A few Kingsong questions (about to purchase a KS 16)

blindjoedeath

Hey, folks - new member and first post.

I've had my eye on a KS 16 for a while, and am ready to make an order. But I'm curious - why is there so little "official" info about the KS 16?  There's a link on Kingsong's site for the KS 16, and it's blank: http://www.szkingsong.com/en/product.php?dlm=62.  Also - are there "versions" of the KS 16? "A", "B", etc.? If so - what are the differences?

Last - any thoughts on purchasing from Aliexpress (or this seller)? Here's what's in my cart currently: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/680Wh-KING-SONG-KS-16-One-wheel-Self-Balance-Electric-Scooter-with-Bluetooth-and-App/32689377479.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.xC8rQv

Hey buddy, welcome to the forum.

There is more info on the new kingsongs website at kingsong.com. They are moving away from the old website and moving into the new.

currently the version is B. A was offered more as a prototype when the midel just came out, there arent too many differences and i dont think A is still available, so i wouldnt worry about that. I think the difference may have been the presense of the battery indicator on top of the wheel with the A option.

i dont know about the aliexpress seller, he may be all right,  but why dont you consider our very own @Jason McNeil as your distributor? I believe he may have one more 680wh 16 wheel left in stock. His customer service is top notch and he has a lot of satisfied customers among the forum members; he is located in the US. His website ewheels.com. 

By the way, be aware that the specs on the aliexpress site are not correct. They were copied from kingsong specs which had errors. 

Lets us know if you have any other questions.

i also would recommend Jason! the aliexpress seller is Ok, i also bought a wheel from him...

but in my case it was because of a difference of nearly double the price ...(1300 dollar versus 2400 dollar)

here for a KS16 you are better to go with Jason, nearly no price difference or perhaps a 100 bucks, but perfekt service for you in case of a problem!

Edit: saw your link...THIS seller i dont know....so definitly recommend ewheels.com 

And another warning:

Kingsong sees all aliexpress sellers as "illegal"... cause normally Chinese sellers are not allowed to export their wheels!

So if problems occure, even Kingsong might not want to help you....

32 minutes ago, blindjoedeath said:

Thanks, everyone - ewheels it is!  Put in my order last night.

As many others here in forum I can vouch for @Jason McNeil and his top service. As added bonus you'll also receive fast 5A charger with alternative voltage switch unique only to Jason (if you've ordered 680 or 840Wh model).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to borrow this topic, yet I'm also looking at the KS 16. @Jason McNeil, you have your store in the US, but you also have a European store, right? If I buy from https://www.wheelgo.com/, it is sent from the EU and I get your support (which I've heard is top notch)?

Next question, is there any difference apart from the color between black and white? What is the motive for the price difference?

5 minutes ago, Johey said:

Sorry to borrow this topic, yet I'm also looking at the KS 16. @Jason McNeil, you have your store in the US, but you also have a European store, right? If I buy from https://www.wheelgo.com/, it is sent from the EU and I get your support (which I've heard is top notch)?

Next question, is there any difference apart from the color between black and white? What is the motive for the price difference?

wheelgo.com is located in / shipping from UK with the same excellent service from @Jason McNeil as the US based store. I guess price difference is based purely on demand as apart of the shell colour the wheels are exactly the same.

1 hour ago, HEC said:

I guess price difference is based purely on demand as apart of the shell colour the wheels are exactly the same.

Importing into Europe has 26% tax rate, whereas in the US (remarkably) is practically tax-free. 

@Johey, absolutely, it will be shipped from the UK, with European wide warranty as well. 

16 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Importing into Europe has 26% tax rate, whereas in the US (remarkably) is practically tax-free. 

@Johey, absolutely, it will be shipped from the UK, with European wide warranty as well. 

@Jason McNeil what your future policy with brexit on going ? TAXES importing from UK will arise, will you relocate within EU ?

5 hours ago, EricGhost said:

@Jason McNeil what your future policy with brexit on going ? TAXES importing from UK will arise, will you relocate within EU ?

Isn't that why God made the channel islands & Luxembourg? B) I've got a great Brexit story I need to share, maybe over the weekend...

20 hours ago, Johey said:

@Jason McNeil, the price comparison is between black and white model, not between continents. :) Anyway, great to know. The KS16 seems like a nice wheel.

KS charge us a bit more, also stock availability...

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Isn't that why God made the channel islands & ...

Channel islands will survive a brexit? Are they not dependend on a new tax/trade agreement, too since they will leave the EU with the UK? Or don't they have any double taxation treaty anyhow by now, so nothing will change?

• 3 months later...

After a two times failing 9BotE+ motherboard, I Just bought two KS16 680w via AliExpress for € 821,08 each.

I couldn't deside what color I should choose, so I ordered a white one and a mat black. Because of the AliExpress 11-11 price party is was extra cheap. Was delivered in 14 days by UPS and with no extra tax costs (UPS, how do you manage stuff like that?). Downside is that there was no Euro plug and the manual is in full Chinese characters %-). 

Anyhow, because of the price - I am still Dutch, you know -,  I recommend this seller. 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/2488062

Gave the white one to my brother :-) 

Archived