How to Change a Tire/Inner-Tube on the King Song 16" Animation Video

Jason McNeil

I wish the KS-14 was  as easy as that, when I do eventually need to change the tube or tire I think I'll be adding gold bullet connectors to the motor wires so the wheel can be dropped out more easily, the screw terminals on the main board are a struggle to undo.

@Jason McNeil, one thing I didn't understand, surely the wiring to the Hall effect transistors doesn't also go through that plug that was disconnected to release the wheel? I would have thought that just had the 3 phase wires in it?

12 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yeah the cable & connector includes hall sensors, 8 pins I think.

Jason, in that case that is really a excellent step forward  by KingSong in making a tire change easier.

The one thing that prevents me going longer distances on my EUC is the thought of being stranded if I get a puncture. At least on a bicycle it was simple enough to fix a puncture there and then and I always had a pump and repair kit.

Having said that, once I fitted Kevlar lined tires I never got another puncture - so those would be an even more beneficial addition to all EUC's.

i did also like the idea of this device: https://patchnride.com, absolutely perfect if it works for an EUC, but really not a big enough improvement on bikes to be worth the money (IMHO). By the reference to launch in "Early 2016" it looks like it may, sadly, have failed already?

I keep meaning to ask @esaj (hint!) how to run a poll as it would be interesting to see how big a problem punctures are, how much getting one ruined the riders whole day, how bad a job fixing it was and what makes suffer them the most?

2 minutes ago, Keith said:

I keep meaning to ask @esaj (hint!) how to run a poll as it would be interesting to see how big a problem punctures are, how much getting one ruined the riders whole day, how bad a job fixing it was and what makes suffer them the most?

Start a new topic, write into the Content-box the description of the poll, then under Topic Details, select the Poll -tab, fill in Poll-title, question(s) and answer options, done.

You can try it out here, this subforum is specifically meant for trying out the forum functions:

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/27-testing-only/

7 minutes ago, Keith said:

Jason, in that case that is really a excellent step forward  by KingSong in making a tire change easier.

The one thing that prevents me going longer distances on my EUC is the thought of being stranded if I get a puncture. At least on a bicycle it was simple enough to fix a puncture there and then and I always had a pump and repair kit.

Having said that, once I fitted Kevlar lined tires I never got another puncture - so those would be an even more beneficial addition to all EUC's.

i did also like the idea of this device: https://patchnride.com, absolutely perfect if it works for an EUC, but really not a big enough improvement on bikes to be worth the money (IMHO). By the reference to launch in "Early 2016" it looks like it may, sadly, have failed already?

I have been really fortunate so far.

I rode my Ninebot One E+ for over 1000 miles over 9/10 months without getting a puncture and the tire was still perfect when I sold it recently.

My Gotway ACM has 675 miles so far in less than 2 months with no puncture. 

I ride over all sorts of terrain and I know I have ridden over glass the odd time when it's been unavoidable. When I hear a crunch sound I cringe but so far so good, :) 

I wouldn't worry too much. I make sure I take some money out with me just in case something does go wrong then I can get a bus/taxi back home if need. I definitely won't be carrying spare inner tubes/patches, my pump & tools around with me just on the off chance I get a puncture.

Hello @Jason McNeil, , you cannot receive messages so here I post it ..

I need an inner Tube for my KS16'' -- I've not yet punctured mine but I'm afraid I will..

so please send me an offer for one or two Inner tube (do I gain something by buying two ? )

including shipping costs (Italy) ..

Thank you a lot !

12 hours ago, Polpus said:

Hello @Jason McNeil, , you cannot receive messages so here I post it ..

I need an inner Tube for my KS16'' -- I've not yet punctured mine but I'm afraid I will..

so please send me an offer for one or two Inner tube (do I gain something by buying two ? )

Hi @Polpus I've purchased both tube as well as tire for KS-16 from @Jason McNeil. They're listed on his webshop:

Just the tube: https://www.wheelgo.com/product/king-song-14-inner-tube/

Tube & Tire set: https://www.wheelgo.com/product/king-song-14-tire-inner-tube/

(don't get scared by "confusing" URLs mentioning the 14", they're really 16" :))

If you want to purchase only tube or two you might try to check with Jason before ordering if he would be able to offer some better shipping rate on that as he has currently one delivery rate for everything within EU but it's based on delivering the heavy wheels ...

All,

with thanks to @esaj for for explaining how to do it, I've added a survey on punctures here:

So now I just need everyone to take part in the survey (please ;-) so we can see if punctures are a real, or just imagined, problem?

Chatting with my very keen cyclist brother, he comments that 9 times out of 10 it is the back wheel that punctures. His theory is that the rider can see and avoid sharp objects with his front wheel but that is not so easy with the backwheel. If that theory holds we should be even less likely to get punctures as, particularly with the smaller (14") EUC's, our focus is on the ground nearer to us than a cyclist due to the need to be alert to potholes, etc that might tip us off. We can also turn and twist more quickly hence, able to take more positive avoiding action.

Archived