of the wheel i think and it revved up and the tire burnt a big hunk of skin off my thigh. A few of my friends have been bit buy it as well. If it falls over it will spaz out and do flips so stand clear of the spinning wheel.   I dont know why it doesn't shut off sooner when tipped over but just beware.

1 minute ago, thead said:

HAHA. my msuper 84v likes to bite me as well. I was being stupid and trying to ride it sitting down to see if i wanted to order the cusion seat, well I was not used to that and I fell down going very slow on top of the wheel i think and it revved up and the tire burnt a big hunk of skin off my thigh. A few of my friends have been bit buy it as well. If it falls over it will spaz out and do flips so stand clear of the spinning wheel.   I dont know why it doesn't shut off sooner when tipped over but just beware.

So it seems like a common problem with the Msuper.  Seems like many people have been hurt by Gotway's.  I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive so I can get the seat for the MSuper.

Archived