Kingsong 14C first impressions

manuelz

Has anyone put the 640Wh MCM2s a pair of scales? I'll get the results of the 800W KS later today. On the question of the shell strength, I was skeptical, until KS demonstrated this at the factory...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM7WScXcsbE

12.2 kg with trolley
MCM2s+ 640 Wh

Tina said in an email that the 680 Wh 14" weighs 15.5 Kg. the 340 Wh, according to her, is 14 Kg. I have no way to measure it, but the difference is consistent with a "twice as big" pack using good batteries and heavier BMS (even if the BMS weight is probably negligible in the big picture). If true, that makes it for a very heavy wheel (granted, solid and with a good motor)

Tina said in an email that the 680 Wh 14" weighs 15.5 Kg. the 340 Wh, according to her, is 14 Kg. I have no way to measure it, but the difference is consistent with a "twice as big" pack using good batteries and heavier BMS (even if the BMS weight is probably negligible in the big picture). If true, that makes it for a very heavy wheel (granted, solid and with a good motor)

A KS 340Wh would then weight 3kg more than a GW340Wh. It would even weight more than my 16" Firewheel 260Wh (which has a 16s2p battery, same as a GW 340Wh), 13.7 kg !  Too much, not credible, IMHO.

A KS 340Wh would then weight 3kg more than a GW340Wh. It would even weight more than my 16" Firewheel 260Wh (which has a 16s2p battery, same as a GW 340Wh), 13.7 kg !  Too much, not credible, IMHO.

that indeed is a worrisome weight. I'm hoping Jason can shed some light as to how heavy the KS are in actual commuting and going about one's day vs a more "standard" weight. Thanks

To sum up the 14" wheels

680Wh :

• Gotway : 12.2 kg (measure, by John Eucist)
  • King Song : 14 kg (guess, by Jason, credible), 15.5 kg (by Tina, NOT credible)

340Wh :

• Gotway : 10.95 kg (measure, by hobby16)
  • King Song : 14 kg (by Tina, NOT credible)

My interim conclusion is that King Song is somewhat heavy, but not outright obese.

A comparison for 18" wheels would also be welcome when more data are available.

Ok, while out shopping , opened up a digital bathroom scale & put on the KS800. It comes in at 14.6kg. The information from King Song is that the difference between the GW MCM2s & the KS800 is entirely the motor, the new 800W motor weighs 2kg more than the 500W version. 

20150810_111124.thumb.jpg.f412ad849239a4

Archived