securing the battery in place

Ajss_1

hi there - the nb battery is loose wobbles around and i have noticed on mine has started to get worn. who secures their battery in place? do you use velcro or adhesive etc? and does any know one NB dont secure the battery in the 1st place. cheers

@Ajss_1 I've often wondered about that also.  Why don't they peel the covers off the tape and stick the battery securely?  It doesn't make sense to me either.  Now I am going to check my battery for wear and possibly put extra protection like some have posted in the past.  I have 170 miles, about the first hundred off pavement so I should get a good idea how the battery is holding up after thousands of bumps.

6 hours ago, Ajss_1 said:

Amen! But It's such an obvious design flaw that over time battery will wear why have nb not accounted this by padding the battery themselves. Has anyone put this to nb directly? 

What is the best way to do that, I wonder?  Through the black box feedback?  I think I will ask my Segway dealer to check in to that.

On ‎11‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 0:55 AM, steve454 said:

...  I think I will ask my Segway dealer to check in to that.

I predict an plain and simple standard reply about "abnormal use of device" and that dropping from curbs/jumping and doing tricks is not intended use...

Don't think the tape was meant for other than damping light bumps and wasn't designed to be stuck to the body of 9b1 *(won't hold up either). Battery is being produced by others (Blitz Group?) and they just used the double sided tape (instead of rubber seal/damper) as the cheapest solution to protect the shrinking tubing from light abrations.

Archived