An apology to all and one

Smoother

Last night I had a rant at another member, openly in a thread.  It was wrong and I should not have done it.

what I should have done was addressed my issue with the member via private message.

don't go looking for it, I deleted it ( hid it) because no one else needed to read it who hadn't already done so.

i have since contacted that member respectfully, via pm.

i apologise to any member who was offended by the language, or content.

and I apologise to the member here publicly, for potentially embarrassing him, although, I actually think he cannot be embarrassed, and that was a complement. ( name withheld, because not doing so would be a second form of public "calling out" which is not appropriate either.)

next time I get hot under the collar, I'll wait a full hour before pushing "send".  I'm sure that will prevent any further silliness on my part.

When contemplating going negative in any forum, e-mail, etc. exchange, give it 24 hours before hitting the send button. Usually you'll never actually hit the button.

Nice retraction. I'm sure whomever got your wrath appreciates it ^_^

We really have a great group of EUC enthusiasts, and we get along very well for the most part. In fact, there's less trolling and arguing in this forum than most others on the interwebs.

@Smoother's apology is just another demonstration of the high level of maturity and class that 98% of the people possess in this community. That's a hard thing to maintain with all the language barriers and cultural differences we have representing peeps from every continent. 

Thanks to everyone for making this a great place to learn from each other's experiences and to help out newbies as they get started with their new wheels.

:cheers:

Yes, the more I think of it the more stupid I feel.  24 hours, that would definitely do the trick. 

An update. We ( me and my "victim" ) have had a few civil PMs and we're cool.  We still regularly post on each other's posts, etc.

can anyone recommend an "anti hot head" remedy? Pot brownies come to mind.  Anyone wheeled while stoned? @Cerbera , I'm looking in your direction for some reason ? It sounds freaky.

7 hours ago, Smoother said:

Pot brownies come to mind.

that's quite likely to do the job :), like with EUCing, their legal status is unfortunately full of ambiguities.

I almost invariably do the 24h trick with emails. I find it harder in a forum, because I don't know that there is a drafts folder for posts. Is there? 

2 hours ago, Mono said:

that's quite likely to do the job :), like with EUCing, their legal status is unfortunately full of ambiguities.

I almost invariably do the 24h trick with emails. I find it harder in a forum, because I don't know that there is a drafts folder for posts. Is there? 

You just don't t strike me as the sort of guy who would need a 24 hour cooling off period.  Me, I need one every other day it seems.  The older I get the more things and people piss me off.  Grrr!  Where are my f.ing pot brownies!?!?

I AM VICTOR MELDREW ( English TV grouch)

Just now, Smoother said:

You just don't t strike me as the sort of guy who would need a 24 hour cooling off period.  Me, I need one every other day it seems.  The older I get the more things and people piss me off.  Grrr!  Where are my f.ing pot brownies!?!?

Interesting. I think I'm the opposite, and have pretty much chilled the f**k out as I've got older. At 44, I find my own mistakes funny rather than disastrous now, and I'm quite tolerant of idiocy in others - certainly more than I used to be.

Being on an EUC undoubtedly makes me more polite, and calmer than I would be in any other situation, because I consider myself an ambassador for EUCing, and therefore am very careful not to get cross with people or point out what they are doing wrong, and to apologise regardless of whether it's my fault or not :)

4 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I have a card that I keep in my wallet and few others posted around the house and office that help me to maintain balance. It contains three words which I've determined are best for guiding my view on life:

• Stoicism - a philosophy on how to live with the adversities of life - know what you can affect and let everything else fall off your shoulders
  • Mindfulness - live in the present
  • Memento Mori - keeps everything in perspective

You people make me sick ? Oops, I did it again.  24 hrs...24 hrs.

actually I TOO have a mantra (which I never use) cribbed from George Costanza (sp?) father from the TV  series, Seinfeld

Throw open arms into the arm while looking to the heavens..." SERENITY NOW!!!!"

13 minutes ago, Smoother said:

You people make me sick ? Oops, I did it again.  24 hrs...24 hrs.

actually I TOO nave a mantra (which I never use) cribbed from George Costanza (sp?) father from the TV  series, Seinfeld

Throw open arms into the arm while looking to the heavens..." SERENITY NOW!!!!"

Funny, I remember that from the show :D

Archived