Acm 16 plus 84V

Because the board has more MOSFETS probably make it safer. I also think the battery give more power, so max speed is probably increased too. But I am not crazy enough to try my ACMs+ 1300wh at max speed. It would probably get over 45kph :ph34r::blink:

Hi,

Here are a several things that changes with the ACMs+ version:

- heavier, so less agile

- less comfortable because it is wider, so your feet are pushed further to the exterior of the pedals

- more power, it might seem a little more reactive

- top speed is increased (48kph with a full battery from what I've tested)

- longer charging time 10-12h

All newer ACM have the 12 mosfet motherboard, the 67V & 84V. I would recommend the 84V over the 67V if you really want to cruise at high speeds (35kph) or if you need the extra range (anywhere between 40 and 50miles range)

20 hours ago, Francesco Gulberti said:

Can I put more in mainboard  mosfets in my mcm4 HS gotway. What change?? 

In theory, yes, in practice... not easily. There's a slim chance it could work just by putting the extra mosfets in parallel, but more likely you will run into several problems and issues (like does the gate driver source/sink enough current to switch both mosfets fast enough, do you need to separate the gates with resistors or something in case the thresholds are different, how added parasitics effect in the circuit, how to attach the extra mosfets to heatsink...). Even if you know exactly what you're doing (which I cannot claim to really know :P), there's still a chance you end up with a dead or malfunctioning board. Or even if it works at first try, it could die on you while riding (things like ESD-damage may not show up at first). Wouldn't recommend to try, unless you've got more special tools (at least an oscilloscope and high-voltage lab power supply would come to mind), at least some basic knowledge of (power) electronics and are prepared to get at least a new board, if not an entire wheel, in case things go wrong...

On 2017-05-08 at 0:50 PM, Roue Libre said:

@Pingouin you tested it at 48kph ? I don't know if that is madness, but at last you got balls :efee6b18f3: I think I never exceeded 30kph

I've pushed my acm 67V 680 battery to 40km, felt good, real good :))

IMG_1009.PNG

9 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

I've pushed my acm 67V 680 battery to 40km, felt good, real good :))

I think the roads and cycling lanes are well maintained in the US. You don't have much potholes and bumps right ?
Do you wear a full helmet or only a cycling helmet ? I would try going fast with a full helmet and protection gear, in some area where I don't have potholes.

Full snowboarding/ multi purpose Giro helmet, tripple 8 wrist guards, soft elbow/ knee pads under clothing. I dont always ride this fast, just from time to time I'd like to push it. But my cruising speed is 25-35 km/h and I feel very, very comfortable.

I'm about to take delivery of MSuper V3s+ 1300 battery, it will be interesting to see how comfortable that machine will be.

On 5/8/2017 at 6:16 AM, Pingouin said:

Hi,

Here are a several things that changes with the ACMs+ version:

- heavier, so less agile

- less comfortable because it is wider, so your feet are pushed further to the exterior of the pedals

- more power, it might seem a little more reactive

- top speed is increased (48kph with a full battery from what I've tested)

- longer charging time 10-12h

All newer ACM have the 12 mosfet motherboard, the 67V & 84V. I would recommend the 84V over the 67V if you really want to cruise at high speeds (35kph) or if you need the extra range (anywhere between 40 and 50miles range)

Interesting. From my perspective after upgrading, the 84v wheel was more agile. Because it's wider and your feet are further apart it's easier to make quick turns. Other local riders have made the same observation.

The wider stance feels strange at the very beginning but in my opinion it's just as comfortable. I have ridden for at least 2 continuous hours many times (just yesterday) and it's very comfortable.

11 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Full snowboarding/ multi purpose Giro helmet, tripple 8 wrist guards, soft elbow/ knee pads under clothing. I dont always ride this fast, just from time to time I'd like to push it. But my cruising speed is 25-35 km/h and I feel very, very comfortable.

I'm about to take delivery of MSuper V3s+ 1300 battery, it will be interesting to see how comfortable that machine will be.

I had the opportunity to ride @who_the's MSuper V3s in the mountains this past weekend and I really liked it. Feels much heavier than my 820wh version on the road so the riding sensation reminds me more of the ACM. A noticeable bump in raw power. You'll going to love it :thumbup:

BTW, you got the V3s.  The + designation is for the 1600wh version.

Archived