Iron Wheel Association (IWA)

For those of my wheeling brethren who are also motorcyclists,you might be familiar with the IBA (Iron Butt Association).It is an organization of long distance motorcycle riders and they have rallies and contests where people ride from coast to coast etc. in 24hrs or other long distance riding.              Having recently modded my Gotway ACM battery capacity from 680 to 1360Whs,I thought it would be interesting to see how far I could travel on a single charge.Then it occured to me that it would be cool to start a thread where people could post their longest distance single charge riding information and call it the "Iron Wheel Association".Please include the wheel type,size,battery capacity and type of terrain traveled such as pavement,dirt trails,flat or hilly riding etc.Also include rider's weight,(I weigh 90Kilos or 200Lbs)pics of EUC used, any app screenshots and mapping screens if used.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ooKDkfl.png                                                                       This is my longest single charge ride ever.It was on done on mostly pavement in dry conditions in 70 degree F. whether today (11-19-16) in So. California. on my Gotway "Watts" (name credit to @Hunka Hunka Burning Love).                                                                                                                                                           fxYJY2T.jpg                                   

Ride time 5:57. Ouch, your poor feet.

whats that digital readout on "Watts" ? Factory or custom.

i know the Iron Butt.  I own a Honda St1100, ( very popular choice) but in England I prefer the Marshmallow Butt.  We race until someone bumps into an ocean.  Takes about 90 minutes.  Then we all go off for tea or warm beer.  YUM!!

27 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I prefer the Marshmallow Butt.  We race until someone bumps into an ocean.  Takes about 90 minutes.  Then we all go off for tea or warm beer.  YUM!!

90 minutes... You have got to get a narrower country! 

Count me in for the after-match function though...

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Ride time 5:57. Ouch, your poor feet.

whats that digital readout on "Watts" ? Factory or custom.

i know the Iron Butt.  I own a Honda St1100, ( very popular choice) but in England I prefer the Marshmallow Butt.  We race until someone bumps into an ocean.  Takes about 90 minutes.  Then we all go off for tea or warm beer.  YUM!!

The digital meter is custom. I also have the "pan European" ST1100,great touring bike.I have 130k miles on mine and it purrs like it did at 30k. 

Do you have pictures of what you did to mod. "watts"?

my Pan has 39,600 mi. I bought it earlier this year with that mileage. It's a 2000 ABS CBS ex police. It looked like shite and had no records, but all the known trouble spots were ok ( alternator a bit questionable). I took it apart and rebuilt it, including respray. But now it sits back home in the garage waiting patiently for me. 

7 hours ago, jrkline said:

Having recently modded my Gotway ACM battery capacity from 680 to 1360Whs,I thought it would be interesting to see how far I could travel on a single charge.Then it occured to me that it would be cool to start a thread where people could post their longest distance single charge riding information and call it the "Iron Wheel Association".Please include the wheel type,size,battery capacity and type of terrain traveled such as pavement,dirt trails,flat or hilly riding etc.Also include rider's weight,(I weigh 90Kilos or 200Lbs)pics of EUC used, any app screenshots and mapping screens if used.                                                                            

Congratulations! Like @Smoother mentioned about your poor feet, how did you withstand the constant pressure? Did you take any rest breaks along the way or ride on one foot at times? What type of shoes do you wear? Do you have a wife?:laughbounce2:

You could make some modifications to this existing Iron Butt patch or create your own and award it to EUC Forum members that complete long distance rides.

Does stuffing the V5F+ into the back of my Harley TriGlide and going on a long trip count for anything? :thumbup:

IMG_0449.JPG

6 hours ago, Smoother said:

Do you have pictures of what you did to mod. "watts"?

In a previous thread where I'm soliciting names for the ACM,there are some pictures

of the side cover removed and the extra added battery pack from the KS-16 can be seen.It's a relatively simple mod of adding the battery enhancement,I have previously enhanced my KS-18,IPS Kahuna,IPS A-130 and piece-o-shite Rockwheel GR-16 in a similiar way.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Congratulations! Like @Smoother mentioned about your poor feet, how did you withstand the constant pressure? Did you take any rest breaks along the way or ride on one foot at times? What type of shoes do you wear? Do you have a wife?:laughbounce2:

The foot strain isn't too bad especially with the newer pedals I bought from @Linnea Lin Gotway during my recent visit to meet her at the Gotway facility in Shenzhen China.I do take breaks though when the strain gets tough and I ware workboots with the Dr. "Scull" insoles while riding.The wife lives in China and works as a teacher teaching English to kids.                                                                      

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Does stuffing the V5F+ into the back of my Harley TriGlide and going on a long trip count for anything? :thumbup:

Yes. Especially if you take it out of the HD with a full charge and ride the V5F+ as far as you can on that charge and then post the results in this thread!:roflmao:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Archived