Gotway 18 "Msuper" - Hardware Versions Change Log

This is a change control log for the Gotway 18.  Even the first generation has more than enough versions to warrant confusion.

Difference specific to each model:

MSuper-MS (most common model, and is what you get if you don't make a special request) - also referred to as type 2

• Maximum hill climb angle 33 degrees, Top Speed 34km/h
  • MS Motor, MS Stator winding

MSuper-HS (second most common model, by special request only) - also referred to as type 1

• Maximum hill climb angle 27 degrees, Top Speed 40km/h
  • HS Motor, HS Stator winding

MSuper-HT (uncommon model, because nobody tries to ride up a 39 degree slope) - also referred to as type 3

• Maximum hill climb angle 39 degrees, Top Speed 28km/h
  • HT Motor, HT Stator winding

Battery size options are 680wh and 850wh.  The 680wh version consists of 2 units of the 340wh packs.  The 850wh consists of 2 units of the 340wh packs and 1 unit of the 170wh pack.  The 170wh pack consists of 16 cells of 18560 Li-ion Panasonic wired in a series.  The 340wh pack consists of 32 cells, of which two sets of serially-wired 16-unit Panasonic Li-ion cells are then wired in parallel (basically two 170wh packs wired together in the same shrink wrap but sharing a single BMS across all 32 cells)..  Each pack contains its own battery management system (BMS).  The maximum input charge amperage per BMS (basically per pack) is 2.9a as measured by our member Kevin Lee in his electronics lab. 

The included AC wall charger charges at 67.2v at 2.0a.  It takes input voltage from 110-240VAC 50/60hz.  Typical charge time for a depleted 680wh unit is 4-5 hours. 

Generation 1 (released ~ December 2014) Common Specs:

• Hub motor 
  • Series 1 control board
    • Clicking power button.
    • BT
    • Non-adjustable warning beeps
  • Shell type 1
    • Shell colors: solid white, solid black, carbon white, carbon black
  • Battery options: 680wh, 850wh
  • Tire type 1, uses inner tube
  • Shell type 1

Generation 2 (released ~ May 2015) Common Specs

• Hub motor. 
  • Series 2 control board
    • Momentary power button
    • BT
    • Adjustable warning beeps (first 2 stages)
  • Shell type 1
    • Shell colors: solid white, carbon black
  • Battery options: 680wh, 850wh
  • Tire type 1, uses inner tube
  • Shell type 1 or Shell type 2 (8mm narrower version, nylon material)

where can i buy the last version in Europe?

Got mine from http://electro-sport.de by the end of May 2015 and it was a Generation 2 model. I am very satisfied with the seller - check out their videos and you get a good impression of what they are up to (I'm not affiliated with them by any means). 

There is a supplier from Paris active on the net with very attractive prices. Please do your research first before committing an order there. I found very critical comments at the time of my purchase, but I don't want to badmouth anybody without proper evidence.

If its Gotway.fr that they are talking about I did try him and paid €1,000 for an M18 which I am told would barely cover his costs even if he was on the very best high volume wholesale buying in price.

Gotway (Jane Mo) wouldn't sell him any because he wanted the keenest wholesale prices whilst only buying one wheel at a time.

He never supplied but back then he was accepting PayPal so I got my money back a little over 3 months later through them. Because of that he stopped accepting PayPal. I still lost out about €200 as the exchange rate moved a lot whilst he had my money and the £-€ conversion charges both ways.

I can't help but notice that you haven't mentioned Shell type 2.

Not that anyone would notice the difference in appearance, it's difficult to see even if they are side by side, but the newer shell is supposedly made of a more robust plastic and is all of 8mm narrower. Here's the replacement that I've just received.

20150720_165158.thumb.jpg.3816f72d43fd82Here's another picture just to prove that the new one is narrower.

20150720_170659.thumb.jpg.3da617c7741ea5

This narrowing is out of the battery compartment status. Original battery can hold but, no longer need to put so much between the cushion. I've got this new thinner shell annoyed because I would have wanted to put a larger lipo batteries. I am the original width is not at all hindered.
On the contrary, the terrain where it was easier to squeeze between the legs of the appliance when it was wider.
I put the outside more cushion and I got the original width again.

I cut the new and old shells at the same point additional pieces out of it and I did a bending test. The new material took more bending.

• 2 months later...

I think that the old shells only change these.

But it is clear that, sometimes there must come new models :) I hope it is fast 70-80kmh :D

If they release a new msuper that is faster I will be first in line. Well maybe second behind vee. Even though I'm still pretty scarred to ride over the beeps because I'm flying at that point, I would always want the fastest and best so bring on the msuper3 superduperhighspeed version

If they release a new msuper that is faster I will be first in line. Well maybe second behind vee. Even though I'm still pretty scarred to ride over the beeps because I'm flying at that point, I would always want the fastest and best so bring on the msuper3 superduperhighspeed version

In the motorcycle world we said that if you ride under control you are not fast enough.

• 2 weeks later...

where can i buy the last version in Europe?

just Love that kind of thinking... another way to get a different feeling is to ride in the night with headlamp(s)... "an articifial way of reducing the view" and the feeling is the same as going really fast ;-)

I am waiting for the new Msuper model and I hope to be able to build a community in Sweden....Maybe we should create a World Championshionship somewhere ???

Archived