paranoias by beginner

LEO_LEO

Hi,

I bought a 9bot 1+, I think it works well, but I noticed something that I guess depends on the fact that it is new, gives off a bad smell, like burnt plastic, I think it is just my paranoia,  but I wondered if it happened to someone else? (no paranoia but the strange smell)

3 hours ago, LEO_LEO said:

Hi,

I bought a 9bot 1+, I think it works well, but I noticed something that I guess depends on the fact that it is new, gives off a bad smell, like burnt plastic, I think it is just my paranoia,  but I wondered if it happened to someone else? (no paranoia but the strange smell)

Burnt plastic smell sounds bad... Is it a strong smell? Or is it more of a "new car smell" like some people refer to it?

Just to be on the safe side - try to open the battery cover and check the battery and cables to see if there are any damage on them.

thanks @Vik's , I am no a new car expert, but I do not think that,  were it not that I imagine to have a bit  of paranoia that confuses me, it seems more an electrical smell, I'll try to disassemble the battery compartment  so cut to the chase

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Probably the tire, all three of my wheels had that smell, takes weeks to go away.  For some reason Chinese rubber has a strong smell.  

i have a garden cart at home with tires made in china.... took 6 months for the HORRIBLE SMELL to go away

makes you wonder what CARCINOGENIC nature to those chemicals there might be :wacko:

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Probably the tire, all three of my wheels had that smell, takes weeks to go away.  For some reason Chinese rubber has a strong smell.  

21 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

i have a garden cart at home with tires made in china.... took 6 months for the HORRIBLE SMELL to go away

makes you wonder what CARCINOGENIC nature to those chemicals there might be :wacko:

It's the chemicals they use to coat the mould with when "pressing" the tires. It's possible to wash most of it away and for the rest it's recommended to leave the tyres / wheel at well ventilated space to get rid of the rest of odour. Some people are even using a few teabags placed on or around the wheel to "fight" the smell ;) 

hi, to be sure, in the weekend I disassembled to check that the contacts were well connected. ...All right, it's probably the sum of the tire smell and my paranoia of novice, ...and now in fact now the smell is disappearing

nboot1.jpgnboot2.jpgnboot3.jpg

8 minutes ago, LEO_LEO said:

hi, to be sure, in the weekend I disassembled to check that the contacts were well connected. ...All right, it's probably the sum of the tire smell and my paranoia of novice, ...and now in fact now the smell is disappearing

...nboot2.jpg...

That's good! Enjoy your new ride!

Seems like the battery got some transparent shrink tubing (as opposed to earlier opaque blue versions). But not too surprising as your ninebot is "steaming hot" right from the factory - produced in August 2016.

I'm glad that you found out nothing bad was going on and that somehow you will be able to become more familiar with what Was going on inside your wheel

There is great benefit in that, as well

Many miles of safe travels to you and I hope that you will share with us many stories and pictures and videos

13 hours ago, Vik's said:

That's good! Enjoy your new ride!

Seems like the battery got some transparent shrink tubing (as opposed to earlier opaque blue versions). But not too surprising as your ninebot is "steaming hot" right from the factory - produced in August 2016.

@Vik's I thought Ninebot one uses 15 batteries in the pack but this one appears to be 16.

@LEO_LEO What does your Ninebot charge to, mine charges to about 61.7 volts.

14 hours ago, steve454 said:

I thought Ninebot one uses 15 batteries in the pack but this one appears to be 16.

It's actually 30 cells and they are assembled like this:

battery.JPG

One layer with 16 cells ad the other with 14.

Archived