Why are they recycling old TV shows?

Has the creativity gene just gone extinct?  I roll my eyes :rolleyes: every time they bring back another old show and try to reboot it.  Maybe I just haven't given the new shows a chance, but has Hollywood just simply run out of good ideas for new programming?  They brought back Hawaii Five O, MacGyver, what's next? The Love Boat?  Fantasy Island?  Westworld?  Oh, right that one looks pretty cool.  I always loved the ol' Yul Brynner version.  But sheesh, com'on, let get original.

You wonder why there are no "Leonardo" or "Gallileo's" or "da Vinci's" or "Bach's or Beethoven's" any more.  Where's the new geniuses of invention and creativity?   Is there truly nothing new under the sun?

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

great-quotes-21-728.jpg

Ah... That explains how come several different people all have patents for the same design of Electric Unicycles. It has all been invented before so they have to give out multiple patents to keep themselves (and the patent lawyers) in work.

16 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Has the creativity gene just gone extinct?  I roll my eyes :rolleyes: every time they bring back another old show and try to reboot it.  Maybe I just haven't given the new shows a chance, but has Hollywood just simply run out of good ideas for new programming?  They brought back Hawaii Five O, MacGyver, what's next? The Love Boat?  Fantasy Island?  Westworld?  Oh, right that one looks pretty cool.  I always loved the ol' Yul Brynner version.  But sheesh, com'on, let get original.

You wonder why there are no "Leonardo" or "Gallileo's" or "da Vinci's" or "Bach's or Beethoven's" any more.  Where's the new geniuses of invention and creativity?   Is there truly nothing new under the sun?

Married with Children , a Classic favo  :P

Oh good grief - doesn't it figure? :rolleyes:  I thought I discovered a quirky, original series while watching "Shameless (US)" on Kodi, but then after finding it on Netflix I discover that it's actually a remake of the British series of the same name!

I tried watching Penny Dreadful, but it was like a mishmash of my old English 20 class.  Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Portrait of Dorian Grey were great stories, but to mix them altogether it's a bit much.  I might return to it later on, but it was hard to sympathize with any of the characters.

Oh well, recycling is good for the environment I guess.

10 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Oh good grief - doesn't it figure? :rolleyes:  I thought I discovered a quirky, original series while watching "Shameless (US)" on Kodi, but then after finding it on Netflix I discover that it's actually a remake of the British series of the same name!

Haven't you all worked it out yet?

All the best "American" series are just copies of British ones - with absolutely no changes, except for the accents (and a reduction in subtlety) to make it more accessible...  :P

Sigh... just a bunch of copycats!  It's no wonder why they keep on releasing remakes of Spiderman, The Jungle Book, Fantastic Four, etc etc... it just never ends!  I guess it's cheaper easier than trying to create original series, and if it brings the stories to a larger audience I guess why not hey?  So far, I'm a few episodes in, and Shameless is a pretty entertaining show.  Like popcorn for the brain.  Suits has gone downhill a bit with all the prison centric stories, but the previous seasons were solid.

Stranger Things was great, touch some feelz and memories of tabletop gaming with that extra taste of Supernatural we all loved back in the day.

The intro really captures my, it's one of the times i stay and watch the intro, which i don't for all other shows, i think it's cause its music of the "Dr Who" kind, just listen to it and compare

Anyways, i think that this show isn't like any other as of lately, and in the same direction goes the show Mr. Robot and Halt and Catch Fire.

There are good shows out there, but still many that copy old ones or blandly rip offs

Archived