GotWay v2 factory warranty claim?

ElectricWheelEric

Let the numbers talk.   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Please pick 'YES' or 'NO' if you think GotWay should or shouldn't compensate me for this.

• YES
    • NO

32 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Here is my take on it, I'm not defending GotWay in anyway as I do think they should help in resolving the problem in some way.

Every car has 3 year or 60,000km warranty. You had the wheel for only 9 months, yes, but the km you put on it is unreal... it would take me 3-4 years to ride that much. However, they way GotWay dealt with many, many problems is simply not acceptable. 

I love their wheels but I have a hard time recommending due very poor cust. support.

I hope they help you fix the problem, cover 50% of the cost or something, but expecting them to replace is not reasonable.

I don't think that you should go that deep into this to say that I put too much km in my wheel, since you don't know that, in fact, euc extreme put the most in his v2 than anyone ever, riding it aggressively and it's still in one piece. So, let's not go that deep ito this part. On the other hand, yes, I would be happy if they cover some % of the cost, like 50% or something, but the main reason of me being upset is that they dont even reply, not showing any willingness of effort to help me, that's what so pathetic in the whole situation...

31 minutes ago, OliverH said:

This eBike Motor designs are a failure byself for EUCs. Have a look on this motor (http://www.znphc.com/201601/3293_2.html). That's definetly better.

A workaround could be a U profile (splitted, over the motor) of the pedal arms.

well, the axle should definitely be much more thicker, durable, tougher etc. not sure why they stick to this diameter?  oh, they have to change settings on factory machines, big deal, it's for health & safety...The reason I buy this brand is becasue there isn't any other that would suit my needs as much as this one, but that doesnt mean that I will like chinese inventions from now on...it's hard to put this label on them but they will never ever change is quality.. cheap affordable materlial >100% profit...

Just now, ElectricWheelEric said:

well, the axle should definitely be much more thicker, durable, tougher etc. not sure why they stick to this diameter?  oh, they have to change settings on factory machines, big deal, it's for health & safety...The reason I buy this brand is becasue there isn't any other that would suit my needs as much as this one, but that doesnt mean that I will like chinese inventions from now on...it's hard to put this label on them but they will never ever change is quality.. cheap affordable materlial >100% profit...

To fit in the rear end of bicycles ;)
Define safety :(

Just now, OliverH said:

To fit in the rear end of bicycles ;)
Define safety :(

why would you insert it in a bicycle? :P:D for those purposes you can spend less by buying only the hub motor itself.??

Safety? Here and now means assurance of durability of the axle, not having to worry that it will snap whilst riding your wheel. Or by knowing it's such a week part of the system it could have been removable, able to separate from the motor and not built into it making the whole situation more afforable etc.

2 minutes ago, ElectricWheelEric said:

why would you insert it in a bicycle? :P:D for those purposes you can spend less by buying only the hub motor itself.??

Safety? Here and now means assurance of durability of the axle, not having to worry that it will snap whilst riding your wheel. Or by knowing it's such a week part of the system it could have been removable, able to separate from the motor and not built into it making the whole situation more afforable etc.

The safety was just a joke. But it will be hard way to reach the safety required by regulations.
Our beloved EUC motors are derived from eBike motors with some slight changes. The EUC business is so small today so there's no real progress - only on low hanging fruits. No improvement in the core/ control unit. But that will change..

32 minutes ago, OliverH said:

The safety was just a joke. But it will be hard way to reach the safety required by regulations.
Our beloved EUC motors are derived from eBike motors with some slight changes. The EUC business is so small today so there's no real progress - only on low hanging fruits. No improvement in the core/ control unit. But that will change..

looking forward to it :)

That hollow axle design is definitely a weak point.  You would think if there is room at the centre of the motor hub that a larger bearing could be used to allow a thicker, stronger axle while having a space for the wiring harness to exit.  All the weight load is placed on the small diameter axle that is hollowd out for the cable.  I'm no metallurgist, but I'm guessing that repeated strain aggravated by surface corrosion likely created the metal fracture.

http://www.physics.uwo.ca/~lgonchar/courses/p2800/Chapter7_MechanicalII_Handouts.pdf

We have to remember that the pedal support acts as a huge lever arm on the axle. It's almost like using a long breaker bar on a seized bolt but applying repeated moderate forces over time.  The metal ends up giving at one point.  The heavier the rider the greater the forces and larger the chances of fracture.  Add in crash forces, and it's surprising not more of these axles are fracturing.

Hopefully Gotway will see that the rider should not be to blame in this case as it is like saying that a bicycle pedal broke off because the bike was ridden too much in wet environments.  A properly engineered product should not fail that easily I think.  

For those rare cases where it does fail due to a defective part (it does happen!), it's worth it to provide excellent warranty support and maintain a company's good reputation at the cost of an inxpensive motor replacement and keep a happy, repeat customer than to provoke the ire of fellow EUC enthusiasts.  Building a good reputation means having consistent, excellent customer orientated care.

I recently got ACM from Linnea. Fast ordering, fast delivery by UPS. :)

Actually, it came without trolley which I ordered as well but this was immediately sent by Linnea without any extra costs on my side so now I have the complete set :D

I am writing this to balance the seemingly not very favorable recent reputation of Gotway.

1 hour ago, JoyRide said:

Actually, it came without trolley which I ordered as well but this was immediately sent by Linnea without any extra costs on my side so now I have the complete set :D

I am writing this to balance the seemingly not very favorable recent reputation of Gotway.

while i'm glad you added this..... they seem to always be great at responding AFTER YOU PAY THEM

it's when things break and they have to fix something that the problems have ensued

good luck with your wheels.... many miles of safe and happy travels to you

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that Gotway has not attitude to customers.

On 21. 9. 2016 at 0:07 PM, JoyRide said:

If she sent to you what you ordered, it is correct. Nothing special. Don´t be so childish.

Customer care is not only about to sell new product !

Archived