GotWay new iOS APP

Hello,

GotWay new iOS APP is ready, you may search it on Apple store. APP name on Apple store is 'gotway 2.0'. It works for MCM4, ACM and Msuper V3. Any feedback for the new APP would be appreciated. Thanks for supporting GotWay!

Best Regards,

Linnea

I downloaded new iOS app and I have the speed needle spike then return to speed then spike and when needl spikes the battery leave drops to 0 then returns to normal, it really freaked me out when I was looking at it, I thought it was going to cut out. ( but of course it DIDNT)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Donafello said:

Anyone else use this app to change settings? Ride mode?

Yes, on iPhone6. Works with ACM. But you can't see with the app what you set last time. Don't use it to display ride values. You'll start crying. The app needs to be reworked immediately.

5 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Yes, on iPhone6. Works with ACM. But you can't see with the app what you set last time. Don't use it to display ride values. You'll start crying. The app needs to be reworked immediately.

Thanks for that info. I have a Iphone 6s so my main concern is setting powerful mode, shutting off tilt back and shutting off first 2 alarms. So your saying I should be able to do that? Also have you used the horizontal adjustment feature? And do you need to restart the device after setting something or it does it on the fly?

23 hours ago, Donafello said:

Thanks for that info. I have a Iphone 6s so my main concern is setting powerful mode, shutting off tilt back and shutting off first 2 alarms. So your saying I should be able to do that? Also have you used the horizontal adjustment feature? And do you need to restart the device after setting something or it does it on the fly?

Never tried calibration. If I set the ACM to the hardest mode it beeps and app says "shocking mode". I did it while standing with no restart.

On 16.9.2016 at 6:17 PM, Martti said:

Yes,

iPhone4 is old but still working ok.

My iPad mini is not showing the hole screen. Battery symbol is not visible.

image.png

It's not defined to be a hybrid app for iPad/ iPhone. Looks the same here on impassioned zufolge 9.7 on iOS 10

On 14.9.2016 at 9:11 PM, Martti said:

My iPhone4 with new iOS and gotway2 app do not connect Bluetooth to MsuperV3. Wheel is ok because iPad mini works.

Martti

Does the iPhone 4 had BT4/ LE or only BT 3.x? If do it can't connect/ communicate. Older BT used SPP, newer BT uses GATT

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

Does the iPhone 4 had BT4/ LE or only BT 3.x? If do it can't connect/ communicate. Older BT used SPP, newer BT uses GATT

yeah I dont think his Iphone 4 has the right bluetooth chip.  Were you able to shut off alarms and tiltback with the app?

3 hours ago, Donafello said:

yeah I dont think his Iphone 4 has the right bluetooth chip.  Were you able to shut off alarms and tiltback with the app?

I set tilt back to 21 km/h. As the tire is unround I like to get it first in shape before doing strange things. Tire to case is to tight at the moment. Cheap Chinese quality, I hate that low quality supplier waste. 

5 hours ago, Donafello said:

This will all work! And no, no need to reset wheel for alarms, tiltback and drive modes...only for recalibration you need a new start!

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

This will all work! And no, no need to reset wheel for alarms, tiltback and drive modes...only for recalibration you need a new start!

Thank you so much for that.  So when you hit calibrate the wheel basically shuts down to let you adjust and then when you adjust you turn it off and then on again. Is that correct.  A demo video would be awesome. Gotway should really release one

22 minutes ago, Donafello said:

Thank you so much for that.  So when you hit calibrate the wheel basically shuts down to let you adjust and then when you adjust you turn it off and then on again. Is that correct.  A demo video would be awesome. Gotway should really release one

so it is :-)

Now I have iPhone 6S plus and the app is working. There is some disturbance in Bluetooth conection , because sometimes speed and matterylevel are jumping violently. I wonder if the Bluetooth antenna is placed corectly, or maybe the EMC protection is not in order?

17 hours ago, Martti said:

Now I have iPhone 6S plus and the app is working. There is some disturbance in Bluetooth conection , because sometimes speed and matterylevel are jumping violently. I wonder if the Bluetooth antenna is placed corectly, or maybe the EMC protection is not in order?

I have the same problem, on both iOS app versions, not sure if it's also there on android

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.9.2016 at 1:00 PM, Tomek said:

I have the same problem, on both iOS app versions, not sure if it's also there on android

Now i have 250 km on Msuper V3. I am not sure why the battery level is jumping down to red and back to normal. There might be a fault in electric design.

Odometer reedings vary some times showing only part of total km. 

IMG_1610.PNG

1 hour ago, Martti said:

Now i have 250 km on Msuper V3. I am not sure why the battery level is jumping down to red and back to normal. There might be a fault in electric design.

Odometer reedings vary some times showing only part of total km. 

IMG_1610.PNG

It's an app problem. 9Bmetrics will support Gotway in the near future. Apps are the downside at Gotway.

29 minutes ago, OliverH said:

It's an app problem. 9Bmetrics will support Gotway in the near future. Apps are the downside at Gotway.

not so sure about that its just the app...i have also seen v3 and ACM users trying the "wheellog" app ....which got stuck on batterie and speed, also! there is a video of Alex in Berlin trying max speed of V3 with the wheellog app, always stuck and and loose connection...

i guess this is more a bad bluetooth connection from the BT chip on the gotways. bad design-or bad antenna!

the wheellog developer blamed that also on the gotway wheels....

but we will see with 9bmetrics than

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

not so sure about that its just the app...i have also seen v3 and ACM users trying the "wheellog" app ....which got stuck on batterie and speed, also! there is a video of Alex in Berlin trying max speed of V3 with the wheellog app, always stuck and and loose connection...

i guess this is more a bad bluetooth connection from the BT chip on the gotways. bad design-or bad antenna!

the wheellog developer blamed that also on the gotway wheels....

I expect that the protocol has sometimes chokes and the value can't be read and the app has no linearisation/ caching.

I had used today the Gotway 2.0 App on my iPhone to have a look on the battery level which jumped. This is just a joke. The speed was displayed fine.

here it was:

connectivity icon gets lost...

i have both on my v3....speed gets lost and batterie also...cant say if its both together ....or each for its own...perhaps two different probs?

Archived