Ninebot A1

OVERBOOSTN

Does anybody happen to have the Ninebot A1 yet? It seems like im one of the only people in the states with a A1 right now. I scratched mine up already -__- i did get the optional 2nd battery with it and it does seem to increase the distance it can travel. Quite easy to make the commute back and forth to work. Anybody on here have experience between the A1 and S2? I know the S2 has more power and a 2nd battery just wondering what everyones opinions were on it. And if anybody has any ideas on where to get new shells that would be awesome!

Thanks, 
Stu

20160630_101351.jpg

20160630_101334.jpg

Have you considered what @SuperSport did with his NB1 and vinyl wrap it?  It's bound to get scratched up so unless the shell is terribly damaged, just covering it up with something decorative like a wrap or stickers might be the way to go plus give it some character in the process.  Geez they make these wheels in a glossy, pristine white colour... sure looks nice but I don't think you see too many skateboards like that!  They get all dinged up with use usually...  That surface would be perfect for a pizza!

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Have you considered what @SuperSport did with his NB1 and vinyl wrap it?  It's bound to get scratched up so unless the shell is terrible damaged, just covering it up with something decorative like a wrap or stickers might be the way to go plus give it some character in the process.  Geez they make these wheels in a glossy, pristine white colour... sure looks nice but I don't think you see too many skateboards like that!  They get all dinged up with use usually...  That surface would be perfect for a pizza!

Thanks that is actually a great idea!

Shouldn't be that much difference. The S2, according to specs, has 40 more Watts of power and 2.5mph more top speed over the A1.

Personally, I'm loving my S2. It's everything I remember of my E+ in a 14" package (including the top speed & range frustrations) coupled with a few improvements like better pedal grip and a sturdier handle with wheel-kill. I haven't tried the A1, but it can't be all that different. @OVERBOOSTN does the A1 really top out at ~12.5mph (both batteries in)? (S2 top speed is 15mph for reference)

And the first thing I definitely did was to look into some padding/protection that preferably blends into the design. I picked up some white A/C sealing foam from Home Depot and cut it up to stick with velcro tape to the upper shell as shin paddings. I also picked up Black Faux Leather Shelf Liner from Home Depot and stuck it to the black glossy sides (white on the A1), as those are a high scratch potential area. I'm additionally looking into some grey electrical tape to protect the pedals from pedal scrape.

As for accessories / replacement parts, so far, only the parking stand and protective Ninebot-brand foam padding has been released, but I'm sure the interchangeable shell covers will come sometime after the 2nd round of A1/S2 shipments. In the meantime, you might want to look into the techniques used on glossy car finish scratches involving Swirl Remover to remove the scratches, and Yellow Wax to re-protect the gloss (haven't personally tried this, but there are people online seeming to vouch for this method).

32 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Shouldn't be that much difference. The S2, according to specs, has 40 more Watts of power and 2.5mph more top speed over the A1.

Personally, I'm loving my S2. It's everything I remember of my E+ in a 14" package (including the top speed & range frustrations) coupled with a few improvements like better pedal grip and a sturdier handle with wheel-kill. I haven't tried the A1, but it can't be all that different. @OVERBOOSTN does the A1 really top out at ~12.5mph (both batteries in)? (S2 top speed is 15mph for reference)

And the first thing I definitely did was to look into some padding/protection that preferably blends into the design. I picked up some white A/C sealing foam from Home Depot and cut it up to stick with velcro tape to the upper shell as shin paddings. I also picked up Black Faux Leather Shelf Liner from Home Depot and stuck it to the black glossy sides (white on the A1), as those are a high scratch potential area. I'm additionally looking into some grey electrical tape to protect the pedals from pedal scrape.

As for accessories / replacement parts, so far, only the parking stand and protective Ninebot-brand foam padding has been released, but I'm sure the interchangeable shell covers will come sometime after the 2nd round of A1/S2 shipments. In the meantime, you might want to look into the techniques used on glossy car finish scratches involving Swirl Remover to remove the scratches, and Yellow Wax to re-protect the gloss (haven't personally tried this, but there are people online seeming to vouch for this method).

NB1S2_01.png

NB1S2_02.png

Thank you very much for the advice ill try that, ive tried car compound and it worked a little but maybe these are just too deep of scratches for it to help. Maybe vinyl wrap is my only option

6 minutes ago, cloudust said:

I thought S2 is called S1 in the States. A1 is sold in China only.

@cloudust I'm pretty sure the S2 is the non-China, international version; there is no "S1" model; and the A1 IS China only, just that the unauthorized distributors there are shipping the unit abroad to capitalize on the model's cheaper price point, as Ninebot modeled and priced the unit to suit the Chinese consumers' pockets (i.e. overall cost of living is relatively much cheaper in China than the rest of the world).

One other option @OVERBOOSTN might be to Plasti Dip the sides and spray Plasti Dip Glossifier over top.  You might have to fill in any deep scratches with some wax or something to smooth them out first.  I think that should cover the scratches and be easily removed or replaced if more scratches appear.  Listen to the Fonz.... Aaaaaaaaaa!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived