Ninebot Mini / Mini Pro poor tire quality / flat tires

Time to start a new topic.

I have 4 ninebot tires (as you know I own 2 Mini Pro) which loose constantly pressure. The tires get holes very quickly. I'm not sure, but I thing the valves aren't the best too.

I always have a little CO2 pump with me and a small bottle of Stans NoTubes Milk, but I can't get the tires tight completely. 

Do you have the same experiences? Any better tricks?

2 hours ago, Denniss2 said:

Time to start a new topic.

I have 4 ninebot tires (as you know I own 2 Mini Pro) which loose constantly pressure. The tires get holes very quickly. I'm not sure, but I thing the valves aren't the best too.

I always have a little CO2 pump with me and a small bottle of Stans NoTubes Milk, but I can't get the tires tight completely. 

Do you have the same experiences? Any better tricks?

Yes me... since 4 days m'y tire is too losing presure. .. I try see inside nothing afected at what I saw.  No pit. ..nothing.  I had bought http://www.probikeshop.fr/zefal-liquide-preventif-anti-crevaison-z-sealant-aa25ml/68702.html?gshop=FR&gclid=Cj0KEQjwnIm7BRDSs42KxLS8-6YBEiQAfDWP6HC-pi2Notmiae5OUqYkCe9rohrnxUpNCIqT30CFr4YaAkqn8P8HAQ

Zefal sealant 

Now Im wonder pass the liquide inside tire

20160616_205309.jpg

20160616_205345.jpg

it's ok, I returned 50 minutes after re-inflate.

it has not deflated

So what I did:
I pulled passing hand in on all the edge: nothing, except that trace 5cm was like a powder.

After I forced by pressing the tire so that it is repositioning on the rim all around the wheel, I redid it to the other side of the wheel (side trim, I inflated to block, I left and came back 52 minutes after and it is "nickel" (good in french, perfect)

This must be due to small stones made of limestone, those which disintegrate or mud with the rain seeps

Do you know how I knew he had a problem? This is the circle in the middle of the hubcap, I was driving, it was noisy and it crossed the road

So with weight, if the round room with the tire deflates, under pressure and made pops on the road

And for the tire, if you go in the mud, there's a little space between the rim and the tire is carried out according to your weight and the pressure exerted it leaves back a lil while pebble

Ill go for a walk tonight'll see if it deflates or not

1.PNG

I'm also wondering if I should buy a couple of spare tires in advance..

Do you know for sure if the tire leaks through the wear surface or from the seal between rim and tire bead? Bit of soap water would help finding the origin of the leak.

In tubeless tires, sufficient air pressure also helps sealing the rim/bead seal airtight. If the tire bead is the root cause and you can't get the seal airtight with proper pressure, perhaps tire bead sealer would help?

While this article is about lawn mowers, it contains some useful info for us, too: https://www.handymanhowto.com/how-to-fix-a-leaking-lawn-mower-tire-rim-part-1/

The first thing that I did with my Mini Pro before getting on it was to check the tire pressures - on my "hoverboard" I didn't do that and damaged the tire wall probably at the outset - anyway, I noticed that the tires said "maximum load 70Kg" or similar - less rating than the board itself - odd??

Of course.  I'm slapping my head.  At the age of 67 it's a long time since my school physics and maths lessons.

I note that although I'm within the weight limit specs of the Mini Pro, my age exceeds the suggested maximum by quite a few years... but I think I'm managing pretty well!

Looks like I always have the same problems like Dennis. :-)

Last weekend I also recognized one tire was flat (not completely).  I didn't find a hole or something, so I pumped both up again to 3 bar (a little bit more than 40 psi), because though the 2nd tire was not flat, it also felt to soft for me.

Which pressure do you use ?

• 2 weeks later...

I punctured my tires 3 times already... apparently breaking beer bottles on bike lanes is a popular sport in Milano.. anyway I had to take the mini to a car tire shop, for lack of better place to take it to.. they fixed the tires but broke one of the wheels plastic covers in the process.. oh well.. :angry: they also said the tires rubber is very thin and easy to puncture.. they suggested on cart wheels sometimes they spray a coating inside the tire to help it insulate it.. but I didn't risk it on the mini's tires yet..

I bought it on Amazon. They don't have any tires for sale and neither does Ebay. I searched all over the internet and no one has them for sale. The Mini pro has only been for sale the last week, so maybe parts will get here soon.

28 minutes ago, Xelvic said:

I bought it on Amazon. They don't have any tires for sale and neither does Ebay. I searched all over the internet and no one has them for sale. They Mini pro has only been for sale the last week, so maybe parts will get here soon.

hello

http://mini-j.jimdo.com/mini-tech/mini-problemes-problemas-issues/mini-pieces-repuestos-parts/

"Speedy Feet" in the UK had them on back order recently but have now stopped listing them.  In Europe, all distributors have been dismissed by Segway / Ninebot as they set up a new operation and it is unclear (when last I read about it) whether and when Speedy Feet or any other previous supplier would be able to get supplies again.  Crazy!

4 minutes ago, Ozpeter said:

"Speedy Feet" in the UK had them on back order recently but have now stopped listing them.  In Europe, all distributors have been dismissed by Segway / Ninebot as they set up a new operation and it is unclear (when last I read about it) whether and when Speedy Feet or any other previous supplier would be able to get supplies again.  Crazy!

Really? i m surprised,

An european distributor ofical would sell me pro battery cheaper than speddyfeet... but all his spare parts aren't visible on his website, 

On 01/07/2016 at 11:52 AM, stefanoda said:

.. they suggested on cart wheels sometimes they spray a coating inside the tire to help it insulate it.. 

yes this is sealant it's silicone to put inside, it's prevent too

2.PNG

3.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I put a similar spray in both my tires (the one they use on mountain bikes) but that didn't seal a microscopic puncture that was leaking air.. I had to resort to taking my mini to a car tire shop, where they created a much bigger hole to insert a 'mushroom', as they call it, to close the microscopic puncture (and the bigger hole they created).. that was 3 weeks ago and the tire hasn't deflated yet.. but I'm considering buying 2 spare tires, since I already had at least 4 punctures since march and the 'mushrooms' they inserted so far are deforming the round shape of the tire.. (but I feel no differences in riding behaviour)

3 minutes ago, stefanoda said:

I put a similar spray in both my tires (the one they use on mountain bikes) but that didn't seal a microscopic puncture that was leaking air.. I had to resort to taking my mini to a car tire shop, where they created a much bigger hole to insert a 'mushroom', as they call it, to close the microscopic puncture (and the bigger hole they created).. that was 3 weeks ago and the tire hasn't deflated yet.. but I'm considering buying 2 spare tires, since I already had at least 4 punctures since march and the 'mushrooms' they inserted so far are deforming the round shape of the tire.. (but I feel no differences in riding behaviour)

even having introduced the liquid silicone which swells as it dries and forms a layer?

6 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

even having introduced the liquid silicone which swells as it dries and forms a layer?

6 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

I'm not sure it was the silicone you're referring to.. but the shop that did it specializes in mountain bikes and they said it's the stuff they use to seal punctures when they happen on bikes.. I suppose it's a similar product.. they also said it lasts 3-4 months then you have to do it again, even if you don't puncture your tire.

Archived