New 4.0 App now called Segway/Ninebot

Looks like they are getting rid of Segway connection to Ninebot, Now my MiniPro comes up as Mini ... Cool new feature on Products and a section for Using Ncoins still nothing you can buy. Was a pain to register, kept getting network timeout until it finally sent me the correct code to my email. 

Three new features, and couple of extras

1. Can turn off Ninebot from App. But cannot turn on because Bluetooth also goes off.

2. Turn off mode when Locked, But doesn't turn off.

3. No Alarm if Locked, Does Not Vibrate.

Extras,

New Light Mode called Two Dragons ? play with Ball ?

Better Remote Control, but no follow mode like on the new MiniPlus.

UI redesign now you swipe to the left for extra options as well as icons to shortcuts added to Main Screen.

IMG_2699.PNG

IMG_2700.PNG

IMG_2701.PNG

IMG_2702.PNG

IMG_2703.PNG

Tap the main screen and it turns on the camera so you can see where you are going while looking at the display.  That's new isn't it?  Or did I miss that before?

However, the only speed available under speed settings is 10km/h - there used to be others eg 5.

"1. Can turn off Ninebot from App. But cannot turn on because Bluetooth also goes off."

No change there that I can see.

"Better Remote Control, but no follow mode like on the new MiniPlus."

Remote control seems much as before - novelty value only.  Follow mode presumably needs hardware changes.  Anyway, I think it's a pretty useless feature in real life.  You'd be constantly checking to see if it had wandered off on its own, or got stuck, or been grabbed by someone, and if someone got between you and it, especially a child, would it realise and not mow them down?  A mode to keep it constantly in front of you might be safer, but kind of hard to implement.

I get great benefit from the remote every time I walk my dog.  I would really miss it if it wasn't there.  It let's me walk around this big bumpy, grassy field without having to try to ride it or carry it.  The new remote seems more laggy for me.  There's a huge delay before it responds to inputs.  As someone who uses the remote for about 100 minutes per week I got really used to how it behaved and responded and this just feels laggy now.  I wish I could downgrade but this was a forced upgrade and I had no choice.

On 7/11/2017 at 2:04 AM, Ozpeter said:

Tap the main screen and it turns on the camera so you can see where you are going while looking at the display.  That's new isn't it?  Or did I miss that before?

That was always there before.

On 7/11/2017 at 2:04 AM, Ozpeter said:

However, the only speed available under speed settings is 10km/h - there used to be others eg 5.

You can change this is speed settings

I am so embarrassed about not having found the camera background display before!   But as for the speed settings - 10km/h is the only setting available in the speed settings (on my Android phone at least), unless the way of changing that is seriously non-intuitive.

Could anyone  please tell me if this new app is working with 1.1.7 firmware that i stick to? Can this new app somehow force me to update firmware? (for now i use old app and do not update it due to keeping my precious 1.1.7)

On 7/20/2017 at 2:53 PM, Alex Markin said:

Could anyone  please tell me if this new app is working with 1.1.7 firmware that i stick to? Can this new app somehow force me to update firmware? (for now i use old app and do not update it due to keeping my precious 1.1.7)

Interesting, the old app would no longer log in to the site for me I was forced to update the app.  If you can still use the old app then I would continue to use it, there is nothing in the new app you need or that is really any better than the last one that is of any importance.  When you start it fresh it connects you to their social media and you have to do the extra step of telling it you want to connect to your device.  Waste of time.  I hate the new app (even looks uglier), but the fact that you need to log in to use the Segway is such a bad design that you forget all the other issues and this is the main issue.

@Alex Markin

I was forced to the new 4.0 app (before i used app v341), im still riding with v117 firmware

for the moment no problemo,each time i connect mini , appear always notification for upgrade, it's ok, for the moment not forcing the firmware upgrade

On 7/13/2017 at 10:08 PM, Ozpeter said:

I am so embarrassed about not having found the camera background display before!   But as for the speed settings - 10km/h is the only setting available in the speed settings (on my Android phone at least), unless the way of changing that is seriously non-intuitive.

That setting is just to limit the top speed for beginners, you switch it on like as if in safe mode. ?

On 7/20/2017 at 2:53 PM, Alex Markin said:

Hey alex a bit off topic but can you tell me why you are still on 1.1.7? Thanks ?

• 1 year later...

I can't get my ninebot to pass the Bluetooth connection.  I created a profile but Bluetooth doesn't work or weeping connect and it doesn't even say what the Bluetooth signal will be.  Help its fully charged and i need it strong today..  Help

3 hours ago, Joel Ramos said:

I can't get my ninebot to pass the Bluetooth connection.  I created a profile but Bluetooth doesn't work or weeping connect and it doesn't even say what the Bluetooth signal will be.  Help its fully charged and i need it strong today..  Help

Have you tried it this way?  Turn on bluetooth , data, and the ninebot, or the ninebot and bluetooth, and data, any order just make sure they are all on, then open the app.  It should connect automatically.  I alway open the app last.  Sometimes the app will show searching and you touch the screen where it shows the ninebot serial number and it will connect.

Also make sure the bluetooth pairing code is turned off in the settings.  I don't use a code.  If yours is turned on but you didn't set a code, I think the default is 00000.

• 4 months later...

Archived