Toronto +GTA Area, Canada

Electric Dreams

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/28/2017 at 12:11 PM, Betty Wang said:

I've just purchased an Inmotion V8, and would love to meet other riders in Downtown Toronto. 

Please join our FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/gtaeuc/

On 2/15/2018 at 11:52 PM, shnukms said:

How are you enjoying your V8 Betty? Looking to meet Toronto riders as well. 

please join our fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/gtaeuc/

Never had issues downtown, nor the burbs.  

Drove by a group of cops on bicycles on a busy street in front of UofT.  All friendly, and one said he wished he rode one instead.

In my suburb, a cop smelled alcohol on my breath when he said he wanted to try it, but I wasn't sh!t-faced, and told me to drive safely.

In general, I just smile and wave each time I ride by and see them looking at me.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

Hey rider!

I'm trying to create a community of Toronto Unicycle riders, we will have a group ride this year. If you're interested in joining please send me your phone number so i can add you to the chat, otherwise you may also join the FB group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gtaeuc/?ref=search

Thank You,

Jack

THERE WILL BE A MASSIVE ELECTRIC MOVEMENT EVENT THIS YEAR

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/11/2016 at 1:49 AM, Jack Frost said:

If anyone is riding in the Toronto + GTA area please contact me. I have a group of riders who frequently meet up to ride.

Thanks

Jack

www.eride-to.ca

You guys still riding frequently? (that post is years old). I'm sorta interested in visiting the region for some EUC riding. From USA.

Edited by edwin_rm

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, I am new to Toronto and EUC. I am on a Segway minipro, mastered it, now looking for an upgrade. 

I got the Ninebot Z10, KS 16s and 18xl in my shortlist. Can you guide me to pick the right one? My requirements, just pure amateur riding in bike paths and trails. No offroading. If possible, will take it to work from Bay/Bloor to Union station on Bay street. 

Also direct me to good places to buy them both new and used in Toronto. 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:38 PM, Harishmirror said:

Folks, I am new to Toronto and EUC. I am on a Segway minipro, mastered it, now looking for an upgrade. 

I got the Ninebot Z10, KS 16s and 18xl in my shortlist. Can you guide me to pick the right one? My requirements, just pure amateur riding in bike paths and trails. No offroading. If possible, will take it to work from Bay/Bloor to Union station on Bay street. 

Also direct me to good places to buy them both new and used in Toronto. 

Hey there! Text me or call me 6137098008

On 7/18/2018 at 1:41 AM, Skylightica said:

I'm located in downtown Toronto. Message me if you'd like to ride together sometime! :D

I am new to EUC, if there someone to be buddy coaching me to learn my kS 18L?

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Dreygun said:

Milton here. Still waiting for my batch 2 v11 so ill be a while before group riding but definitely looking forward to it. Deleted my fb, is there any other method of knowing when the group rides are?

Guelph here!

I'm with @Dreygun on the FB thing.  Any GTA+area group ride announcement, updates, etc via anything but FB would definitely be nice! 

Edited by Dragon-Fly
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 11:52 AM, hydelena@hotmail.com said:

Hi everyone, I just bought a Gotway MSP and I am having difficulty learning to ride it.  Does anyone in this forum give lessons?

Thank you,

Jennifer

Nice wheel.  How are you making out now?  Just noticed your post.  Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/gtaeuc/

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe a long shot, will be posting to the FB group too, but I'm going to be in Toronto on a work trip this coming week, Monday to Friday. I'll be away from my baby and missing the pure joy of riding. Plus, it's my first time in Toronto, and what better way to experience a city then a good ride! Does anyone have a spare EUC that you'd be okay with loaning out to me? I'd love to go on a ride with someone while I'm there. 

I will add though, I'm not sure what the riding conditions are going to be like, I've ridden in the snow without issues, but ice was a no-go. So it might not even be rideable conditions. Send me a DM if interested or even just a message here.

P.S. I'll be around the York district if that helps. 

@Kerberos The weather forecast for next week are calling for potential snow and cold temperatures. Bring warm gear. I can’t help you with a wheel, unfortunately I only have one. 😭 If you want any recommendations on some good riding locations by all means let me know. I’m local and know a decent amount of nooks and crannies in town. 

@Hellkitten Yeah I saw that too, def. will be bringing some warm gear, and if it's only potential snow, might not be able to stop me afterall haha. I also saw that there's city E-Bikes as well. So if nothing else I'd be down to just join you on a tour with a city-share e-bike if you're free. Otherwise, I'll probably find a day to go myself, if you want to just DM or post some recommendations. Like I mentioned, I'll be in York, so things in that area would be cool, or at least within riding distance haha. 

47 minutes ago, Kerberos said:

@Hellkitten Yeah I saw that too, def. will be bringing some warm gear, and if it's only potential snow, might not be able to stop me afterall haha. I also saw that there's city E-Bikes as well. So if nothing else I'd be down to just join you on a tour with a city-share e-bike if you're free. Otherwise, I'll probably find a day to go myself, if you want to just DM or post some recommendations. Like I mentioned, I'll be in York, so things in that area would be cool, or at least within riding distance haha. 

If you are staying where I think you are  York near eglinton ave (there is North York, east York, York university) you are close to coronation park, black creek, and a bit west Humber valley and south towards the lake is high park. Those are all nice places to go for a ride. Plus the neighbourhood you’re in the roads are tree lined and are quiet with nice homes. All great places for a ride. I might have time for a tour. Let me know. 

• 5 months later...