Issues with the new Gotway 84V models

I saw this a while back. I ride and know a few other ACM+ riders that haven't had any issues. I am on mine every day without issue. Not saying there couldn't be one though and you should always be cautious. I am hoping that this was just a one-off scenario. I follow a lot of forums and pages and haven't witnessed the issue anywhere else yet though.

GW replaced the 16 awg motor wires with 14 awg. They are basically future proofing the design. I am currently installing the new motor in my ACM 1600. 

6 hours ago, andrewnyer said:

If I'm buying one that was manufactured within the last 90 days should I be worried ?

I have about 1600 miles between 5 Gotway wheels manufactured in the last 10 months. No problems.

In my opinion you shouldn't be worried.

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I have about 1600 miles between 5 Gotway wheels manufactured in the last 10 months. No problems.

In my opinion you shouldn't be worried.

Nice to have a GW God that provides you with a veil of protection!  :innocent1:

On 5/26/2017 at 8:07 PM, Rehab1 said:

GW replaced the 16 awg motor wires with 14 awg. They are basically future proofing the design. I am currently installing the new motor in my ACM 1600. 

Do we know when they made the switch? My ACM has an early March QC date, so I'm curious if mine has the updated wiring.

28 minutes ago, EvenOdd said:

Do we know when they made the switch? My ACM has an early March QC date, so I'm curious if mine has the updated wiring.

I could be wrong but I believe it was around their Qing Ming Jie holiday that ran the first 3-4 days in April. Just remove the side cover and post a photo. We should be able to tell if the updates were implemented. There are always going to be ongoing subtle modifications. Even if  you have the previous wiring your wheel will be fine. 

Archived