Bought a Gotway ACM v2

Wagtenor

Just pulled the trigger on a Gotway ACM 820WH.  After much reading here and watching YouTube videos, I decided it offered what I wanted given my size and weight.

Researching EUCs is not an easy thing since most of us cannot simply try before buy.

But many thanks to this forum and the great people here that are kind enough to share their experience.

Can't wait to get it now. 

1 hour ago, Wagtenor said:

Just pulled the trigger on a Gotway ACM 820WH.  After much reading here and watching YouTube videos, I decided it offered what I wanted given my size and weight.

Researching EUCs is not an easy thing since most of us cannot simply try before buy.

But many thanks to this forum and the great people here that are kind enough to share their experience.

Can't wait to get it now. 

Congrat's. You're going to love it. Be sure to tell us what you think after you have some time on it.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice!

Are you planning to do anything specific with it? What are your use cases? (just asking because I might say the same in a few days, and I'm curious what your thoughts were when deciding) What alternatives did you consider?

It will simply be for pleasure. Mostly riding on weekends with my daughter and perhaps a few solo trips whenever I feel the need.  I live too far from the job to use it as a commuter, but with the potential rise in gas prices this year, I'll likely take it with me to work and ride to nearby restaurants on those occasions when I don't pack a lunch.

I had considered the V8, and King Song KS-16... Both get really good reviews here,  but according to the data I've seen and testimonials from those with the ACM it seems to have the torque, speed, and range I want.  I weighed myself with boots, coat, pads, helmet and I weigh in at 215lbs.  I'm still new to EUC so I don't see myself pushing the limits of the ACM.  But I do know I want/desire more performance than my current Ninebot One C+ offers.  The Ninebot does struggle a little with me on it.  But carries my daughter around with ease.

The Ninebot will be passed down to my daughter who has learned how to ride it.  Now she's no longer interested in her hoverboard unless she's riding indoors - go figure.

Also I got the ACM V2 for under $1000.  Pictures and responses from seller seems on the level and it comes with a return guarantee.  So hoping it all works out... Fingers crossed.

Oh and personally I didn't like the design of the KS-16 with the big pads on the side.  The V8 seems nice, but I ruled it out because of the smallish battery - no other reason.

Yepeeee.  The ACM just got delivered.  Now I just need to know how to verify it has the 12 MOSFET Control board.  Anybody know how to tell without opening up the unit?  It has the pedals with red rubber on it.

Can one tell by S/N? 

43 minutes ago, Wagtenor said:

Yepeeee.  The ACM just got delivered.  Now I just need to know how to verify it has the 12 MOSFET Control board.  Anybody know how to tell without opening up the unit?  It has the pedals with red rubber on it.

Can one tell by S/N? 

Congrats. Unless you bought it from some place that would cheat you (hope you didn't), it has 12 MOSFETs.  If your pedals only have the red rubber than you do have a slightly older model because they've been shipping with the newer larger pedals for awhile now. Do yourself a favor and order the new pedals immediately. They are much more comfortable. My previous two ACMs (640wh & 820wh) were what you have - it's a fantastic wheel.

Thanks Marty.  Verified CB is definitely 12 MOSFET version and has the new style connectors.  Thanks to a few posts and pictures here, I was able to compare mine and make conclusion.

I will definitely order the larger pedals.  Weather permitting, I'll take for first spin outdoors tomorrow.  Only did sample ride in the house so far.  I can already tell, I like it better than Ninebot.  Not that the Ninebot is bad though.  I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Quick question - which Android App are people using with their Gotway ACM.  I wasn't expecting I would have issue getting the app, but I was wrong.  The Gotway app I downloaded from Gotway Facebook only had tiltback settings up to 25kph. My intention was set tilt back at 30kph.  After installing the downloaded app, an update to very 2.11 was found.  I installed it, but still tiltback max is 25 kph.  What gives?

I did find the Electro-Sport.de Gotway App in the Google Play store.  It does seem to allow setting tilt back to 30kph and beyond.  Are most people using Electro-Sport.de app with their ACM?  It seems pretty good...

I had the same problem and I think this application is for other models of gotway of less power, my advice for when you have the correct application is to remove the tilbak and the first two alarms, so I have a ninebot and it is a nightmare to fight continuously with The tilbak that can not be removed in the ninebot, alarm of the 37 klm of the acm will continue active, I use the application gotway only to configure the wheel, but to wander use WHEEILOG applications for android in my case, application a few months ago , Not the last one, look in the group GOTWAY APP and you will leave all the conversations on this subject

@Jose Otal I got WheelLog from the Google store.  Nice app for monitoring things. Also has settings to display in mph which is good for me.

Had the opportunity to get spend some quality time with the Gotway ACM.  Aside from the small pedals, I find the ride much more comfortable than than 9b1 for me.  I didn't need any additional cushion or anything on my ankles or any portion of my leg.  I think this will vary from person to person due differing anatomies and such.

I spent some time making sure the Electro-Sport.de app actually changed settings in the wheel.  So I set the tilt back to 3kmh then to 6kmh.  It worked each time, also gave me a chance to feel what tilt back feels like before setting to higher speed.  I find tiltback on par with 9b1.  So for me, it was not bad at all.  

I then spent about an hour just riding around the large parking lot where I learned to ride the 9b1.  The ACM is a great wheel, I find it more agile, comfortable (doesn't hurt my ankles) and more powerful than the 9b1.  

I used WheelLog to capture the last few minutes of my outing. Screenshot attached.

I will keep the warning beeps on, tiltback set to 30km/h.  Pedals set to most stiffest setting.  And now I'm all set.  I now have a wheel that can move my weight and keep a smile on my face.

Oh and by the way, @Marty Backeyou were right, my ACM came with red rubber pedals and V2 board - so it's older.  I also had a screw head snap off on yesterday, so I replaced them all today - using same size but stronger stainless steel screws.  New larger ACM pedals are on order - so life is good.

Oh, and because I like the ACM better than the Nb1 - it's only a preference for the wheel.  Ninebot as a company, obviously to me, has much better support and from what I can tell better quality control and a much better app. Just my observations.

Best wishes.....

Screenshot_2017-01-21-14-42-23.png

19 hours ago, Jose Otal said:

I had the same problem and I think this application is for other models of gotway of less power, my advice for when you have the correct application is to remove the tilbak and the first two alarms, so I have a ninebot and it is a nightmare to fight continuously with The tilbak that can not be removed in the ninebot, alarm of the 37 klm of the acm will continue active, I use the application gotway only to configure the wheel, but to wander use WHEEILOG applications for android in my case, application a few months ago , Not the last one, look in the group GOTWAY APP and you will leave all the conversations on this subject

I agree. My first two alarms are off and tilt-back is disabled. I never travel at extreme speeds so I just listen for the 3rd alarm and slow down if needed. Probably best to only do this when you are very comfortable with the wheel and understand how it behaves.

10 hours ago, Wagtenor said:

@Jose Otal I got WheelLog from the Google store.  Nice app for monitoring things. Also has settings to display in mph which is good for me.

Had the opportunity to get spend some quality time with the Gotway ACM.  Aside from the small pedals, I find the ride much more comfortable than than 9b1 for me.  I didn't need any additional cushion or anything on my ankles or any portion of my leg.  I think this will vary from person to person due differing anatomies and such.

I spent some time making sure the Electro-Sport.de app actually changed settings in the wheel.  So I set the tilt back to 3kmh then to 6kmh.  It worked each time, also gave me a chance to feel what tilt back feels like before setting to higher speed.  I find tiltback on par with 9b1.  So for me, it was not bad at all.  

I then spent about an hour just riding around the large parking lot where I learned to ride the 9b1.  The ACM is a great wheel, I find it more agile, comfortable (doesn't hurt my ankles) and more powerful than the 9b1.  

I used WheelLog to capture the last few minutes of my outing. Screenshot attached.

I will keep the warning beeps on, tiltback set to 30km/h.  Pedals set to most stiffest setting.  And now I'm all set.  I now have a wheel that can move my weight and keep a smile on my face.

Oh and by the way, @Marty Backeyou were right, my ACM came with red rubber pedals and V2 board - so it's older.  I also had a screw head snap off on yesterday, so I replaced them all today - using same size but stronger stainless steel screws.  New larger ACM pedals are on order - so life is good.

Oh, and because I like the ACM better than the Nb1 - it's only a preference for the wheel.  Ninebot as a company, obviously to me, has much better support and from what I can tell better quality control and a much better app. Just my observations.

Best wishes.....

Screenshot_2017-01-21-14-42-23.png

Great to hear that everything is good and that you're enjoying the ACM. I see that you're testing the top speeds :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I agree. My first two alarms are off and tilt-back is disabled. I never travel at extreme speeds so I just listen for the 3rd alarm and slow down if needed. Probably best to only do this when you are very comfortable with the wheel and understand how it behaves.

Yes - I may do what you and @Jose Otal describe above at a later time.  I'm still getting to know the wheel right now.  On my outing yesterday, I did notice that the beeps were plenty loud enough to hear - so no problem there.  I always thought the beeps on my Ninebot were way too low in volume and I would sometimes not hear them.  Good to know this is not the case with the ACM.

So I can see eventually removing tilt-back all together, just not right now. :)

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great to hear that everything is good and that you're enjoying the ACM. I see that you're testing the top speeds :thumbup:

Lol... I wasn't aware that 20mph was at the top speed.  I simply wanted a wheel that could carry me at up to 30km/h (And I have just that :wub:).  Actually, during the time of the screen shot - I was testing the 30km/h tilt back setting to see how it felt at speed.  I have no intentions of going faster.  I can say that 18-20mph felt comfortable to me.

I don't do the video recordings - but I did have on safety gear as always - helmet, motorcycle gloves, padded motorcycle jacket and knee pads.  

2 hours ago, Wagtenor said:

Lol... I wasn't aware that 20mph was at the top speed.  I simply wanted a wheel that could carry me at up to 30km/h (And I have just that :wub:).  Actually, during the time of the screen shot - I was testing the 30km/h tilt back setting to see how it felt at speed.  I have no intentions of going faster.  I can say that 18-20mph felt comfortable to me.

:)  Yeah, 20mph isn't top speed for the ACM, but you're in that range when traveling 20+.

FYI, that ACM reported speeds are about 10% above the actual speed, from from experience. On the other hand my MSuper speed as provided by the app is very accurate.  So you were probably only going ~18mph - feel free to push it to at least 22mph B)

Went on a quick 5 mile ride earlier today on the ACM.  Simply a great wheel.  I'm looking forward to the new pedals though.  Ordered the pedals from Tec-toyz and should be here tomorrow.

WheelLog is a great app, captured my entire ride: I think the speed shown in the graph is actually in mph.

Screenshot_2017-01-22-13-28-49.png

Screenshot_2017-01-22-13-29-01.png

Screenshot_2017-01-22-13-29-16.png

3 hours ago, Wagtenor said:

Pictures of the 2 wheels together.  The 9b1 now officially belongs to my daughter.  She likes it...:)

IMG_20170122_160434.jpg

Great side by side photo of the wheels.  The ACM looks good, compared to the Ninebot it just looks stronger.

11 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Great side by side photo of the wheels.  The ACM looks good, compared to the Ninebot it just looks stronger.

Ha.. and it is!  But check out the pedal size between the two.  Lol....big difference.  When riding it feels like majority of my weight is concentrated in the middle of my foot. New bigger pedals should be here tomorrow. :D

If I can talk my wife into getting/wanting one... I'll pass the ACM to her and get me something else ;)... maybe an 18" or 22" wheel...just a thought for now.

16 minutes ago, Wagtenor said:

check out the pedal size between the two.  Lol....big difference.

That was the first thing that I noticed, but you said you are getting the larger pedals so I didn't mention it.  But since you said that first, would you prefer wider pedals or longer pedals?  I wear size 14 shoes and I would like the Ninebot pedals to be about two or three inches wider and about five of six inches longer.  That should be an option on all wheels, pedal size.  "I'll take the E+ with the American sized pedals please":lol:

I wear size 13, I find the 9b1 pedals OK width wise, but could be a little longer for my comfort.  But the new owner has no problems with it all.  She simply wants more lights. From pictures, seems like the msuper v3 pedals are the best.  I thought about ordering those, but couldn't find any within the USA.  

Archived