KS16 battery replacement ?

HermanTheGerman

Hi,

I'm thinking about replacing my KS16 680 Wh battery against the biggest one (840 Wh).

My question is, how difficult is it to replace the batterypack, would you do it only at home, or is it simple enough, so that you could carry a spare battery with you in a rucksack and replace it while you are out in the boondocks ?

Reason I ask is, because after my rangetest of 42km a few days ago I became careless and rode to far yesterday, so that I had to roll the wheel at home, thanks God only for the last 1000 meters or so. It sounded some unknown series of beeps, all LEDs on each side blinked red while riding, and therefore I wasn't brave enough to try it further. :-)

Thanks for any opinions, htg

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

Edited by HermanTheGerman

10 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

My question is, how difficult is it to replace the batterypack, would you do it only at home, or is it simple enough, so that you could carry a spare battery with you in a rucksack and replace it while you are out in the boondocks ?

While it's not difficult to replace the battery at home it's definitely not something you'd do "in the field". Almost all of us will eventually hit the "empty tank" / no juice situation here and there and end up pushing the wheel home the last bit of the trip independent of the size of the battery ...

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Hi,

I'm thinking about replacing my KS16 680 Wh battery against the biggest one (840 Wh).

Reason I ask is, because after my rangetest of 42km a few days ago I became careless and rode to far yesterday, so that I had to roll the wheel at home, thanks God only for the last 1000 meters or so. It sounded some unknown series of beeps, all LEDs on each side blinked red while riding, and therefore I wasn't brave enough to try it further. :-)

Thanks for any opinions, htg

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

WOW!

do you know what you have to spend for a 820/840 batterie pack in Germany/Austria? about 600 Euro!!!

think its cheaper to sell this and buy a new 820wh wheel :-)

Thanks All for the info !

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

WOW!

do you know what you have to spend for a 820/840 batterie pack in Germany/Austria? about 600 Euro!!!

think its cheaper to sell this and buy a new 820wh wheel :-)

You are right, this is definitely the better option.

I thought it is possibly easier to change batteries, so that it makes sense to carry a spare-accu with you, in that case I would have bought one.

But if it's to difficult to change it in the field, it makes no sense.

Edited by HermanTheGerman

42 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Thanks All for the info !

You are right, this is definitely the better option.

I thought it is possibly easier to change batteries, so that it makes sense to carry a spare-accu with you, in that case I would have bought one.

But if it's to difficult to change it in the field, it makes no sense.

you can ask 1radwerkstatt if their is a posibbility to buy a 340-407wh batterie and load your wheel while driving with that batterie...

• 3 years later...
5 hours ago, jaiong said:

Has anyone modded the ks16 series to replace battery packs from both its side-padding? , (ensuring good  waterproofing). 

Looks very accessible, straight forward and very convenient. Any guide /tips somewhere? 

How do i cut, how do I secure /seal/lock /shield? sgSqVkU.jpg

hpZR3Uv.jpg

• 2 months later...