EUC tyre max load 70kg?!

RenaissanceMan

The Kenda K1039-900 tyre of an original Kingsong KS16S wheel has engraved "Max Load 70 Kg" on it while the wheel itself is advertised for a load of up to 120Kg :confused1:.

Should I worry riding this wheel (KS16S about 18Kg plus rider's weight of about 90Kg, total of 108Kg, i.e. 38Kg above the tyre's rating) :cry2: ?

What is the load limit of your EUC tyre? Are there (16") tyres rated for higher loads than 70Kg?

Has anybody experienced failure of an EUC tyre due to overweight?

Thanks for your attention!

No one in China weighs over 70 kgs so I wouldn't worry about it.  They probably just print that on all the tires but over-engineer them to meet higher loads.  There's plenty of riders who are 240 lbs and heavier riding around so I would worry more about not overloading the wheel going up steep hills if anything.  Might also be a sign to lose some pounds, fatty.  I haven't seen any reports of exploding tires even with people jumping down stairs or heights so you should be okay.  I hope.  I don't really know, but I'm bored so I thought I'd put in my two cents of an opinion which in reality is probably worth just as much.   Just be cautious not to over-inflate the tire too much.  I usually ride at about 55 to 60 psi, but I'm only at a svelte 167 lbs with my girlish figure.  Have a nice weekend, and safe riding!  :innocent1: 

Just look at this guy who rides with two people on the wheel - perfectly safe!  Das ist fat gut!

• 1 month later...

@RenaissanceMan i found it under tyre. ya, just ignore that tire rating and take the word of some strangers on the forum. actually kingsong is claiming 150 kg total load. i'm gonna need some clarification from kingsong before i actually test this out, ie tire pressure, temperature etc. maybe they have a sumo wrestler in their factory testing the load capacity.

IMG_0109.PNG

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

@RenaissanceMan i found it under tyre. ya, just ignore that tire rating and take the word of some strangers on the forum. actually kingsong is claiming 150 kg total load. i'm gonna need some clarification from kingsong before i actually test this out, ie tire pressure, temperature etc. maybe they have a sumo wrestler in their factory testing the load capacity.

IMG_0109.PNG

How much do you weigh? 

me? about 80 kilos, shooting for 150 kilos tho, so i can max out this wheel. at 80 kilos i'm only over the tire capacity at max pressure by 60 pounds. clothes are extra. Bob is gonna weigh 150 pounds pretty soon so i sb in good shape riding him on my back on this wheel.

13 minutes ago, novazeus said:

me? about 80 kilos, shooting for 150 kilos tho, so i can max out this wheel. at 80 kilos i'm only over the tire capacity at max pressure by 60 pounds. clothes are extra. Bob is gonna weigh 150 pounds pretty soon so i sb in good shape riding him on my back on this wheel.

The extra weight and bulk of something that big on your back is very likely to kill or injured you in any getoff as you get driven into the ground. The bulk would preclude you from rolling, and the weight would drive you into the ground well beyond any possibility of running it off. Even just jumping off a curb a foot high with 150 pounds strapped to your back is quite difficult; your knees would buckle. Now try doing that at a run. 

I'd suggest an electric bicycle with a carrying case to put your dog there so you wouldn't be attached to him when you fall. 

i'm kidding about carrying Bob. he's waay too smart to get on a euc with a 70kg tire. idk if anybody has tried, i might depending on time, load this wheel to 330 just to blow the tire. i don't think it will hold 80 kgs more than it was designed for. kingsong may have designed the wheel to hold a thousand kilos but it doesn't matter if the tire is only rated for 70. i've got a ten ton trailer. 8 tires. doesn't matter how good the trailer and axles are if the tires on it are rated at 2000lb per max load. it is what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

People used to mention the strong smell the tires gave off when new.  It took weeks for it to go away on the ninebot and it never went away on the chinese vietnam jungle boots.  Haven't read anything about the strong chemical smell of euc tires for a long time now.  Maybe the new ones are different.

Archived