KS14 electronic gremlins today, out of nowhere

Smoother

Yeah, I'm not entirely happy about this.  Firstly it doesn't seem to happen consistently, I like consistency.  Secondly, with my wider than average feet, it increases my chance of dragging the front of my shoe, which is like (as I'm sure you all know) ia sudden braking force on one side, can you says"twist 'n' shout". I no likeey.

4 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

My IPS 121 and 191 (Lhotz) both tilt forward when turning sharply. I did not like this at first, but now I am used to it. 

Oops. Put quote in wrong place.  I've started tucking my toes in but it feels unnatural.

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

On my ride with my Ninebot, I've only had it up to a maximum of 47 C, but it could be the ambient temperature of where I'm riding that is affecting the averages.  I think I only rode outside in 18-20 C temperatures with mild to one moderate hill climb, but I did go about 20-21 kms I think?  I weight 168 pounds (added an extra one since I ate some poutine yesterday).  Maybe @noisycarlos or @SuperSport or someone else can confirm some other temperature ranges.

It was about 19 to 20C outside here on a mostly flat bike path, 10km ride, I'm 175 pounds

3 hours ago, noisycarlos said:

Not sure about averages, but I've gotten the overheat alarm twice, on hot LA days with steep hills. it comes around 140 F / 60 C

Hmm I was on flat land. Maybe something is wrong with the motherboard

21 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:shock2:  Oh no... yikes what happened?  Was it while riding past a blind corner?  Are you feeling okay?  It's not the knee that was swollen before was it?  Were you wearing your pads?  Was the other person okay?

I'm gonna have to upgrade my storage file hard drive if this keeps up.  Your medical file itself is becoming many pages long!  ;)  Stop getting injured!  :angry:

I am feeling better. It was different knee than the one i had a bad case of bursitis on. Now i have bursitis on this one too. I was wearing knee protection but it didnt matter as apparently he hit me from the inner side, where there is virtually no protection, tore off the rubber strip holding the knee pad on. I think the other guy was ok even though he acted like he was hurt. He was lying on the ground not moving for a few minutes but then got up and was ok. I think it was just a show.

the situation was not typical. I was riding my msuper on boardwalk, in a sitting position, trying to get used to using the seat. I was coming up to a steep hill which was al ost perpenditucal to the boardwalk. There was a tree on the corner and the bridge there that blocked the view of the hillside. My plan was to practice climbing a steep hill while in seated position. I was coming up very slowly and this idiot was flying his bike like crazy down the hill. This was all in the dark too. At his speed he wouldnt be able to stop and frankly he had only one trajectory he could make, if he had to make a smaller radius he wouldnt be able at his speed. We saw each ither and i steered to the right, and he steered in the same direction, i steered more to the right and him too. so he crashed into me and probably hit me with his bike. After that its a bit of a blur, he hit my chest so i couldnt breathe at first. And apparently bit the knee and cut the skin on the other leg too with something sharp on the bike. We fell and was able to sit yp but he continued to lie down. 2 more people came up they seemed to be his friends, but didnt see what hapoened and came at me of course. Anyway, when they saw that he didnt have any visible damage and i had cuts on my leg and my knee they shut up and we basically walked away. Unicycle is ok. That night i was still able to walk for another hour or so but when i got up the next morning i couldnt. 

21 hours ago, 9Bot1 said:

Just saw saw your response @Cloud. Will go through that checklist now, thank you. Hope you feel better soon. I keep reading about knee injuries, maybe we should be riding with braces instead of pads?

Thank you i am better. I can walk now, and i am hoping that its just bursitis. We cant wear braces if they lock our knee angle to a certain position as we need to be able to bend knees when we ride. But a stronger knee protection wouldnt hurt, especially if it cover the knee from the side too. I just irdered a motorpcycle knee protection, should be a bit better

19 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I just heard about your accident! Sorry! Hope your MRI results come back negative! Unfortunately our knees were never constructed properly to sustain major impacts! Best wishes!

Thanks Rehab, i hope so too. Yes, i know know about everybody else, but mine certainly werent made ti withstand these hits. 

Oh man that's crazy.  That biker was such an idiot!  :angry:  Imagine if you were a family with small kids taking a nice evening stroll.  That guy could have crashed into a small child or stroller.  Usually people approaching should veer right so you did the right thing... If you are driving a car over a narrow bridge do you veer left towards the approaching car?  :rolleyes:  Do you think you could have avoided the bike if you were standing?

I've had that too where a bike came zooming down a hill recklessly as I was riding on a pathway.  They took a shortcut down the hill, but luckily we both stopped in time.   This was during the day so visibility wasn't a problem.  Did you have a flashlight or body lighting on?  That's what I fear when riding when it's dark whether people can see me.  I've taped reflectors on my bot, have a flashing 3M reflective red rear light and velcro'd on a bright front light.

I ordered those shoe lights to wear as well as arm bands.  I also carry a bright Cree flashlight as well.  Glad to hear you're doing better, but be careful at night!  Others might not be as careful as you.

10 hours ago, 9Bot1 said:

It was about 19 to 20C outside here on a mostly flat bike path, 10km ride, I'm 175 pounds

Hmm I was on flat land. Maybe something is wrong with the motherboard

Hold on a moment... Just realized this is the KS14 thread.  Maybe they run a higher average operating temperature?  Were you talking about your Ninebot One?

25 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:rolleyes:  Do you think you could have avoided the bike if you were standing? Did you have a flashlight or body lighting on?  

Not sure if i could have avoided him if i was standing,  its hard to say. the euc list was on

How come when someone hits you with a car or motorcycle or boat, information is exchanged, insurance companies are involved, compensation for damages and injuries is paid, point on licenses or fines, or disqualifications are handed out.

BUT SOME DUCK HEAD ON A BIKE HITS YOU AND HE GETS TO RIDE AWAY SCOTT FREE!!! That's bull ship if you ask me.  Who's going to foot your medical bills? Who's going to compensate you if you injuries affect your lifre or work.  What if you were a professional athlete, in mid season.  Now you have a knee injury that could affect the rest of you career.  I hate bike riders, they ride to fast, pass too close, don't stop at zebra crossings, and here in Spain NEVER use a bell to indicate their presence. I was beginning to think bells were actually illegal here, until I bought one for my EUC (I slip it over my index finger).  Rant over

2 minutes ago, Smoother said:

bike riders, they ride to fast, pass too close, don't stop at zebra crossings

Totally agree. Those recless cyclists are unbelievable...That's the results of bicycle's glorification as "the best way to save our planet" etc.

Archived