Gotway Mcm v3 $600 good price or not?

swvision

Hi there,

I'm new and I'm going to be buying a euc soon. The best one I found so far that suits my needs is the Gotway mcm v3. I like it because it's small and I could hide it in a backpack whenever I feel the need to walk. I was also looking at the acm 16 but that looks a little too advanced for me.  

Is $599 is a good price for  MCM v3 with 260 Wh battery?

Heres the link: ebay listing

s-l500.jpg

260wh seems kind of low for the battery but I dont really want to spend more than $500 to be honest. I've seen 680wh ones on sites outside the US but I think theyre almost triple the price of the link i listed.

What do you guys think is the best thing for me to do?

cheers,

CW

33 minutes ago, swvision said:

.What do you guys think is the best thing for me to do?

As for every rider, that will depend on what you want from your wheel.

What do you want to do with it? 

What range do you want to travel? 

What sort of terrain will you ride? 

And what sort of weight wool your wheel be carrying? 

@swvision

its a good price for a nice wheel...only downside in my opinion:

batterie!

you know you will be just getting about 15-20km range out of it? and thats optimistic...

and: not much options to put a plus batterie in it...for longer range

I have a reliable car but driving it to Downtown Los Angeles is a bit of a hassle for me. It takes me 2 hours to get to work. Downtown is 18 miles away from my house. Sometimes I take the metro/bus to get there and it actually gets me there faster, in about 1.5 hours. What I would like to do is sell my car ultimately and take a euc from my house to the bus/metro stop, put it in a backpack, get off the bus and take out the euc and ride the rest of the way to work. 

from my house to the bus stop is 0.9 miles which takes 18 minutes to walk to. And when i get off the bus it's another 0.2 miles(5 minutes walking). So, I think by getting a euc I would get to the checkpoints faster. There's also the trip back from work. I'm just guessing that if I had a euc that i can carry with me discreetly that I would save at least 30 minutes from my daily route to and from work not to mention the perspiration .

The terrain will be mostly flat pavement and a few stop lights.

I'm 165 lbs 

I'm going to chime in here, even though I'm not an expert by any means, but I think that battery size will be fine for you.

I weight 175 pounds have a similar wheel with only a 132WH battery, and I can ride about 6 miles on a charge, and still have 30% left on the battery.

So a 260WH battery should be good enough to get you around...

BUT - I will also add, that I predict you will want a bigger wheel within months.  Like others have said, it's addictive.

I think you will start using the wheel for all sorts of reasons, and will want a bigger range.  I could see you exploring L.A. every weekend, going to Central Market, exploring downtown, China Town, the Korean area, and wanting a bigger, better wheel.

Just my $0.02

Q~

Questor,

I'm really debating between the acm 16 with 860wh or the mcm 14 with 260wh. i know its a lot more for the acm 16 but the range would be a good thing to have. Also, something with a bit more power. It would be a lot harder to hide the acm though. It would be perfect if i could find an mcm v3 with 800wh+ but i cant.

Update: found one in California with 680Wh @ tec toyz going for $1,041.68

What do you guys think is it worth paying $400 more for the ability to go an extra 25 miles?

8 hours ago, swvision said:

Questor,

I'm really debating between the acm 16 with 860wh or the mcm 14 with 260wh. i know its a lot more for the acm 16 but the range would be a good thing to have. Also, something with a bit more power. It would be a lot harder to hide the acm though. It would be perfect if i could find an mcm v3 with 800wh+ but i cant.

Update: found one in California with 680Wh @ tec toyz going for $1,041.68

What do you guys think is it worth paying $400 more for the ability to go an extra 25 miles?

the Acm is really no "backpack" wheel anymore...to heavy and bulky...but you can get a trolley for it!

it is worth the money....as long as you do nothing more than described...the 14 is enough!

but be warned: once you are fine on the wheel...you will for sure do more than your daily commute!

IMO the best backpack wheel would be Inmotion v5f+

My MCM4 is ok for carrying around on short distances (everyday taking it with me on the train, under the seat), but a bit bulky for a backpack - I mostly use the trolley handle unless in the train or on stairs. I guess MCM3 has the same weight due to same internals as the MCM4, and a bit more compact "classical" shell.

PS

I use a 340Wh self-made high-discharge rate battery (Samsung 30Q) and the furthest I rode is ca 25km, but never pushed it to the limit.

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

IMO the best backpack wheel would be Inmotion v5f+

Totally agree. If you're already considering wheels in $1000 rage the V5F+ is the best choice: https://www.ewheels.com/product/inmotion-v5f/ and it's one of the best looking wheel out there of the latest generation of EUCs. With the add on handle you can push it around like a light luggage instead of forcing it into a backpack. Have some read below and in whole Inmotion section of the forums:

I'm sort of in the same situation. I have my 'entry level wheel', but am now looking for something better. 

I'm going to upgrade to a 16" wheel, and am torn between a Onebot One E+ and Inmotion  V5F+.  A range of about 10-12 between changes should be enough for me.

I am currently just waiting for one to be on sale or get a used one.

Let us know what you decide.

Q~

6 minutes ago, Questor said:

I'm sort of in the same situation. I have my 'entry level wheel', but am now looking for something better. 

I'm going to upgrade to a 16" wheel, and am torn between a Onebot One E+ and Inmotion  V5F+.  A range of about 10-12 between changes should be enough for me.

I am currently just waiting for one to be on sale or get a used one.

Let us know what you decide.

Q~

Did you mean V8? V5 is 14", AFAIK...

Thanks for your help guys. I've decided. I'll be ordering the Gotway ACM 16 860Wh this coming week. I appreciate all your help and hope to help others in the future. I already have plans on modding it even though i haven't ordered it yet. As for carrying it on a bus: I'll have to search for a large backpack or luggage carrying case. 

Archived