I tried the Inboard M1 Electric Skateboard

Paddylaz

Until we get the real "hover board" that really hovers above the ground, we steel the thunder wherever we go. Period. A nude woman running on the street and the EUC rider on the other side. Guess who gets more stares?

Anyway what was the price for that slim looking skate board?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Anyway, the skateboard does 25mph (apparently). It was very good fun. A little tricky at first...........two main donwsides are the price and the fact you control forwards/backwards using a little handheld joystick.

The third main downside is the tiny little wheels.  I don't see how anyone could go 25mph on one unless the road was glass smooth.:cry2:  And was lined with pillows.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Bit of a shame as it ruined the 'purity' of just using your body.

Isn't that how all quality e-skateboards work? :) I mean how is that an objective downside :)

I know there's gotway's new development with full body control, but you'll never get the same level of response and sustainable speed as remote operated ones. 

3 hours ago, vladmarks said:

Isn't that how all quality e-skateboards work? :) I mean how is that an objective downside :)

I know there's gotway's new development with full body control, but you'll never get the same level of response and sustainable speed as remote operated ones. 

I guess yeah, id never seen one in the flesh before. Was very impressed with the design though. Wouldnt guess in a million years it was electric if stationary.

• 4 years later...
On 1/26/2017 at 5:40 PM, Paddylaz said:

Plus what happens when the connection gets lost?!

There are some people on the r/electricskateboarding subreddit that can tell you what happens, at least with some boards: they slam on the brakes and send you flying off the board, horizontally... at least for a fraction of a second. 

3 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

There are some people on the r/electricskateboarding subreddit that can tell you what happens, at least with some boards: they slam on the brakes and send you flying off the board, horizontally... at least for a fraction of a second. 

A buddy of mine rides a Lacroix and a few other high end electric skateboards and he had an issue with his throttle, it was just like the motor of an electric scooter cutting out, might jerk for a split second since no more power is going to it and he'd coast to a stop

6 hours ago, TantasStarke said:

A buddy of mine rides a Lacroix and a few other high end electric skateboards and he had an issue with his throttle, it was just like the motor of an electric scooter cutting out, might jerk for a split second since no more power is going to it and he'd coast to a stop

Yeah, it was one specific brand where the board slammed on the brakes by itself. Meepo, IIRC.

• 1 month later...

I had the Revel Kit, which is a fantastic direct-drive power pack that allows you to use whatever wheels and board you want. Highly recommend. Some people really want that skateboard feel; my friend uses his like a ski lift: rides up steep hills, then bombs down, and has decent brakes to boot. For me I used it to cover ground, and the vibrations and constantly hunting for pebbles got old. I upgrade to belt-drive, which gave me more torque, and then I bolted on 6 and 7" pneumatic tires. That board is soooo carvy with the double kingpin trucks. It really is so amazing to ride, and I swear I can go up driveway lips easier than my wheels. I loved that thing to death... and then I discovered EUCs! I don't touch the board much, but it is a seriously fun machine that has a unique feel.