Dumb: 4 wheels but still self balanced?

Planetpapi

I wonder why these people go to such extremes to "Create" a hardware product, that is in no way better than a regular lowly skate board. Just a  4 wheeled square wooden board with no electronics would have been a lot better than this contraption.

On the other hand  it is not that easy to come up with an idea, design it in CAD, make a prototype, tweak the design, test it, perfect it, satisfy the regulations, find a company to manufacture it. If you are an individual with limited money, that journey can be very tiresome and demanding.

And yet we see lot of useless products on the shelves. I don't get it.

I've also seen clones of the rolling laptop version as well which look thinner than iCarbot.  I guess it depends on how you see them being used.  In some indoor facilities (large museums, airports, warehouses) and offices, there can be a lot of walking on smooth floors.  These low profile transporters might be ideal for those situations.  The small tires going over cracks/seams/bumps would be problematic, but some places like hospitals have perfectly smooth floors so items like IV drips and monitors can roll easily.

Just because an office chair with castor wheels wouldn't be great to ride around on outdoors doesn't mean that indoors it isn't a different story.  A small footprint transporter that can fit in luggage and is light (Have you ever lifted a hoverboard? It's about 25 pounds!) might be just the thing for older folks travelling.  Going around some huge malls make my feet hurt after a while.  Scooting around on one of these might be just the ticket as the square footprint is narrower than a hoverboard.   With four wheels it's likely more stable and less prone to squirrely movements.  There's always a niche market for stuff.  It's just a matter of imagining it.  :D  

Points for creativity, but it does seem like a step backward from a hover board. At least it might help stop any face plants. If people can cruise around on a skateboard with small wheels I can't see why they wouldn't be able to use this in a similar fashion. I'll stick to my EUC but I'm sure some will get some use out of something like this.

OMG...Inmotion is shaking in its' boots. Look at all of those LED lights! Looks just like the V8:P

Why would the guy on Authentech even review this!

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

OMG...Inmotion is shaking in its' boots. Look at all of those LED lights! Looks just like the V8:P

Why would the guy on Authentech even review this!

i actually LIKE the guy on Authentech..... at least i DID.... until he reviewed this piece of garbage

very odd.... i agree

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Yeah laugh now, but wait until someone gets their dog or cat to ride on one around town, and then everyone will be going ooohhh so cool!  :lol:  I gotta get my pet one!

that is hysterical... 

of course my dogs would like it, as well

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

That Flyboard Air is so cool.  I can imagine the perfect costume to wear with it:

0d6aedd0b42d3eae376a2c820349c179.jpg

I like the green colour and would love a military-grade exoskeleton for Halloween (and every day after). I think the skills ewheel riders have developed would transfer well to a flyboard air. Not sure about wearing 50 20+lbs of jetfuel in a bladder backpack, though.

9 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Yeah laugh now, but wait until someone gets their dog or cat to ride on one around town, and then everyone will be going ooohhh so cool!  :lol:  I gotta get my pet one!

I love my dogs and would never embarrass them with such an stunt! But if you must at least protect them if a castor wheel falls off!

image.jpeg

7 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

That Flyboard Air is so cool.  I can imagine the perfect costume to wear with it:

Did I hear Costume? So are you going to dress up for Halloween and ride your EUC? Come on buddy. If I am going to make a fool of myself you can atleast reciprocate ??

• 4 weeks later...
On 5.10.2016 at 2:55 AM, litewave said:

Fewer (or no) wheels are better. :)

I would want such a beast, desparately !

At least I would take a course how to ride it, and rent one from time to time !

(I just imagine when you fly up and down Danube in Vienna with this thing, all the policecars crashing below you because drivers staring to the sky ... ) :)

Archived