Wheel Shakes Violently

swvision

Hi guys, 

So I was able to take my new wheel out for the first time today and rode it for about 2 hours and towards the last 30 minutes it started shaking a lot. when i turned it off and turned it on it would rock back and forth on the ground violently. I have a Weerda v3 and i did shunt the battery which is a 170 something wh

Maybe the control board came loose inside the case?  I also had a similar problem with my cheap wheel where two of the 3 wires that ran to the motor were shorting against eachother because they had worn through the insulation, but that was after many hours of riding.

Hey guys,

I took the whole thing apart and found out that the large nut that holds the pedals in place was completely loose and tightened it up. After I put everything back together it worked perfectly and then crashed it a couple of times while riding and the same thing happened once again. Is there a way that i can tighten the nut and not have it come loose?

-sw

Do you have any photos?  Maybe one of the Loctite products might help?  Ninebots have little metal locking pieces that are jammed around the hub nut to prevent it from spinning loose.  It's strange why they don't use some sort of cotter pin / crown nut combo or other method of locking the nuts tight.

Maybe adding a split washer or Belleville washer might be an option.

11 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Do you have any photos?  Maybe one of the Loctite products might help?  Ninebots have little metal locking pieces that are jammed around the hub nut to prevent it from spinning loose.  It's strange why they don't use some sort of cotter pin / crown nut combo or other method of locking the nuts tight.

Maybe adding a split washer or Belleville washer might be an option.

Yep - Loctite!

Not only do they use it for various racing machines, but it even holds bits onto my '54 Triumph Thunderbird (which shakes more than an Amazonians vibrator).

There are several different types of Loctite that you can identify by color, I think the purple is the most common.  When it comes to getting things loose again, purple=ugh, blue=gruuuunt, and red=FUUUUUU! For what I do the purple is usually enough to keep vibration from shaking things loose and it's the only one I've ever used.

The red loctite is a bad idea since it will need over 700 degree temps to remove it. I do have blue loctite handy.

What i ended up doing is taking the whole euc apart and I'm going to add a bigger heat sink better cushion inside the case and upgrade a few things in general. I'll post pics when I'm done. 

I checked how the 9bot one deals with the hub nut problem and its a good idea. the 9bot uses little lead rectangular blocks that are wedged into the sides of the nut and held together by the walls of the foot pedals fixture. I know thats hard to explain without a picture. 

Archived