Segway S1 on sale $479 Amazon Worth It?

CaptainKBLS

Just realized this is the same "John" from the Speedyfeet videos.  :efefe00999:

It has two batteries for 310 wh so that's good.  It is a striking looking wheel no doubt.  Battery pack replacements are a little pricey since they are encased in laptop-like power packs. 

You do get that Ninebot reliability.  For the price it's a good basic wheel and lighter than the One E+.  Other offerings in the 14" arena are the InMotion V5F+, KS14, MCM4,  but I think prices for those are a bit higher.  Maybe the MCM4 is closer,  but some people (Duf) reported some ride issues with them. @houseofjob I believe had one for a while, but he didn't seem that impressed with it.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

The S1 does have a handle which has a power on spin stop trigger when lifted, but no trolley handle unfortunately.  I haven't seen any made for that model.  IPS has some reliable 14" wheels I believe as well.  Wow your kid was riding a IM V8?  :efee96588e:  impressive, most impressive!

For the money you'd be getting a stylish, reliable all rounder wheel as long as you don't mind the 14" tire.  V5F+ is also 14", but people seem to rave about that one.  The S1's top 20 kph or 12.5 mph speed is a little on the slow side though.  For a kid it might be perfect.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

It's a good wheel (basically a slower, 14" Ninebot One E+), just severely outdated and outclassed in every area by the InMotion V5F+.

20kph / 12.5mph is really hard to stomach with today's EUC offerings; way too close to human running speed.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

It's a good wheel (basically a slower, 14" Ninebot One E+), just severely outdated and outclassed in every area by the InMotion V5F+.

20kph / 12.5mph is really hard to stomach with today's EUC offerings; way too close to human running speed.

The V5F+ is twice the wheel at twice the price.

If I didn't already have two 14 inchers then I'd probably buy it as a kick-around wheel. I wouldn't worry about the speed if I was mostly urban.

• Upvote 1