NInebot One Battery Quick Change mod - visual instructions

litewave

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nice mod, but it's a little hard to tell from the photos how that works.  :wacko:  I'm guessing you press up on the bottom of the side cover to release the cover pivoting up and then out to get access to the battery?

>> See the video linked here and discussed here.

There is an embedded link ^ to the video at the top of the original post that shows the technique I use. 

The cover sits very snugly under the hold-down screws with spacer and washer, and the bottom tabs snap into place at the bottom. 

So, to remove the battery cover, use a small stubby flat-tip screwdriver to depress the tabs at the bottom and force them in slightly to release. Do one side at a time and then pull the bottom out and away. The top tabs will slide out from under the screws with nylon spacer and flange washer. Reattaching is just the reverse. Slide the the tabs at the top at an angle over the battery and wires under the flange washers, press the cover over the battery, depress the bottom of the cover slightly to get the tabs into the compartment recess, and then give the bottom of the cover a firm nudge until it snaps into position.

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah I gotcha!  I didn't see that video link earlier.  Looks like a nice secure quick access mod!

It's one of the main reasons I haven't purchased another wheel - I have yet to find an alternative that offers a quick, user-serviceable battery replacement/upgrade, or can be modded as easily – and has all the NB1E+ advantages (low total cost of ownership, durability, parts availability, etc.).

So now, I'm pondering better thermal cooling options (the stock heatsink implementation is sloppy), and the possibility of whether I can safely 'overclock' the board with the Russian firmware mod to a P model .... B)

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
Guest PogArt Artur
On 6/14/2017 at 7:00 AM, litewave said:

Here is the parts list (total cost less than $10USD):

1. 2x flat nylon washers (about $1 for 6)

2. 2x flat steel washers (about $4 for 100)

3. 1x 6" section of 5/8" self-stick corner guard (about $3 for 4-8')

4. stubby screwdriver - BYOT

See the video linked here and discussed here.

The instructions are embedded in the photos. If you have any questions or comments, just ask. 

SIdeCoverSlots_post.jpg

SIdeCoverTabs_post.jpg

Washer and Spacer_post.jpg

Screws w: washers and spacers_post.jpg

Screws mounted1_post.jpg

EdgeGuardLabel_post.jpg

EdgeGuard_post.jpg

That's so clever idea !!!

Thank you!

It is something I'll think about for sure :)

• 4 years later...

Hi folks!

Believe it or not, i still have a ninebot one C+. I want to do the battery hot-swap mod. Can somebody kindly give me the battery specifications to purchase an additional battery. Because I am almost unable to find any info on AliExpress.

Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rikks said:

Can somebody kindly give me the battery specifications to purchase an additional battery.

So you should look for a 15s2p Ninebot (C+/E/)E+/P battery.

Best is the P Variant with ~388Wh - they use the "newer" 3500mAh 18650 Li Ion cells.

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/en-eu/blogs/help-and-advice/ninebot-one-e-battery-in-a-c