Jump to content

V5F Real life range


RooMiniPro

Recommended Posts

Can some of you V5F owners report what your typical real world range is? I am thinking about getting one and if I can avoid spending the couple of hundred extra for the + version I would be happy. But at the same time I don't want to regret my decision because the range is too little to get me where I need to go.

Can the V5F comfortably reach 30km on smooth, flat ground in warm weather for a light weight rider? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're not going to get any particularly scrutiny-proof data here because everyones weight/roads/riding style/extra weight additions like backpacks etc etc etc are all different.

Id simply say if youre getting the v5f, youd be foolish not to spend the extra cash on the '+'.

Also make sure you're buying from someone decent, with a proven track record. (Not aliexpress/alibaba etc)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

Can the V5F comfortably reach 30km on smooth, flat ground in warm weather for a light weight rider? 

The V5F has a 288Wh battery. So you are asking for less than 10Wh/km consumption (plus there is always some juice left even in the "empty" battery). Possible: yes. Comfortably: I have my doubts, in particular if you want to go beyond 15km/h, but I also don't have a V5F. Check maybe also this

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mono said:

The V5F has a 288Wh battery. So you are asking for less than 10Wh/km consumption (plus there is always some juice left even in the "empty" battery). Possible: yes. Comfortably: I have my doubts, in particular if you want to go beyond 15km/h, but I also don't have a V5F. Check maybe also this

 

Are you sure it's 288wh? On ewheel's site they say it's 320 for the V5F and 480 on the V5F+.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RooMiniPro said:

Are you sure it's 288wh? On ewheel's site they say it's 320 for the V5F and 480 on the V5F+.

No, I am not sure and I might be wrong or there might be even different versions of it:

https://store.urban360.com/produit/gyroroue-inmotion-v5f/

I would tend to trust the number from ewheels, they might have a "special edition", but before to make the deal I would probably still ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

Are you sure it's 288wh? On ewheel's site they say it's 320 for the V5F and 480 on the V5F+.

Original 288Wh was a miscalculation by IM marketing department (or perhaps they had the usable Wh value, which no-one else applies). The V5F has a 320Wh pack—40x cells, x 2.2Ah x 3.6v = 316Wh, so close enough...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the V5F.  With about 72kg on the wheel, no wind, and going max speed (25kph) as much as possible, I find the range to be about 19km.  If I am riding more typically, about 18-22kph, the wheel will go about 25km.

15 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

Can the V5F comfortably reach 30km on smooth, flat ground in warm weather for a light weight rider? 

Short answer:  No, it can't.  If you want a "comfortable" 25km or longer range, you need the V5F+.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also have V5F and as 100kg driver I can do 15km on max speed and 20-25km driving slowly. If you are light weight you probably can get to 30km but it would be really close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ombre said:

I have the V5F.  With about 72kg on the wheel, no wind, and going max speed (25kph) as much as possible, I find the range to be about 19km.  If I am riding more typically, about 18-22kph, the wheel will go about 25km.

Short answer:  No, it can't.  If you want a "comfortable" 25km or longer range, you need the V5F+.

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I tried to push to the limit my v5f. Hard accelerations, top speed in asphalt, some off road, some front wind and 1 km pushing a broken Suzuki burgman 125 and his old rider! I get 26km and 17% battery left.

But regret I don't have the plus version

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Demargon said:

Today I tried to push to the limit my v5f. Hard accelerations, top speed in asphalt, some off road, some front wind and 1 km pushing a broken Suzuki burgman 125 and his old rider! I get 26km and 17% battery left.

But regret I don't have the plus version

 

Well that's quite impressive.  The + version prices start to get towards V8 territory though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the v5f is the cheapest option for a reliable euc. If you are thinking to change it in a couple of years probably is your best option. If you want to expend more than 2 years with it, take the plus or the v8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...