My KingSong died

johrhoj

The other day I did a really clumsy dismount. 

My kingsong fell on its side (without speed). To my surprise, when I picked it up, it was turned off and the power button will not turn it on again. 

I will open up my model (18" 1200W/1360Wh). What do I look for? What can be broken?

Hi, if it just fell on the side, I would think perhaps it's just a loose cable, something disconnected. If not, maybe something was damaged, but you'll see it easily when opening it I think.

What happens if you plug in the charger ?

Ok. I opened up my wheel, found the batteries and the motherboard ... all visually ok. All connectors connected.

When I plug it in, it seems that it starts to charge normally, but nothing else happens.

I will now try to open it up even further, because the on/off button itself may be broken. But that is probably something for next weekend. I am now commuting on my backup-wheel, so no hurry.

53 minutes ago, Chriull said:

And maybe there are also fuses in the BMS - imho kingsong used them for overdischarge protection instead of mosfets. But i don't know if the actual bms are still like this...

I just ordered new fuses from 1RadWerkstatt for the KS16 to replace original fuses. I'll get two fuses. I think one is Mainboard and the other BMS of the first battery?

20 minutes ago, OliverH said:

I just ordered new fuses from 1RadWerkstatt for the KS16 to replace original fuses. I'll get two fuses. I think one is Mainboard and the other BMS of the first battery?

If you have your (actual) KS ordered from 1RadWerkstatt you have no fuses in the BMS. Just the "original" deliveries from Kingsong used fuses in their BMS - and i have no idea which BMS they use for the actual wheels (with or without fuse)

So could be that the second fuse is just a spare for future use.

17 minutes ago, Chriull said:

If you have your (actual) KS ordered from 1RadWerkstatt you have no fuses in the BMS. Just the "original" deliveries from Kingsong used fuses in their BMS - and i have no idea which BMS they use for the actual wheels (with or without fuse)

So could be that the second fuse is just a spare for future use.

It's not bought via 1RadWerkstatt in this case. I bought the MSuper via Chris.

2 hours ago, johrhoj said:

Ok. I opened up my wheel, found the batteries and the motherboard ... all visually ok. All connectors connected.

When I plug it in, it seems that it starts to charge normally, but nothing else happens.

I will now try to open it up even further, because the on/off button itself may be broken. But that is probably something for next weekend. I am now commuting on my backup-wheel, so no hurry.

Did you check the Fuses? There is one on the Motherboard...at the side of it, near Batterie plug in! You can draw this fuse out, to take a better look at it!

Also there are fuses inbetween the cables of the batteriepacks coming from the sides....they are sitting in small plastic housings, which are on the cables...

Archived