Is Solowheel dead?

noisycarlos

Just curious if anybody has any info. I tried visiting Solowheel.com and it's not active anymore. The Solowheel is still in the inventist site, but it links back to Solowheel.com, which of course doesn't work.

Did the company go  bankrupt or something?

Wouldn't surprise me ... their wheel has been hopelessly outclassed for a considerable time now, both performance- and pricewise.

They did announce the "Orbit" a long time ago, but never released it.

Solowheel.com still belongs to Shane Chen who founded Solowheel

I would not be surprised if it was bought, in the end, by Ninebot-Segway, but I read somewhere that Shane Chen already refused an offer.

Solowheel is like original MP3 player. First of it's kind, ground breaking. But soon every company made their own MP3 player cheaper and better. Finally iPod took over. I think Ninebot (Segway) and Gotway are like iPod in this industry. Solowheel didn't have money or power to sustain. Overpriced, less powerful, way too many copycats good and bad. Poor Solowheel.

On 7/11/2016 at 10:04 AM, EUC Extreme said:

I said immediately when they released the 18 "model specs of that, it is not the extreme :)
Nor does it it has not been.

They don't know the extreme. They should watch some videos of what you can do.

I have a lot of ideas to make the actual Extreme EUC.
And all those ideas is technically possible.
But for some strange reason, manufacturers are not willing to take a decent quantum leap in the development of EUC.
Of course we go in that direction, but slowly. Unless some surprise.

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 6:36 PM, Planetpapi said:

I think Ninebot (Segway) and Gotway are like iPod in this industry

Frankly - Ninebot (despite having massive financial backing) is currently behind and only running on almost 2 years old wave of Ones and Gotway is (again despite it's large sales mainly in China and now expanding more to the rest of the world) fairly small manufacturer with way to many issues (screws, trolley holder, pedals etc.) and I'd hardly call either of them "iPods". While Ninebot has some nice designs and was very original when Ones first came out it's now being copied by everyone and it's moms so it has lost it's unique design status and Gotway always looked more like army supply vehicles to me where form and functionality takes over design (nothing wrong with that indeed and it has it's own charm that way).

Personally I'd say that KingSong with latest KS16 did great design job and wheel is both solid ride as well as please to look at. And current design pack leading by Inmotion with it's V5F/V5F+ with is  a beauty with great set of features and superb specs.

While all this is indeed mainly personal view it's most likely still to early to declare any clear leaders or winners in this race and only company or companies listening to their customers and both innovating as well as keeping the high quality standards will in the end survive the battle here ...

1 hour ago, HEC said:

And current design pack leading by Inmotion with it's V5F/V5F+ with is  a beauty with great set of features and superb specs.

Yes, I agree, it looks like an updated and uprated Ninebot, too bad it is only 14 inch wheel.  I might get one anyway.^_^

9 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Yes, I agree, it looks like an updated and uprated Ninebot, too bad it is only 14 inch wheel.  I might get one anyway.^_^

Yeah I'm actually highly tempted as well despite both it's being 14" and me having KS16 already in addition to other 3 (14" and 18") wheels ...

Archived