48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear safety gear?

• No, never worried me.
    • Generally no, but if i'm going to do tricks / ride fast sometimes I might
    • Always wear a helmet
    • Always wear gloves
    • Always wear a helmet and gloves
    • Always wear a helmet, gloves and knee pads

@Marty Backe I admire your conviction.  I confess that a few weeks ago I stopped wearing a helmet, just a hat. I know! I know! Shock, horror.  I guess I'm a MOTGATT rider.  My reasoning is that these days I mostly ride at generic wheel speeds or less, just cruising around enjoying the view, and I seldom if ever ride with vehicles, almost exclusively beach walking paths or cycle paths.  When I come off, it's always at stumbling speeds and I'm usually laughing when I do it. When I get back to the uk, I'll probably dust off the helmet because there's so much traffic, and I'll be "commuting" (3/4 mile)and no beach where I live.

and I didn't spot the elbow pad omission, I do wear those all the time. Illogical I know, but as I said somewhere else, I've hit every pad at some time, except my helmet, and that was when I travelled faster, say, low 20kms.  Now I cruise around In the low 10's , very easy to stumble off.

EDIT.  after my p.m. Ride today, I remembered why i stopped wearing my helmet; it was to wear my straw western hat.  I've since, switched to a baseball cap; but since I wore it under my helmet anyway, I figured, why not just put the helmet back on.  So that's what I'll do.  Thanks @Marty Backe for provoking this line of thought that will make me safer.

What is better than having a helmet on your head during a crash? A helmet that records the moment of impact! 

I just purchased the Airhweel C5. Figure if I am going to wear protective gear it might as well serve a dual purpose!

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

What is better than having a helmet on your head during a crash?

One that forces a camera unit into your cranium at the first sign of contact ?!

Only kidding, looks like a great idea. Helmet-cams make for interesting EUC videos when we're all fed-up of the sort of shots you get from selfie sticks, and also more useful in evidence gathering in case of any accidents or other problems...

What res video does it do, and what format ? (I could spend 10 mins looking for that, but you might just know :)

18 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

2304 x 1296 Action Cam

What the hell is that ?!!! :) 

"Guys, what resolution are we gonna make our cameras do ? Everyone else is using 16:9."
"Don't worry, Dave, just pick some random numbers and use those. People don't know what aspect ratio is anyway"

Archived