Gotway Msuper V3 only 1200W?

Now I'm the happy owner of Msuper V3 with all the plusses and minussers (might do a review to sum up later)

The specification says 1500W, but if I look at the motor is says 1200W (Was made aware of this on facebook)

What is going on? does your V3 say the same?

Even if I can feel the added power compared to 16" 800W I can't help feeling a bit disappointed not getting 1500W

14384220_10154562180757431_963837724_n.jpg

24 minutes ago, vdubers said:

Im sorry i cant really make out where that actually is on the EUC? Ive got a msuper v3 too and would like to check. Do you need to take the casing off?

That's an engraving on the outside rim of the motor / wheel - you should be able to see it without removing the casing. Just spin the wheel around and look for the text.

15 minutes ago, HEC said:

That's an engraving on the outside rim of the motor / wheel - you should be able to see it without removing the casing. Just spin the wheel around and look for the text.

Mine doesn't have that on it. It has the QJ******* engraving but not the 1200w it doesn't say 1500w either though sadly so doesn't really let us know anything

It's an statement of the Motor manufacturer. Which voltage/ winding setup? How is Gotway driving the motor with the motor driver?

The KS18 has also 1200 w stated on the motor and was rated from Kingsong with 1100 W. 

Anyway. All this number are ratings/ estimations.

Is it possible that ks18+ and gotway msuper v3 are using the same motor?

That the motor manufacture rates the motor at 1200w, and that KS  rates the motor as 1100w while Gotway rates it at 1500w?

Someone that has both unicycles could compare, I only have the KS18+.

In my personal experience the motor of the KS is very good but the control board sucks, it does not have the proper capacity.

When Gotway was fiirst communicating the motor power they gave conflicting info. They said 1000w, then said 1200w, then 1500w. It certainly makes a bad impression like they were just deciding which is going to sound better....now having seen a couple of people stating that the motor says 1200w makes me wonder how much we can trust the official specs...i sure hope gotway has a good explanation for this, otherwise it looks a bit ugly...

Any motor that can put out 1000W can also put out 1500W - it is just a matter of how much current you push through, and at what voltage, and for how long. It's the power electronics that are usually the choke point.

34 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

Any motor that can put out 1000W can also put out 1500W - it is just a matter of how much current you push through, and at what voltage, and for how long. It's the power electronics that are usually the choke point.

The power electronics are usually the choke in electric unicycles, but it does not have to be that way just look at ebikes. But the power rating of the motor is complete irrelevant to the power electronics.

For example the ks18a motor is rated at 1100w, and the control board is the choke point if they improve the control board the motor is still a 1100w motor only that you can use now the full pontential of the motor if there is no choke point.

The definition of a nominal motor rating is the highest power it can handle under worst operating condition conditions for an unlimited amount of time. Unlimited really means long enough that after a few hours of running the max temperature does not keep increasing.

For example if the motor is really 1500w, it means it should be able to run at that power in a place like Arizona several hours without reaching a temperature of destruction, if the temperatures keeps going up faster than it can dissipate the heat it is not 1500w since with suficient time it would get burned.

I'm with cloud.  There better be a good explanation for this.  People are dropping almost $2,000 for one of these 16xxwh and to be honest the jump to a 1500 was really one of the ONLY reasons I'm upgrading.  I was just riding my V2 last night and thinking to myself why am I even getting rid of this unit.  It rides perfectly and do I really need more power?  So yeah this would be a huge problem if this is truly only a 1200 motor  because on every advertisement or post to sell one of these it says 1500 motor

Is there anyway to tell for certain? I came from a cheap generic wheel so this feels super powerful to me but will still be disappointing if its 1200w because i would have just gone for the much cheaper msuper v2 and would be having words with my supplier. This is what mine looks like 

FullSizeRender.jpg

14 hours ago, checho said:

Is it possible that ks18+ and gotway msuper v3 are using the same motor?

That the motor manufacture rates the motor at 1200w, and that KS  rates the motor as 1100w while Gotway rates it at 1500w?

Someone that has both unicycles could compare, I only have the KS18+.

In my personal experience the motor of the KS is very good but the control board sucks, it does not have the proper capacity.

no, its not the same motor...totally different! i have Ks18 1200w AND V3....read my msuper v3 review to find out more!!

And: on mine v3 is only a serial number!

as i have heared it was just a misprint of the manufacter/wheel producer...

but anyways...this are just marketing numbers!

the v3 is riding 40kmh over nearly complete batterie range!!! (i will NOT test under 30% :-)) it is the strongest motor i ever tried!!

the Ks18 does this safe (my opinion) only from 65-100%.....with newest firmware Ks even regulated the Ks18 from 40-50% on...to a 30kmh max.....

Archived